UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Help me find a blog?

11/26/12 9:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ogami Itto
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe I didn't bookmark it but it was by a pastor on (unofficial?) sabbatical (Presbyterian I think?) that said he had never felt closer to God than since being away from the church, and went on to discuss the ways churches turn people off to God or get in the way of their spiritual development.

Too vague? Halp?
11/27/12 10:48 AM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was that nutcase that left the Presbyterian church earlier this year. Can't remember his name, but he said a lot of wacky things. I'll try and dig it up and post, but no promises.
11/27/12 10:50 AM
Ogami Itto
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks! He didn't seem like a nutcase to me - maybe he wasn;t Presbyterian. And I laid it aside for later reading and lost it. Poop! His post said something like taking a break from all the pettiness of church helped him grow and that was very troubling to him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.