UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Phil Baroni vs. Mach Sakurai on NYE

11/27/12 10:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crooklyn
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Butter, 'cuz I'm on a roll!

Holy Shit! Epic fight. Can't wait to see you fight again, Phil.This will make surviving the apocalypse dull by comparison :)

WAR NYBA!

11/27/12 10:26 AM
Loser Born Natural
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/27/12 10:27 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2470 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ray Elbe - Nyba victory party in Boracay Philippines after?! Phone Post
I'll make the Lechon Phone Post
11/27/12 10:30 AM
Crooklyn
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Butter, 'cuz I'm on a roll!
Loser Born Natural - 

This was my background image on Myspace for 2 years.

11/27/12 11:13 PM
powerwarrior
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crooklyn - 

Holy Shit! Epic fight. Can't wait to see you fight again, Phil.This will make surviving the apocalypse dull by comparison :)

WAR NYBA!

We gotta survive the apocalypse to see this!! =D WAR NYBA!!! BIG Fight to ring in 2013! Nice ;-)
11/28/12 12:02 AM
powerwarrior

AndrewJitsu -  Phil baroni is always the guy that when my friends are new to MMA wanna see an exciting fighter. He is the one I show them. Phone Post

This is a HUGE fight for Phil!!! Best opponent he has faced in awhile...wow...a win against Sakurai would absolutely resurrect his career! On NYE in Japan? Wow!!! HUGE fight!!
11/28/12 12:07 AM
HenryO

That kickboxing tourney is a nice surprise, but damn Japanese MMA is pretty much dead
11/28/12 12:14 AM
powerwarrior

HenryO - That kickboxing tourney is a nice surprise, but damn Japanese MMA is pretty much dead

Japan loves MMA...that country went through hell...takes time to get get back on their feet. Amazing what a catagory 1 hurricane did to us here in NY...I couldnt imagine an earthquake, a sunami, and a nuclear meltdown all at once! Baroni has a following in Japan from his Pride days. A win there on NYE over Sakurai would be an amazing jolt for his career. Tough opponent but interesting fight after seeing Phil in his last fight. He looked awesome! I'm really looking forward to this fight.
11/28/12 12:16 AM
HenryO

Blaming the downfall of Japanese MMA on the Tsunami? That's definitely a new one and definitely an illogical strech
11/28/12 12:45 AM
powerwarrior

Edited: 11/28/12 12:55 AM
NO no...you're taking what I'm saying incorrectly. Let me clarify. Pride was the best MMA organization...ever. The Japanese culture is deeply rooted in fighting. WAY more than American culture. They respect the battle, warriors who go to war and fight with passion. MMA will thrive again in Japan. The UFC stole alot of thunder when they bought Pride. And if you think all that has happened in Japan over the last couple years hasnt effected every aspect of their society you would be mistaken. I'm in no way "blaming" natural disasters for the decline in MMA popularity in Japan...just stating facts. MMA will go through a big revival in Japan. Its a warrior culture. The people respect the fighters, they respect the battle. But for the moment the BIG $ is here in the UFC. The fighters will follow the $...its as simple as that. But that country loves MMA
11/28/12 1:01 AM
powerwarrior

In any event this is a GREAT fight! Cant wait to see it
11/28/12 9:04 AM
JIMMYNAKS
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BEST EVA!!
11/28/12 9:07 AM
stuvelo
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2002 called and wants its fight back.......

just kidding (sort of), both are super exciting fighters

Sakurai was one of my favorite fighters of all time, he lost steam when he got thrown up against American wrestlers that cut weight
11/28/12 10:13 AM
Logan1000
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
11/28/12 10:25 AM
UGCTT_ATLien
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NYBA!!! One of my all-time favorites!
11/28/12 10:46 AM
Tilla

HOLY SHIT!

This will be a war!
11/28/12 11:09 AM
SkooterFanForLife
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will he wear hater blockers and a sparkly bedazzled cape? We can only hope so.
11/28/12 11:22 AM
jTheHybridwolff
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great throwback fight ! Phone Post
11/28/12 7:45 PM
HenryO

powerwarrior - NO no...you're taking what I'm saying incorrectly. Let me clarify. Pride was the best MMA organization...ever. The Japanese culture is deeply rooted in fighting. WAY more than American culture. They respect the battle, warriors who go to war and fight with passion. MMA will thrive again in Japan. The UFC stole alot of thunder when they bought Pride. And if you think all that has happened in Japan over the last couple years hasnt effected every aspect of their society you would be mistaken. I'm in no way "blaming" natural disasters for the decline in MMA popularity in Japan...just stating facts. MMA will go through a big revival in Japan. Its a warrior culture. The people respect the fighters, they respect the battle. But for the moment the BIG $ is here in the UFC. The fighters will follow the $...its as simple as that. But that country loves MMA

Hopefully we do see a top level org spring up in Japan once again, but for now Japanese MMA is pretty barren
12/27/12 7:35 PM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

right around the corner, War Phil!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.