UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Bellator introduces championship fight rematches

11/26/12 1:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_SMASHED BY A BIG RIG!
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/26/12 1:06 PM

"When a fighter’s earned a shot at the world title by winning The Toughest Tournament in Sports and competes in a title fight that knocks fans like us back in our seats (win or lose) delivering an incredible fight, when a rematch is called for, we will deliver it,"Rebney wrote on an open letter to fans posted on the company website. "Championship fights give us some of the greatest moments in MMA. And, re-matches of incredible championship fights will give fans like us more of those electrifying moments, while staying true to the world’s best fighters having had to earn their way to those title shots."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/11/26/3693348/bellator-introduces-championship-fight-rematches

This is great news!

11/26/12 1:08 PM
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alvarez/Chandler 2 Would have been Epic!

Looks like Spike is trying to make things interesting.
11/26/12 1:26 PM
UGCTT_SMASHED BY A BIG RIG!
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's just go ahead and call this the 'Eddie Alvarez rule':

11/26/12 1:32 PM
Tomato Can
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It strikes me as silly that they have this ultra restrictive policy regarding matchmaking and now they're making exceptions to it while still pretending like it's some ultra important/sacred thing.

Why not just say "we're going to make exceptions to the championship policy when appropriate" and be done with it? I mean really, does King Mo really need to win 3 fights against lower level guys to prove he's worthy of a shot at M'Pumbu or Attila Vegh? It's ridiculous.
11/26/12 1:49 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - It strikes me as silly that they have this ultra restrictive policy regarding matchmaking and now they're making exceptions to it while still pretending like it's some ultra important/sacred thing.

Why not just say "we're going to make exceptions to the championship policy when appropriate" and be done with it? I mean really, does King Mo really need to win 3 fights against lower level guys to prove he's worthy of a shot at M'Pumbu or Attila Vegh? It's ridiculous.

Exactly. Or say Rampage. Say Page loses to Glover, leaves the UFC goes to Bellator and wins a fight, Page vs Mo for the LHW title on Spike is the biggest fight they can make. Why risk Page losing in a tournament before you get that big money fight out of him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.