UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva coach: Key to beating Jones hasn't been seen

11/26/12 11:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JJ very well could end up on his back against Anderson, he might pull guard unexpectedly. He has already demonstrated that he will do that.
11/26/12 11:50 PM
UGCTT_Shope
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Silva is such a great fighter, that I wouldn't doubt him being able to get someone on their back. Now I'm not saying he would, but the guy is the greatest fighter in the world. Phone Post
11/26/12 11:53 PM
alkysmurf
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendo isn't taking anyone down anymore. Sonnen is a threat because like the first Anderson fight he has nothing to loose and will be very active with his take downs. And if he can possibly catch Jones on the way in the way he did Anderson.... I could see how under the proper astrological alignment it may be possible.

Oh and rashad didn't even try to wrestle, I don't recall the based fight... Phone Post
11/26/12 11:54 PM
alkysmurf
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Based=bader Phone Post
11/27/12 3:33 AM
GodSaveTheReem
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alkysmurf -  Hendo isn't taking anyone down anymore. Sonnen is a threat because like the first Anderson fight he has nothing to loose and will be very active with his take downs. And if he can possibly catch Jones on the way in the way he did Anderson.... I could see how under the proper astrological alignment it may be possible.

Oh and rashad didn't even try to wrestle, I don't recall the based fight... Phone Post

Bader tried like hell to get it to the ground and Jones made it look like Bader had never wrestled a day in his life. It was so good...it was ugly
11/27/12 3:45 AM
jitsnbeer

Anderson is going to ko jones. Jones has no hands.
11/27/12 4:03 AM
5 Round Main Event

Put him on his back?

Anderson would put him on his ass.
11/27/12 4:14 AM
yellow wrkahlc
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're absolutely right, Anderson. So, why don't you show us?

Watch how these heeya niggas sync up perfectly when they look around then pose:

11/27/12 4:23 AM
DanTheWolfman

Has no one ever heard of Cut Kicks, sweeps, or kick catches? There are numerous ways to put someone on their back other than wrestling takedowns.......
11/27/12 4:31 AM
yellow wrkahlc
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - Has no one ever heard of Cut Kicks, sweeps, or kick catches? There are numerous ways to put someone on their back other than wrestling takedowns.......

11/27/12 5:02 AM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cormier or Cain are the only two guys who have a chance of taking him down. Hendo hardly wrestles anymore and sonnen doesn't have the striking to set it up. But really, after the belfort fight I'm sure jones has hammering his jitz game. And given his history of rapid improvements I think it's gonna be hard to sub him from here out Phone Post
11/27/12 7:27 AM
KingD87
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN -

It's a ruse. Pretend you're going for the takedown and skewer him on the feet.

Highly doubt Jones would be worried about Anderson's takedowns. Phone Post
11/27/12 8:20 AM
stonepony

KingD87 - 
ABE FROMAN -

It's a ruse. Pretend you're going for the takedown and skewer him on the feet.

Highly doubt Jones would be worried about Anderson's takedowns. Phone Post

Yeah, it's nonsense... If Anderson had ANY intention of pursuing that kind of a strategy, he wouldn't be announcing it. It would be a double-leg out of nowhere that shocks everybody, including JJ. It's the only way he takes JJ down. It has to be a complete surprise.
11/27/12 9:56 AM
UGSlapshot

DanTheWolfman - Has no one ever heard of Cut Kicks, sweeps, or kick catches? There are numerous ways to put someone on their back other than wrestling takedowns.......
Yeah that's true but we are not talking about MMA in general, we are talking about two specific fighters and Silva might put Jones on his back but IMO the only way he does is by a knockdown or knockout. Phone Post
11/27/12 11:04 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 11/27/12 11:18 AM

The "Key to beating Jones":

Starts with having the balls to call him out and not the smaller guy (WW) coming of an major injury and not having fought a round at the time.

It involves FIRSTLY wanting to fight the best and not the "smaller (guy) and easier (fight)".

Of course you'd have to maybe give up that GREAT friendship though (LMFAO).
11/27/12 3:05 PM
notsobigmike
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - Has no one ever heard of Cut Kicks, sweeps, or kick catches? There are numerous ways to put someone on their back other than wrestling takedowns.......

Yeah, but could Anderson keep him there?

Even if Anderson dropped him with a punch, unless he was already on the way out, I see Jones getting up off the mat or reversing with relative ease.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.