UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP: makes 15 million a year; no AS fight...yet

11/26/12 9:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MattyECB - Guys, GSP has already said he'll fight anyone at 170 and has said if AS went down, he'd defend his title the same as he always has.

Problem is that AS usually says he can't make 170 anymore -- which makes sense, Pride was a long time ago -- so we're stuck here.

I'm actually happy GSP finally just came out and was blunt. He doesn't want to jump weights, and he has enough challengers and opportunities he wants to stay here. Also a good point that AS is ready to finish his career... GSP has to continue after this fight so he doesn't want to switch classes.

IIRC Anderson stated recently that he can still make 170. The again he and his camp make a lot of conflicting statements.
11/26/12 9:41 PM
Johnny Tightlips

youarewhatiswrong -
bigcitytaken - GSP is scared, if u think otherwise you're delusional..ill tell you someone who isnt scared of Anderson Nick Diaz!! he openly challenged Anderson.

Diaz is irrelevant, of course he'd challenge those better than him, it's his only way to get his name mentioned by anyone other than stoner trash.

209, bitches.
Lol shut your 209 hole before Condit puts another beating on Diaz. Phone Post
11/26/12 9:43 PM
themmaexpert

Next will find out Anderson is the runt of 185. Neither fighter wants to fight the bigger fighter, who gives a shit, let's move on. Why do you idiots need to justify every damn thing with ignorance.
11/26/12 10:12 PM
Lanshire

Everytime GSP mentions Silva he makes up another BS # about how much Silva weighs when he knows full well Silva doesn't weigh much more than he does come fight time. Georges is scared of Anderson so he's trying not to fight him. It's that simple.
11/27/12 12:00 AM
Chris27

Dam i guess I was wrong, I didnt think there was any way he would be making 8 figures but here is something Ben Fowlkes wrote.

For instance, just in the last 12 months St-Pierre has signed lucrative endorsement deals with companies such as Coca-Cola, Google and Bacardi. He's got a deal with HarperCollins to write a book that he describes as part autobiography and part philosophy ("kind of like 'The Art of War,'" St-Pierre said). He's also renewed his apparel deal with Under Armour and signed one with noted MMA equipment manufacturer Hayabusa, all despite not setting foot in the UFC octagon since April of 2011 thanks to a torn ACL in his right knee.

According to industry sources, St-Pierre currently has 14 endorsement deals with each paying him somewhere in the six-figure range. If you tally up the numbers from past and present deals, his income outside the cage is well into eight figures, sources say, with much of it coming in the past year alone.
11/27/12 12:28 AM
superCulo

Large Fun Bags - I hope Anderson comes out and says he will cut to 170. I think we'll either see gsp retire or say he is moving to 185 Phone Post
Lol this Phone Post
11/27/12 1:08 AM
orcus

Edited: 11/27/12 1:08 AM
themmaexpert - Next will find out Anderson is the runt of 185. Neither fighter wants to fight the bigger fighter, who gives a shit, let's move on. Why do you idiots need to justify every damn thing with ignorance.

Fighter Weight Source
Mike Swick 190 Mike's post here
Demian Maia 196-198 No specific fight; interview with Tatame: "I usually have to make much effort to keep 198lbs...When it’s close to the fight I cut weight and leave the last 11, 13lbs to lose at the very end."
Anderson Silva 198 UFC 148, Anderson's nutritionist Miguel Veira via reporter Marjorie Cristine on twitter
Luke Rockhold 200-201 interview with Kutting Weight Nov. 2010
Anderson Silva 200-203 Ed Soares' tweet to lockon, 2-3-2012
Rich Franklin 205 interview with Rich
Vitor Belfort 206 UFC 142; Dana White
Chael Sonnen 215-218 UFC 149 Anderson II; Mike Dolce via Dave Meltzer
Tom Lawlor 206 Tom's post here
Ronny Markes 218.5 UFC on Fuel Diego/Ellenberger; Ronny's own twitter the day of the fight

11/27/12 1:32 AM
stonepony

BrattMamley - 

Yeah this weight discrepancy is getting ridiculous. Has Andy and GSP never taken a picture together? I don't think I've ever seen one.

Someone needs to do a composite photo with Anderson and Georges standing next to the same individual. Rogan?

I'd do it but people are dicks and won't help a brother out and post it for me.
11/27/12 1:36 AM
yabadaba
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/27/12 1:42 AM
yabadaba
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony,

Of course someone will post it for you. If nobody else does I will.

11/27/12 1:58 AM
John Clarke
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IIRC, wasn't GSP talking about how size doesn't matter as much as technique and skill after the second BJ fight?

I have no dog in this fight and I maybe wrong but I thought I remembered reading that Phone Post
11/27/12 2:12 AM
orcus

stonepony - 
BrattMamley - 

Yeah this weight discrepancy is getting ridiculous. Has Andy and GSP never taken a picture together? I don't think I've ever seen one.

Someone needs to do a composite photo with Anderson and Georges standing next to the same individual. Rogan?

I'd do it but people are dicks and won't help a brother out and post it for me.

Joe himself says Anderson is closer to GSP's size than Jones fwiw: "Honestly I think GSP and Anderson are more physically the same size, it's closer....Georges can make 185 and be basically the same size."

11/27/12 2:23 AM
yabadaba

11/27/12 2:48 AM
orcus

yabadaba - 

Dominick Cruz and Jon Jones - UFC on Fox:  Live Heavyweight Championship

11/27/12 3:09 AM
yabadaba

For ssj:

11/27/12 3:11 AM
yabadaba

Another one:

11/27/12 3:51 AM
BLPorritt
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Money money money
11/27/12 8:28 AM
guardbr8kr

"First and foremost, I have things to do at 170. When I am ready and when I want the fight, that's when it will happen."

- GOAT
11/27/12 9:57 AM
ausgepicht

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
ausgepicht -

As usual the BJ fans come out of the woodwork to slag GSP. Anderson doesn't want to fight Jon Jones EVER. GSP doesn't want to fight Anderson YET. There WERE rumors that Andy walked around at 230#s. You guys are pretending those rumors , true or not, didn't exist. You have selective memory because you still wwake up in cold sweats in the middle of the night crying about GSP smashing BJ twice. GSP is a far better fighter than BJ, just deal with it an get into recovery.

Of course a totally misinformed and stupid post. As expected.... Phone Post

Cold sweats keeping you up at night? GSP won both fights and battered BJ in the second. A third would end even more brutally for BJ. Deal with it.

11/27/12 11:04 AM
youarewhatiswrong
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yabadaba - 

For ssj:

Why is Anderson slouching in all of those pictures? Almost like he's trying to make himself look closer to GSP than Jones.

Scurred?
11/27/12 11:37 AM
KingOfFighters

Silverball - Time is on GSP's side, in theory anyway. The longer he waits, the greater the odds that a 40 something Anderson Silva will reach the end of his athletic prime before the 30 something GSP does. I'm not implying that this is GSP's strategy, but it's worth considering the longer this ordeal drags out. Phone Post
Anderson has what? 2 fights left? Hes not buying time for a favorable matchup, hes waiting for andy to retire. Phone Post
11/27/12 11:38 AM
KingOfFighters

guardbr8kr - "First and foremost, I have things to do at 170. When I am ready and when I want the fight, that's when it will happen."

- GOAT
Cant, and will never be goat by ducking fighters Phone Post
11/27/12 11:44 AM
youarewhatiswrong
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 
guardbr8kr - "First and foremost, I have things to do at 170. When I am ready and when I want the fight, that's when it will happen."

- GOAT
Cant, and will never be goat by ducking fighters Phone Post

can't be GOAT losing the T-rex armed Franky Edgar twice, either.
11/27/12 12:54 PM
orcus

"Why is Anderson slouching in all of those pictures? Almost like he's trying to make himself look closer to GSP than Jones."

I'm more shocked by how Dominic Cruz appears to be the same size as Anderson in those pics! My god this monstrous weight-cutting!

But seriously folks, your comment, perhaps sarcastic, is sadly reflective of the widespread notion that taller = bigger.

11/27/12 1:09 PM
Biggy
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The undisputed champion who has NEVER ducked anyone in his OWN division deserves better than this.

Let him worry about Diaz and Hendricks - 2 very legit threats. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.