UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Strategy Games

11/26/12 10:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Khabeer Rockley
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone recommend any newish strategy games, something 2012? I'm not a big gamer, n jus lookin for something to pass time whilst at home when bored.

I used to love the age of empires games back in the day; something with similar controls would be awesome Phone Post
11/26/12 11:55 AM
drider

Civilization V is on sale for like 7 bucks on Steam today. Came out in 2010 but it's great if you haven't played it yet.

The new XCOM is also great, if you like old school, turn-based combat.
11/27/12 2:01 AM
killacox

http://www.wesnoth.org/

battle for wesnoth

been mentioned on here a few times. very good turn based strat and free
11/30/12 7:24 AM
Khabeer Rockley

Ttt Phone Post
11/30/12 9:51 AM
Darth_Vladar
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I suppose you could give the Total War series a go.

They are incredible games, although I am not a fan of the 'Fall of the Samurai' version of Shogun 2.

I liked the whole massive battle line and tactical element of that, rather than a gunpowder killfest. It just wasn't the same for me.
11/30/12 1:52 PM
le Hippie
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crusader kings 2. Very in depth medieval strat game. You take charge of a family and need to work at making your family more powerful through marriages, bribes, assassinations and the likes. Unbelievably indepth game. Quite daunting at 1st but after a few playthroughs (and having your family snuffed out at your grandkids) a very worthwhile game Phone Post
11/30/12 3:29 PM
gord96
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darth_Vladar - I suppose you could give the Total War series a go.

They are incredible games, although I am not a fan of the 'Fall of the Samurai' version of Shogun 2.

I liked the whole massive battle line and tactical element of that, rather than a gunpowder killfest. It just wasn't the same for me.

Yeah Shogun 2 is a great game. Worth checking out. Mix of real time strategy battles and turn based campaigns. It's also the only Total War game that doesn't need a mod.

Crusader Kings 2 is fantastic as well.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.