UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP: makes 15 million a year; no AS fight...yet

11/26/12 12:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PatrickVilone
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and why does gsp say "I don't fight for money" then 3 sentences later says "there is money to be made" ? I don't get it. This fight won't happen. EVER. Mark my words
11/26/12 12:04 PM
orcus

lol @ GSP just making up a very specific number for fat Anderson.

Meanwhile Hendricks just said he begins his camp over 210lb, Alves said he was walking at 212, etc.

11/26/12 12:10 PM
Vitor29

Didn't Silva's manager say a while go that Silva walk around at around 230. I could have sworn he did....
11/26/12 12:20 PM
superCulo

Wow Dana should just fire this guy. Phone Post
11/26/12 12:24 PM
hubris
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so he's also hanging out with Stallone and Arnold
11/26/12 12:29 PM
rampageforpresident

anderson said he would go down to 170. everything in that interview is nonsense.
11/26/12 12:35 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/26/12 12:39 PM
twitter = @theCyrildotcom
MMALOGIC - 

with 15m a year outside of the cage you cant fight more than twice a year.  Anderson probably doesnt make that much yet but this is why he cant fight very often.

I think everyone knows $15,000,000/yr from sponsors alone is way high, right?

to put things into perspective:

"Nike pays LeBron James and Kobe Bryant upward of $15 million a year including royalties and sends both stars overseas for store openings and basketball clinics."

-source-

do you think UnderArmour and Gatorade are paying him LeBron James Money?

with his purses included, that would make GSP neck and neck with F1 Superstar, Lewis Hamilton, ($20,000,000 in 2012) for the #20 spot on SI's Highest Earning International Sports Stars List...

11/26/12 12:37 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

also, I hope he IS making that kind of money (or more), it just seems really unlikely.

11/26/12 12:38 PM
Chris27

Yeah I would probably bet he maybe gets 15 mill a year total with atleast two fights that do well on PPV and all his sponsors. No way he gets 15 mill a year just with sponsors.

11/26/12 12:42 PM
MMALOGIC

this is the end of the superfight... this likely would have been the last one.  we probably will never see 2 champs from different weight classes ever fight again.

why?  2 reasons:

1) 10m plus a year in endorsement deals outside of the cage.

2) with all these extra events the divisions are becoming deeper and contenders/challengers are poppinhg up everyday.

11/26/12 12:43 PM
MMALOGIC

Chris27 - Yeah I would probably bet he maybe gets 15 mill a year total with atleast two fights that do well on PPV and all his sponsors. No way he gets 15 mill a year just with sponsors.

he makes 8 figures with just sponsors.  he makes roughly 10m a year on just sponsorships.  15 mil with 19 months he didnt fight.

11/26/12 12:44 PM
Chris27

Why are people acting like this fight is dead? Its been a week since the COndit fight, serious negotiations probably havent even taken place. Maybe it wont happen but no way the fight is dead right now.

11/26/12 12:44 PM
ausgepicht

As usual the BJ fans come out of the woodwork to slag GSP. Anderson doesn't want to fight Jon Jones EVER. GSP doesn't want to fight Anderson YET. There WERE rumors that Andy walked around at 230#s. You guys are pretending those rumors , true or not, didn't exist. You have selective memory because you still wwake up in cold sweats in the middle of the night crying about GSP smashing BJ twice. GSP is a far better fighter than BJ, just deal with it an get into recovery.

11/26/12 12:46 PM
Chris27

MMALOGIC - 
Chris27 - Yeah I would probably bet he maybe gets 15 mill a year total with atleast two fights that do well on PPV and all his sponsors. No way he gets 15 mill a year just with sponsors.

he makes 8 figures with just sponsors.  he makes roughly 10m a year on just sponsorships.  15 mil with 19 months he didnt fight.

Dont believe for a second he makes 10 mill a year on sponsors, 7 figures yes, 8? No way.

I could believe he gets 4/5 mill from all his sponsors combined, I can buy that but he aint making 10 mill a year from sponsors dude.
11/26/12 12:52 PM
MMALOGIC

Cyril Jeff - 
MMALOGIC - 

with 15m a year outside of the cage you cant fight more than twice a year.  Anderson probably doesnt make that much yet but this is why he cant fight very often.

"Nike pays LeBron James and Kobe Bryant upward of $15 million a year including royalties and sends both stars overseas for store openings and basketball clinics."

-source-

with his purses included, that would make GSP neck and neck with F1 Superstar, Lewis Hamilton, ($20,000,000 in 2012) for the #20 spot on SI's Highest Earning International Sports Stars List...

my mistake... he made 15m outside of the cage in 19 months, not a year.   USA Today reported that he earns 8 figures outside the cage:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/31647/usa-today-the-georges-st-pierre-business-is-booming.mma

11/26/12 12:53 PM
GriffinQ
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyril Jeff -
MMALOGIC - 

-source-

Lebron and Kobe are making that from one company. I think GSP is making that from all of his sponsors combined. And isn't be also sponsored by another drink in addition to Gatorade now? I might be thinking of someone else Phone Post
11/26/12 12:53 PM
Cyril Jeff

Chris27 - 
MMALOGIC - 

Dont believe for a second he makes 10 mill a year on sponsors, 7 figures yes, 8? No way.

I could believe he gets 4/5 mill from all his sponsors combined, I can buy that but he aint making 10 mill a year from sponsors dude.

it's just highly unlikely.

you have to consider the state of the global economy, athlete exposure, and return on the investment on those sponsorship dollars.

11/26/12 1:00 PM
Cyril Jeff

GriffinQ - 
Cyril Jeff -
MMALOGIC - 

-source-

Lebron and Kobe are making that from one company. I think GSP is making that from all of his sponsors combined. And isn't be also sponsored by another drink in addition to Gatorade now? I might be thinking of someone else Phone Post

I understand that, but my point was, LeBron and Kobe are Global icons, is GSP half as well know as either of them? if not, his sponsorship dollars will reflect it...

Take Usain Blot for example, fastest man on Earth, and the highest paid track and field star in the history of the World.

guy made $20,000,000 in 2012 and that was from Puma $9,000,000 (his highest sponsor), Gatorade, Swiss watchmaker Hublot, VISA, and Virgin Media.

do you think Gatorade is paying GSP more than Usain?

11/26/12 1:02 PM
Cyril Jeff

again, I hope GSP makes a BILLION dollars in his career, but $15,000,000 annually from sponsors, now, just doesn't seem very likely.

11/26/12 1:06 PM
MMALOGIC

^ The mom and pop store down the street isnt giving him 15 mil... it's guys like gatorade, under armour, etc... those who are printing money and have huge marketing budgets (good economy or bad).

GSP is like the manny pacqioa of Canada.  He's voted #1 canadian athlete I believe last year or the year before.  UFC stars get more in site fees than most other athletes short of the most popular guys.  Jon FItch is turning down $500 for half a day because it's not enough.... JOHN FITCH?!

But having said that I agree... it's not 15m a year.  It's most likely the total value of all the deals combined and im sure the duration of most last more than a year.

11/26/12 1:10 PM
djones
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Am I the only one not interested in seeing Silva vs GSP?

11/26/12 1:23 PM
Cyril Jeff

MMALOGIC - 

^ The mom and pop store down the street isnt giving him 15 mil... it's guys like gatorade, under armour, etc... those who are printing money and have huge marketing budgets (good economy or bad).

GSP is like the manny pacqioa of Canada.  He's voted #1 canadian athlete I believe last year or the year before.  UFC stars get more in site fees than most other athletes short of the most popular guys.  Jon FItch is turning down $500 for half a day because it's not enough.... JOHN FITCH?!

But having said that I agree... it's not 15m a year.  It's most likely the total value of all the deals combined and im sure the duration of most last more than a year.

fair enough, but thinking these "huge companies" are "printing money" and have a never ending marketing budget is unrealistic imo.

they are 100% affected by the economy and they 100% have budgets they adhere to, strictly.

especially the publically traded companies (Gatorade/ PepsiCo & UnderArmour).

11/26/12 1:23 PM
SinCityHustler

ausgepicht - 

As usual the BJ fans come out of the woodwork to slag GSP. Anderson doesn't want to fight Jon Jones EVER. GSP doesn't want to fight Anderson YET. There WERE rumors that Andy walked around at 230#s. You guys are pretending those rumors , true or not, didn't exist. You have selective memory because you still wwake up in cold sweats in the middle of the night crying about GSP smashing BJ twice. GSP is a far better fighter than BJ, just deal with it an get into recovery.

What exactly does it matter if Anderson  walks around at 234, provided he makes his weight class 50 pounds lighter, and perhaps even less if its a catch weight fight?  Of what consequence are those 50 pounds + that are taken off during camp?  I mean Joe Diesel Riggs used to walk around well over 300 pounds and he went all the way down to welter weight.  Was there any issue what so ever with the 130 pounds + advantage that he would have had if he never lost the weight?  If anyone knows about being 2 couple of weight classes above their weight class when they are "walking around" it is Georges.  Afterall, he comes down from light heavyweight to fight at welter weight and I don't think anyone sees anything wrong with that.  I'm in support of Georges avoiding this fight and just staying put at 170 but this walking weight excuse is just making him look bad.  Look no further than all the negative responses on this thread.  

11/26/12 1:32 PM
Attila
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva weighs 234? Why do people think it's ok to make shit up out of thin air these days?

It's more than obvious GSP wants no part of Silva the same way Silva wants no part of Jones. Probably a smart move for GSP but I think Silva would beat Jones.
11/26/12 1:38 PM
kevsh
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's pretty simple, Anderson drops to WW and Dana says he's next in line for a title shot. GSP can't say no can he? (Literally or figuratively)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.