UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ryan Hall To Fight MMA In Montreal This Weekend

11/26/12 6:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MM-eh
750 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/26/12 6:58 PM

Ryan Hall is no stranger to competition.   A Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt under 2-time world champion Felipe Costa and representative of the Marcelo Garcia Team, the 27-year-old Virginia native is an IBJJF Mundial (world), No-Gi Mundial and European champion, and medalist at the CBJJ Brazilian National (Brasiliero) championships.  He is also the owner of  Fifty/50 Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Arlington, Virginia.

But this weekend he won’t be competing on a BJJ mat, instead, he’ll be stepping into a mixed martial arts cage.

SLAMM 1 will be taking place in Montreal, Quebec this Friday night, and will feature several fighters from that city’s famedTristar Gym, where Hall has spent some time over the past year training in mixed martial arts.

Rest of article.

http://mm-eh.ca/2012/11/26/bjj-champion-ryan-hall-to-compete-in-mma-in-montreal-this-friday/

11/26/12 7:13 PM
Kirik
1665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

ttt

11/26/12 7:15 PM
Kneeblock
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, cool to hear. Don't pull upside down guard Ryan!!!

11/26/12 7:26 PM
MMARAIDER
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where in Montreal is this? Phone Post
11/26/12 7:40 PM
Scoobie Doo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On same card:

135 – Aiemann Zahabi vs. Kyle Vivian who is 0-5.

People have been saying Firas's brother is a killer and this is who they match him up against? Really?

And Hall's opponent is Phillip Deschambeault who is 2-5 in his last 7 fights. Wow!

Well I guess it is Tristars event so they can set it up how they like.
11/26/12 8:18 PM
Jsteven
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What weight class? Phone Post
11/26/12 8:19 PM
MM-eh
750 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/26/12 8:20 PM
MM-eh

MMARAIDER -  Where in Montreal is this? Phone Post

Centre d’excellence Sports Rousseau

11/26/12 9:06 PM
French Fries Malone
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scoobie Doo - On same card:

People have been saying Firas's brother is a killer and this is who they match him up against? Really?

And Hall's opponent is Phillip Deschambeault who is 2-5 in his last 7 fights. Wow!

They are protecting / padding firas brothers record and carefully grooming him.

Hall needs to price himself in mma which shouldn't be a problem Phone Post
11/26/12 11:22 PM
LBoutin
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The kid Hall is fighting doesn't even train. He's from a tiny northern town in Saskatchewan where there are absolutely no gyms. There are a couple of guys from that town that call themselves team Savage Kombat. What a joke putting him in with a grappler like Hall. Phone Post
11/26/12 11:32 PM
KC007

Can we watch online ? Phone Post
11/26/12 11:41 PM
GSP'eedInMyMouth

I would happily fight Hall in MMA just to say I did. I bet he doesn't let go when the kid taps though, he seems to crank things.
11/27/12 2:42 AM
jazzfan

Please post the results on here
11/27/12 4:57 AM
mata_leao
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome! I hope he moves forward with MMA and makes a serious run.

Very intelligent which translates into his grappling/fighting. Would like to see how far he can take his MMA career. Phone Post
11/27/12 5:16 AM
AokiPants
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hall by heel hook Phone Post
11/27/12 5:49 AM
Synado
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LBoutin -  The kid Hall is fighting doesn't even train. He's from a tiny northern town in Saskatchewan where there are absolutely no gyms. There are a couple of guys from that town that call themselves team Savage Kombat. What a joke putting him in with a grappler like Hall. Phone Post

He doesn't train... But he is part of a gym.... And he has nine fights... two of which he won by submission. Based on where you are from, I guess I should expect your outrageous and biased response.
11/27/12 5:51 AM
Synado
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ObamaCare - 

remember that time he almost killed a drunk defensless, mentally handicapped guy while the table of his friends laughed, recorded it with their phones and cheered.

No I don't remember that. I remember him subduing a belligerent drunk.
11/27/12 5:52 AM
Synado

French Fries Malone - 

Phillip is 4-5 overall, you must have gone to Foxnews school of facts.
11/27/12 9:32 AM
MM-eh

Thanks to the UG news for posting!

11/27/12 9:36 AM
Don_Dada
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
11/27/12 9:41 AM
jonflesh
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool. Good to see Ryan hall competing. His school is like 2 miles from where I live. Phone Post
11/27/12 9:46 AM
onyx2002
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hall by nice slick back take and rnc. After a good hard slap
11/27/12 9:56 AM
defendbrooklyn

Synado -
French Fries Malone - 

What people arn't realizing is the amount of fighters that drop out or refuseto fight know guys. Hearing the rumours that Firas's cousin is a killer isnt making any positive record pros fight in a local mma event. My guess is the 4-5 dude is near the bottom of the list of who they called but stepped up cuz hey why not ruin his day in the sun. what do you have to lose? Phone Post
11/27/12 11:44 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Ryan taught at Lloyd Irvins/Jeff Ruths school in Arlington for a long time.  Best of luck on his debut. 

11/27/12 12:25 PM
Scoobie Doo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Synado - 
French Fries Malone - 

"And Hall's opponent is Phillip Deschambeault who is 2-5...... IN HIS LAST 7 FIGHTS."

You need to learn to read the whole sentence.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.