UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP: makes 15 million a year; no AS fight...yet

11/26/12 5:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Teddy KGB
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

djones - 

Am I the only one not interested in seeing Silva vs GSP?

No there are plenty of other whiny little bitch gsp fans out there that dont want to see it either.
11/26/12 5:43 PM
swany
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think what gsp is trying to say is if he fights Anderson at 170 and when Anderson beats him , there's nothing left. What would be the point of being the 170 champ when someone just made u there bitch at that weight. At best ur the second best 170 pounder in the world
11/26/12 5:51 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht - 

As usual the BJ fans come out of the woodwork to slag GSP. Anderson doesn't want to fight Jon Jones EVER. GSP doesn't want to fight Anderson YET. There WERE rumors that Andy walked around at 230#s. You guys are pretending those rumors , true or not, didn't exist. You have selective memory because you still wwake up in cold sweats in the middle of the night crying about GSP smashing BJ twice. GSP is a far better fighter than BJ, just deal with it an get into recovery.

So you're saying GSP doesn't want the main course until it becomes spoiled? Yeah, I thought so.
11/26/12 7:02 PM
gabemadrid
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ -
Cyril Jeff -
MMALOGIC - 

with 15m a year outside of the cage you cant fight more than twice a year.  Anderson probably doesnt make that much yet but this is why he cant fight very often.

I think everyone knows $15,000,000/yr from sponsors alone is way high, right?

to put things into perspective:

"Nike pays LeBron James and Kobe Bryant upward of $15 million a year including royalties and sends both stars overseas for store openings and basketball clinics."

-source-

do you think UnderArmour and Gatorade are paying him LeBron James Money?

with his purses included, that would make GSP neck and neck with F1 Superstar, Lewis Hamilton, ($20,000,000 in 2012) for the #20 spot on SI's Highest Earning International Sports Stars List...

Lebron and Kobe are making that from one company. I think GSP is making that from all of his sponsors combined. And isn't be also sponsored by another drink in addition to Gatorade now? I might be thinking of someone else Phone Post
Nos owned by coca cola I believe Phone Post
11/26/12 7:37 PM
youarewhatiswrong
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj - Anderson via KO

Like how GSP talked about facing AS openly from about 4 years ago and now that it's coming to fruition hes avoiding it constantly.

provide your source.
11/26/12 7:38 PM
youarewhatiswrong
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters -  He wants to be the wayne gretZski of mma, theen ducks the fighter that would give him that prestige?

This guy has been saying all his lufe hw doesnt pick his fights ufc does, now hes singing a different tune Phone Post

You've just never been able to get over that BJ beating, have you KOF? It drives you crazy that GSP is the better man so you go to every thread mentioning his name to defame him.
11/26/12 7:40 PM
youarewhatiswrong

Teddy KGB - 
djones - 

No there are plenty of other whiny little bitch gsp fans out there that dont want to see it either.

Mods are fine with this faggot's mouth shitting?
11/26/12 7:41 PM
youarewhatiswrong

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
ausgepicht -

As usual the BJ fans come out of the woodwork to slag GSP. Anderson doesn't want to fight Jon Jones EVER. GSP doesn't want to fight Anderson YET. There WERE rumors that Andy walked around at 230#s. You guys are pretending those rumors , true or not, didn't exist. You have selective memory because you still wwake up in cold sweats in the middle of the night crying about GSP smashing BJ twice. GSP is a far better fighter than BJ, just deal with it an get into recovery.

Of course a totally misinformed and stupid post. As expected.... Phone Post

He was just mistaken about whose nuts you polish.
11/26/12 7:42 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

youarewhatiswrong - 
Teddy KGB - 
djones - 

Mods are fine with this faggot's mouth shitting?

Seems like he's bashing GSP fans, not the fighter... why would mods care?
11/26/12 7:42 PM
youarewhatiswrong

bigcitytaken - GSP is scared, if u think otherwise you're delusional..ill tell you someone who isnt scared of Anderson Nick Diaz!! he openly challenged Anderson.

Diaz is irrelevant, of course he'd challenge those better than him, it's his only way to get his name mentioned by anyone other than stoner trash.

209, bitches.
11/26/12 7:43 PM
youarewhatiswrong

started at -5. Go.
11/26/12 7:53 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

youarewhatiswrong - 
bigcitytaken - GSP is scared, if u think otherwise you're delusional..ill tell you someone who isnt scared of Anderson Nick Diaz!! he openly challenged Anderson.

Diaz is irrelevant, of course he'd challenge those better than him, it's his only way to get his name mentioned by anyone other than stoner trash.

209, bitches.

Everyone should challenge those better than him. Otherwise it's not much of a challenge.
11/26/12 7:57 PM
Entreri

I personally think GSP is eager for the challenge but he is not ready yet, mainly due to coming back from surgery.

Silva walking weight is around 230, there are a couple vids stating this. In the cage, probably 200-210 is his typical weight, while GSP will come in around 180-190.

Bear in mind that when Silva goes up to challenge LHW's, he is not taking on the #1 guy or even top 5, hell, last fight was Bonnar even top 20?
11/26/12 8:03 PM
Forssberg

Link to the interview: http://www.radio-canada.ca/emissions/tout_le_monde_en_parle/saison9/#leplayer
11/26/12 8:05 PM
Silverball
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Time is on GSP's side, in theory anyway. The longer he waits, the greater the odds that a 40 something Anderson Silva will reach the end of his athletic prime before the 30 something GSP does. I'm not implying that this is GSP's strategy, but it's worth considering the longer this ordeal drags out. Phone Post
11/26/12 8:17 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

Entreri - I personally think GSP is eager for the challenge but he is not ready yet, mainly due to coming back from surgery.

Silva walking weight is around 230, there are a couple vids stating this. In the cage, probably 200-210 is his typical weight, while GSP will come in around 180-190.

Bear in mind that when Silva goes up to challenge LHW's, he is not taking on the #1 guy or even top 5, hell, last fight was Bonnar even top 20?

Both GSP and Silva are around 200 lbs, give or take a few as their typical cage weight, despite fighting different weight classes.

The difference is that GSP is always in shape, cuts a ton of water weight, and rehydrates most of it back by fight time.

Silva cuts very little water weight, eats pizza and burgers and blows up between fight camps, then loses most of the weight through diet & training prior to the fight.

Silva weighted in 203 for his last LHW fight, 3 lbs lighter than he needed to be. GSP rehydrates to 190+ for a WW fight.
11/26/12 8:19 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

The 230's is maybe the absolute max Anderson would hit when he is months away from a fight and sporting a Liddell-like gut. That number has no bearing or relevance on his fighting weight.
11/26/12 8:50 PM
Kneeblock
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:-)

11/26/12 8:54 PM
MattyECB
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guys, GSP has already said he'll fight anyone at 170 and has said if AS went down, he'd defend his title the same as he always has.

Problem is that AS usually says he can't make 170 anymore -- which makes sense, Pride was a long time ago -- so we're stuck here.

I'm actually happy GSP finally just came out and was blunt. He doesn't want to jump weights, and he has enough challengers and opportunities he wants to stay here. Also a good point that AS is ready to finish his career... GSP has to continue after this fight so he doesn't want to switch classes.
11/26/12 8:57 PM
MattyECB
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - 
Entreri - I personally think GSP is eager for the challenge but he is not ready yet, mainly due to coming back from surgery.

Both GSP and Silva are around 200 lbs, give or take a few as their typical cage weight, despite fighting different weight classes.

The difference is that GSP is always in shape, cuts a ton of water weight, and rehydrates most of it back by fight time.

Silva cuts very little water weight, eats pizza and burgers and blows up between fight camps, then loses most of the weight through diet & training prior to the fight.

Silva weighted in 203 for his last LHW fight, 3 lbs lighter than he needed to be. GSP rehydrates to 190+ for a WW fight.

GSP has never claimed to be 200. He's been in the 180s for most of his career, and after bulking up around post-Alves fight, he started getting into the 190s. The highest he's ever been, or claimed to be IIRC, is around 195.

Silva has also claimed to be higher than 200 a few times. I mean it's all hearsay and how much stock you put into each fighter's weight claims. So no one in this forum really knows.

At the end of the day, I understand GSP's sentiment. He's happy in his weightclass and doesn't want to switch. If a guy wants to challenge him and come to his weightclass, then fine, he'll take him on any day.

Can't say I'm not pissed cus that's a fight I wanna see regardless of who wins, love both fighters too even tho I'm preferential to the Canuck, but I can't really hold this against GSP or Silva
11/26/12 8:58 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

LilBrockonmychest - 
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - The 230's is maybe the absolute max Anderson would hit when he is months away from a fight and sporting a Liddell-like gut. That number has no bearing or relevance on his fighting weight.

And I'd still like to see proof.  The below pic is Anderson at 202.  I doubt he's ever been 33lbs of fat more than that.

There is only ONE time I can ever recall Anderson saying 230 or more. That was the elbow surgery where he wasn;t allowed ANY training for months. Back around 2009. People take that 230 and use it to the extreme all the time, including GSP now lol.

11/26/12 9:01 PM
OzMafioso
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card -

GSP needs to come out and tell Anderson to make 170 or sh*t up. Would make all the speculation alot easier.

Yessir, this. Phone Post
11/26/12 9:02 PM
MattyECB

LilBrockonmychest - 
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - The 230's is maybe the absolute max Anderson would hit when he is months away from a fight and sporting a Liddell-like gut. That number has no bearing or relevance on his fighting weight.

And I'd still like to see proof.  The below pic is Anderson at 202.  I doubt he's ever been 33lbs of fat more than that.

This is another serious misconception fans have because of misunderstanding weight cuts.

A weight cut has nothing to do with gaining/losing fat. That's something you can't regain between weigh-ins and fight time. The more muscle you have in your body, the higher %water you have, and so the more you can dehydrate.

The picture you attached is AS at 202 after dehydration, how much he weighs before cut and after cut, i.e. fight time, is how much water he regains, not how much fat he has on top of that.

To put it into perspective, even a LW like Gray Maynard is able to cut almost 30Lbs of water weight. So if you attached a weigh in picture of Gray and said no way that body can add 33Lbs of fat -- you'd, again, be completely missing the point. His seemingly tiny body can't, of course, just add 20+ Lbs of fat, but it can certainly do so with Water
11/26/12 9:07 PM
MattyECB

And to put it into perspective how huge of a difference fat and muscle make for water gain/loss.

An average white woman is about 20% less water than an average white male mainly because she has breasts (40-50 Vs. 60-70%)

Again, just more reasons why no one on this forum can really determine each fighter's weight, how much they cut and all that. Like Rampage being a fat fuck and becoming 240-250 in between fights has nothing to do with his true weight and weight cut. That's cus he's a fat fuck who likes to chill between his fights.

What Rampage likely does is lose weight until he's around 230, then he can weight cut down to 205, then back up to 230 in time for the fight. Important distinction to make when comparing fighters' weights because you need to draw the distinction between functional weight (that you cut for weigh ins, then return to at fight time),
and just fat-boy weight (that has no real impact on a fighter's weight in the ring)
11/26/12 9:28 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

MattyECB - 
LilBrockonmychest - 

This is another serious misconception fans have because of misunderstanding weight cuts.

A weight cut has nothing to do with gaining/losing fat. That's something you can't regain between weigh-ins and fight time. The more muscle you have in your body, the higher %water you have, and so the more you can dehydrate.

The picture you attached is AS at 202 after dehydration, how much he weighs before cut and after cut, i.e. fight time, is how much water he regains, not how much fat he has on top of that.

To put it into perspective, even a LW like Gray Maynard is able to cut almost 30Lbs of water weight. So if you attached a weigh in picture of Gray and said no way that body can add 33Lbs of fat -- you'd, again, be completely missing the point. His seemingly tiny body can't, of course, just add 20+ Lbs of fat, but it can certainly do so with Water

You both are getting at the same point.

Even when Anderson had time to prepare for a 205 fight, he came in VERY soft around the belly (Forrest). It makes absolutely ZERO sense for him to have left that fat on his body, and chose to dehydrate instead. This leads most people with good common sense, and understanding of how sucky it is to dehydrate, to believe that he fights right around 205 when he fights at LHW.

Why in the world would an athlete choose to dehydrate when he could easily have shed the fat instead earlier in his camp? (hint: he wouldn't)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.