UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP: makes 15 million a year; no AS fight...yet

11/26/12 1:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyril Jeff - 
MMALOGIC - 

^ The mom and pop store down the street isnt giving him 15 mil... it's guys like gatorade, under armour, etc... those who are printing money and have huge marketing budgets (good economy or bad).

GSP is like the manny pacqioa of Canada.  He's voted #1 canadian athlete I believe last year or the year before.  UFC stars get more in site fees than most other athletes short of the most popular guys.  Jon FItch is turning down $500 for half a day because it's not enough.... JOHN FITCH?!

But having said that I agree... it's not 15m a year.  It's most likely the total value of all the deals combined and im sure the duration of most last more than a year.

fair enough, but thinking these "huge companies" are "printing money" and have a never ending marketing budget is unrealistic imo.

they are 100% affected by the economy and they 100% have budgets they adhere to, strictly.

especially the publically traded companies (Gatorade/ PepsiCo & UnderArmour).

true but if you're targetting Canada there are very few guys who are better to represent your brand than GSP.  It's like being a big fish in a small pond kind of thing.  Whereas a guy like Jon Jones is a small fish in a big pond.

11/26/12 1:52 PM
Jetster
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for him and Fuck all you low life haters! GSP is a stud and coolguy!
11/26/12 1:55 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
MMALOGIC - 
Cyril Jeff - 
MMALOGIC - 

^ The mom and pop store down the street isnt giving him 15 mil... it's guys like gatorade, under armour, etc... those who are printing money and have huge marketing budgets (good economy or bad).

GSP is like the manny pacqioa of Canada.  He's voted #1 canadian athlete I believe last year or the year before.  UFC stars get more in site fees than most other athletes short of the most popular guys.  Jon FItch is turning down $500 for half a day because it's not enough.... JOHN FITCH?!

But having said that I agree... it's not 15m a year.  It's most likely the total value of all the deals combined and im sure the duration of most last more than a year.

fair enough, but thinking these "huge companies" are "printing money" and have a never ending marketing budget is unrealistic imo.

they are 100% affected by the economy and they 100% have budgets they adhere to, strictly.

true but if you're targetting Canada there are very few guys who are better to represent your brand than GSP.  It's like being a big fish in a small pond kind of thing.  Whereas a guy like Jon Jones is a small fish in a big pond.

I don't know man, maybe you're right...

here's FoxSports: "Canada's Highest Paid Athletes of '11-'12":

http://sports.ca.msn.com/other/photos/canadas-highest-paid-athletes#image=11

maybe they just missed him?

11/26/12 1:56 PM
awesomestprime
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

djones - 

Am I the only one not interested in seeing Silva vs GSP?

No.

I'm not interested in a single Silva fight under 205 pounds
11/26/12 1:58 PM
12SixElbow
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ Anderson weighing 234 pounds and GSP being 188.

11/26/12 1:58 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's trying to convince people he's not scared but he really is. He won't fight Silva till he thinks Anderson is over the hill and wtf is with him claiming Andy is 234 lbs? He's trying real hard to convince fans that he's not scared and if the fight ends up happening he just has to exaggerate Silva's weight so if he loses it won't be a big deal. This fight most likely isn't going to happen if Georges gets his way. At first I was hoping the fight didn't happen because I like both fighters, but now with Georges making up all this BS I would like to see it happen. If he beats Anderson then what's next? Well Georges you got a whole list of contenders to still fight. We know you're really scared, stop denying it.
11/26/12 1:59 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

I think its REALLY REALLY obvious the 15 Million number would include his PPV %, which isnt part of his 'fight purse' and is a variable

11/26/12 2:13 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 11/26/12 2:18 PM
Cyril Jeff - 
MMALOGIC - 
Cyril Jeff - 
MMALOGIC - 

that list illustrates salary.  I dont believe it includes endorsement money.  since GSP didnt fight in 19 months i doubt he'd be on that list.

11/26/12 2:15 PM
Toquinho
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope they fight as I actually think that of gsp gets top control every round he can gri d out the decision but on the other hand he is the champ and has nothing to prove.. Still hope they fight..

Would also be interesting to see him vs bendo or aødo Phone Post
11/26/12 2:16 PM
Toquinho
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^aldo Phone Post
11/26/12 2:20 PM
Brian Rule
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP actually got the number mixed up.. Anderson weighs 243
11/26/12 2:24 PM
Neil Funk

GSP actually got the number mixed up.. Anderson weighs 324
11/26/12 2:29 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
MMALOGIC - 
Cyril Jeff - 
MMALOGIC - 
Cyril Jeff - 
MMALOGIC - 

that list illustrates salary.  I dont believe it includes endorsement money.  since GSP didnt fight in 19 months i doubt he'd be on that list.

Sidney Crosby:

< $2,000,000 per year

Source: Sidney Crosby to sign richest endorsement deal in NHL history

Crosby’s new deal with Reebok is said to be worth almost $10 million over the next seven years. Crosby’s agent, Pat Brisson, would not discuss the financial aspect of the deal and said it is not completed yet, “but things are going in the right direction.”

Sources say the deal is for between five and seven years and will pay him $1.4 million a season. That would make Crosby easily the highest-paid player ever in terms of endorsements. Considering Crosby also has endorsement deals with Bell, Tim Hortons and Gatorade, it’s guaranteed the new deal would pay him in endorsements alone more than the NHL’s average salary of $2.1 million.

---rest here---

11/26/12 3:16 PM
orcus

nobones -  GSP shrunk a little I believe he is under 190 lbs. now. No way Anderson goes beyond 230 lbs. with any regularity. I've heard from multiple sources he starts camp around 220 lbs. Phone Post

His nutritionist said he started camp for Sonnen weighing at 209lb.

11/26/12 3:19 PM
orcus

By the way, as long as everyone wants to quote the absurd things both sides say, Anderson's trainer Camoes said he would need a year to move up to LHW to fight Jones and would have to gain weight to 230, while GSP walks around at around 207. 

11/26/12 3:36 PM
MartinLav

Edited: 11/26/12 3:46 PM
That TV show is a serious talk show with big budjet for french canadian TV. They have a tons of researchers. They wouldn't throw 15M up in the air without making sure. GSP seems to be a friend of the host too.

That's his sponsorships alone, and Rushfit is probably not included into this.
11/26/12 3:48 PM
bigcitytaken

GSP is scared, if u think otherwise you're delusional..ill tell you someone who isnt scared of Anderson Nick Diaz!! he openly challenged Anderson.
11/26/12 3:54 PM
Johnny Tightlips

I thought ed soares once said Silva weighs 230? Phone Post
11/26/12 4:11 PM
Yun
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dont want to watch gsp vs silva cuz gsp has weak chin and fight could end fast Phone Post
11/26/12 4:12 PM
PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for GSP. I like how he made sure to mention when he fights him and WHEN he wins what's nexxt.

Also stating that he wants the fight but when HE Wants it not because Anderson wants it.

GSP starting the pyshcological warfare already. Letting Anderson know he dictates the terms of the fight. Also showing confidence.

I am convinced Georges destroys Silva now.

Some very strong undertones to those statements. Phone Post
11/26/12 4:32 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

ausgepicht -

As usual the BJ fans come out of the woodwork to slag GSP. Anderson doesn't want to fight Jon Jones EVER. GSP doesn't want to fight Anderson YET. There WERE rumors that Andy walked around at 230#s. You guys are pretending those rumors , true or not, didn't exist. You have selective memory because you still wwake up in cold sweats in the middle of the night crying about GSP smashing BJ twice. GSP is a far better fighter than BJ, just deal with it an get into recovery.

Of course a totally misinformed and stupid post. As expected.... Phone Post
11/26/12 4:34 PM
FingerorMoon
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/26/12 4:36 PM
PhallicObjekt - 
Good for GSP. I like how he made sure to mention when he fights him and WHEN he wins what's nexxt. Also stating that he wants the fight but when HE Wants it not because Anderson wants it.
GSP starting the pyshcological warfare already. Letting Anderson know he dictates the terms of the fight. Also showing confidence

I am convinced Georges destroys Silva now Some very strong undertones to those statements.

lulz
Anderson Silva must be a basket case after that onslaught of psychological warfare.

GSP didn't come across as confident there and there were no strong undertones at all. Its the same vague avoidance statement he's given for 3 years. I love the added bit about 'if I fight him now and win, what next!?'
....yeah that's a big problem. No one will want to see GSP ever again if he wins. He'll ruin his career!

He doesn't have to fight Silva and obviously doesn't want to.
11/26/12 4:35 PM
socal

I do think Anderson is seriously bigger than GSP, both before and after cutting... especial after the cut...
11/26/12 4:45 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

socal - I do think Anderson is seriously bigger than GSP, both before and after cutting... especial after the cut...

After the cut? On fight night, I bet you GSPs weight for a 170 lbs fight is within 5 lbs of what Anderson comes in for a 185 lbs fight.

Before the cut, training camp, etc... I could see Anderson blowing up to 220-230 while GSP likely stays in shape at 190-200 year round. But those numbers have no relevance to what they actually weight at fight time.
11/26/12 5:03 PM
KingOfFighters

He wants to be the wayne gretZski of mma, theen ducks the fighter that would give him that prestige?

This guy has been saying all his lufe hw doesnt pick his fights ufc does, now hes singing a different tune Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.