UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva coach: Key to beating Jones hasn't been seen

11/26/12 9:28 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Anderson Silva trains at Blackhouse in the USA, and at X-Gym in Brazil under Josuel Distak. In addition to the UFC Middleweight champion, Distak trains rising UFC welterweight Erick Silva, former Strikeforce champions Rafael Cavalcante and Ronaldo Souza, among other notables.

In an interview with Sherdog, Distak looked past the superfight with GSP that Silva is pusuing, and discussed a superfight that is even bigger in every way - Anderson Silva vs. UFC Lightheavyweight champion Jon Jones.

To Distak, the strategy to beat Jon Jones is unknown, because no one has put the former JUCO national champion on his back.

"Actually, we have not seen Jon Jones on his back,” said Distak. “Vitor [Belfort] got his arm; he had the opportunity. Actually Jones is unpredictable. To me the strategy to do a fight with him would involve finding out how he fights on his back."

The question then is of course a straight forward one - can Anderson Silva put Jon Jones on his back?

Read entire article...

11/26/12 9:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sunnyko
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why the fuck would silva want him on his back??? Derp! Phone Post
11/26/12 9:32 AM
UGCTT_Gaspare
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would say Anderson is a much better striker? Why would he want JBJ on his back? Phone Post
11/26/12 9:36 AM
MagSlim

Well, if Jones is on his back that's the one way you neutralize his reach advantage and clinch game.

Just a thought. Phone Post
11/26/12 9:38 AM
ABE FROMAN

It's a ruse. Pretend you're going for the takedown and skewer him on the feet.

11/26/12 9:42 AM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The question then is of course a straight forward one - can Anderson Silva put Jon Jones on his back?"

The answer is also straight forward...No
11/26/12 9:47 AM
crazychris
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon Jones now starts training from his back while Anderson continues to train strikes. Clever rat bastard.
11/26/12 9:52 AM
Bloody Pregnancy Fluids
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IF rashad and bader didnt take jones down, anderson cant.

I do think anderson would light him the fuck up on the feet though..
11/26/12 9:52 AM
rockemsockem
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He puts him on his back with a foot to the face! Phone Post
11/26/12 10:02 AM
le

crazychris - Jon Jones now starts training from his back while Anderson continues to train strikes. Clever rat bastard.
You really believe Jones would think Anderson can take him down?

Comedy. Phone Post
11/26/12 10:43 AM
Cherrycola
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either Anderson wins via spectacular KO, or he gets taken down and Hellbowed repeatedly... Phone Post
11/26/12 10:46 AM
daishanjamin

Didn't Jones pull guard on Rampage at one point.
11/26/12 10:55 AM
Russianorkhan

daishanjamin - Didn't Jones pull guard on Rampage at one point.
Yea in like the last 10 secs of the fight....more as a show off gimmick then anythin else Phone Post
11/26/12 11:33 AM
Gilbert956
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida had no problem fighting him...why won't Anderson fight him? Phone Post
11/26/12 11:38 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff406/TheSliceman/tumblr_mbwhvm6w3D1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

Blue please? :) Phone Post
11/26/12 11:46 AM
notsobigmike
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GodSaveTheReem - "The question then is of course a straight forward one - can Anderson Silva put Jon Jones on his back?"

Seriously. That's got to be the most useless fight observation ever.

Hey guys, I figured out how to beat GSP, too. Just stop all his takedowns, put him on his back, and beat him up.
11/26/12 12:03 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's begun the mental game already. This would absolutely not be his game plan. Phone Post
11/26/12 12:19 PM
Son of Neckbone
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The key to beating JBJ has been seen.

Vitor Belfort has never attempted a submission from the bottom that I recall, and he certainly extended and damaged the elbow.

ASilva may not be the best one to bring it, but an apex level BJJer would have finished the armbar on Jones. His striking and wrestling are top notch, but the biggest flaw in his game has got to be his jitz.
11/26/12 12:29 PM
Lite
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva knows that the key to Jon Jones is to not fight him. And he's right. Silva wants to go out on a big win, and that's why he's more interested in GSP.
11/26/12 1:15 PM
Jacinto
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Anderson would put him on his back.....with a punch or a kick!
11/26/12 1:17 PM
hubris
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy will put Jones on his back.

Jon Jones' secret is his wrestling and GnP threat with elbows.

11/26/12 2:11 PM
chaplinshouse
745 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if that's how his camp feels no wonder they don't wanna fight him

I think JBJ has shown multiple holes.  He's like the pretty good NFL team that doesn't always look flawless in execution, but they're creative, and alway win since they have a 6'7" receiver no one can outjump in the endzone

11/26/12 2:18 PM
The Swinging Richard
431 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson may not be able to get Jones to the mat but he won't need a takedown to win that fight.

It will be interesting to see if either Sonnen or Henderson can take Jones down:

11/26/12 2:22 PM
chaplinshouse
745 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cecil Peoples and bleacher report still have Urijah as Cali #1. ^

11/26/12 3:34 PM
UGSlapshot

GodSaveTheReem - "The question then is of course a straight forward one - can Anderson Silva put Jon Jones on his back?"

Yeah I'm not seeing it and TBH I don't see Anderson using that gameplan.

Both guys have solid skills even in their lesser abilities so I'm not going to say this is a classic grappler vs striker but that's more or less the skinny.

I would take Jones simply because I think he can do enough striking to set up a TD.

Its not like having GSP or Sonnen lay on you for five rounds, Jones will end the fight from inside the guard.

I want to see this fight not GSP vs Silva that's for sure.

P4P rankings are a joke to me, just total dribble. But Silva vs Jones are my no. 1 and 2 mano a mano fighters. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.