UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC and Draws

11/26/12 10:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JeffersonDArcyChoke
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The thread about Hardy wanting Sanchez got me thinking about draws as one member hinted Hardy was a draw in the UK and another stated he wasn't.

The answer is Hardy isn't a draw at all.

Ricky Hatton who sold out an arena without an opponent OR an undercard after a 3 year absence?

THAT is a draw.

UFC fans don't really understand "draw".

Fact is, most UFC fighters are not draws.

The UFC is the draw and Dana White sells out the event by announcing one will take place.

GSP couldn't sell out in Canada for his return after 19 months versus Condit yet he is the sport's biggest draw?

Again.

Ricky Hatton. Sold out an arena in 15 minutes with zero opponent, zero undercard and after a 3 year absence in which he was known for being a fat cocaine addict.

THAT is a "draw".

Dana White and the UFC have altered the meaning of this to suit their needs and fans now speak of guys like Hardy as a draw or Cain as if he draws.

A draw is one guy who sells out the place or sells PPV buys like Mike Tyson in his prime or Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock were for WWE.

The UFC has no such draws and Sonnen on TUF or Rousey in the UFC are neither one draws or the creation of either.

You can't create one.

Brock Lesnar happened.

Dana has been beating his head trying to replace him but you just can't create the next one.

You wait until they happen. Phone Post
11/26/12 10:32 AM
BigMike77
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good point.

well thought out idea
11/26/12 10:35 AM
SickEyeDiaz
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a negative Nancy! Phone Post
11/26/12 10:49 AM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see your point, OP.

They are very few fighters in the UFC, that if you were to kick them out from the UFC and put them in.. Dream, would cause a big bump for Dream.

I guess that's the test of whether one is a big draw.
11/26/12 11:48 AM
notsobigmike
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think "draw" is a binary value. Guys have varying degrees of "draw."

That's why foreign cards are so stacked with fighters from that country. None of them are necessarily big draws individually, but being on the card certainly adds to the overall "draw."
11/26/12 12:36 PM
canofsticks
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

notsobigmike - I don't think "draw" is a binary value. Guys have varying degrees of "draw."

That's why foreign cards are so stacked with fighters from that country. None of them are necessarily big draws individually, but being on the card certainly adds to the overall "draw."

This guy gets it. A 'draw' is a relative term. Also lets keep in mind MMA as we know it has been around for a couple of decades while boxing has been around since before Jesus did that David Blaine type shit in the tomb.

The 'Draw' is relative to the sport. So let's not get carried away that MMA draws less than boxing, silly head.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.