UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ryan Hall To Fight MMA In Montreal This Weekend

11/27/12 12:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AnakinHelwani
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wake me up when he fights real competition. Same old story for every grappling master. They destroy lower-level guys, but that can easily change when they go up against real competition.

11/27/12 12:38 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1774 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No shame imo in getting a tune-up first fight, Hall is green in MMA regardless how great his grappling is.  Marcelo didn't like getting hit, you never know.  Excited to see how he does :D

11/27/12 1:19 PM
Kneeblock
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perhaps in the future we'll see Firas' bro vs. Hall in a true battle of prospects.

11/27/12 4:23 PM
Synado
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Synado -
French Fries Malone -
Scoobie Doo - On same card:

135 – Aiemann Zahabi vs. Kyle Vivian who is 0-5.

People have been saying Firas's brother is a killer and this is who they match him up against? Really?

And Hall's opponent is Phillip Deschambeault who is 2-5 in his last 7 fights. Wow!

Well I guess it is Tristars event so they can set it up how they like.
They are protecting / padding firas brothers record and carefully grooming him.

Hall needs to price himself in mma which shouldn't be a problem

Phillip is 4-5 overall, you must have gone to Foxnews school of facts.

"And Hall's opponent is Phillip Deschambeault who is 2-5...... IN HIS LAST 7 FIGHTS."

You need to learn to read the whole sentence."

It doesn't change my point, you scoped your facts for effect.
11/27/12 5:22 PM
AokiPants
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fat referee -

I believe this is only Hall's 2nd fight. Who did you expect him to fight, Tyson Griffin? His stand up probably needs a lot of work.

I can't defend Firas's brother, looks like the Spong matchup.

This. Hall doesn't even have a win yet. Phone Post
11/27/12 8:21 PM
LBoutin
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Synado -
LBoutin -  The kid Hall is fighting doesn't even train. He's from a tiny northern town in Saskatchewan where there are absolutely no gyms. There are a couple of guys from that town that call themselves team Savage Kombat. What a joke putting him in with a grappler like Hall. Phone Post

He doesn't train... But he is part of a gym.... And he has nine fights... two of which he won by submission. Based on where you are from, I guess I should expect your outrageous and biased response.
My response is from seeing him and his "teammates" fight on several cards. We are from the same province where the MMA community is very small.

His wins are against other "fighters" that don't train. There are several shows in Sask that will put whoever in the ring/cage regardless of training background, experience etc.

The fact is, Phil is being brought in to be a very easy win for Ryan Hall and that's a mismatch that shouldn't happen. Phone Post
11/27/12 8:23 PM
LBoutin
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Granted its only Hall's second fight, but given his background it's still ridiculous. Phone Post
11/27/12 9:28 PM
AokiPants
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LBoutin - Granted its only Hall's second fight, but given his background it's still ridiculous. Phone Post
Hall has yet to prove himself, and even if this is just a tune-up fight for him, who cares? He needs the experience in the cage.

The bigger concern here is Firas's brother, he's been winning and is still getting matche up with people who have losing records.

Besides, even though Hall is a decorated grappler, his style of BJJ is probably one of the least transferable ones into MMA. If this was Rustam Chsiev's second fight that we were talking about, then you'd be right in calling this situation ridiculous. But we're talking about inverse-spider-guard-puller Ryan Hall. Let him work on his wrestling and stand up. Phone Post
11/28/12 1:19 AM
Synado
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AokiPants - 
LBoutin - Granted its only Hall's second fight, but given his background it's still ridiculous. Phone Post
Hall has yet to prove himself, and even if this is just a tune-up fight for him, who cares? He needs the experience in the cage.

The bigger concern here is Firas's brother, he's been winning and is still getting matche up with people who have losing records.

Besides, even though Hall is a decorated grappler, his style of BJJ is probably one of the least transferable ones into MMA. If this was Rustam Chsiev's second fight that we were talking about, then you'd be right in calling this situation ridiculous. But we're talking about inverse-spider-guard-puller Ryan Hall. Let him work on his wrestling and stand up. Phone Post

^^^ Well stated.
11/28/12 1:23 AM
Brian McLaughlin
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan has a great top game, his movement and transitions are insane. He will transition to MMA very well

11/28/12 1:50 AM
Ingo Weigold
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMANUTS.COM, By Fans, For Fans!
Good luck! Phone Post
11/28/12 4:28 AM
AokiPants

Brian McLaughlin - 

Ryan has a great top game, his movement and transitions are insane. He will transition to MMA very well

I think he will too, given some time. I just hope he doesn't have the same trouble Marcelo did with his back attacks due to the size of the gloves.

His leglocks though should prove to be nightmares for opponents that find themselves tangled up with him.

And most importantly of all, he's an extremely intelligent individual and I think that will assist him when it comes to choosing the right camps, training methods, game plans, etc.

11/29/12 6:00 PM
MM-eh
692 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weigh-In Results

Alex Garcia (170.5) vs. Stéphan Lamarche (169.1)

Olivier Aubin-Mercier (156.0) vs. Jordan Jewell (154.8)

Aiemann Zahabi (134.9) vs. Kyle Vivian (135.4)

Dominic Trépanier (170.8) vs. Jordan Turcotte (169.7)

Mic Dufort (145.2) vs. Mario Pereira (145.9)

Phillip Deschambeault (141.1) vs. Ryan Hall (144.7)

Robin Black (135.2) vs. Derek Charbonneau (134.5)

Mandel Nallo (155.1) vs. Joseph Latour (155.8)

11/30/12 6:48 PM
MM-eh
692 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Hall (left) today with Aiemann Zahabi.

Results will be posted here after each round tonight.

http://mm-eh.ca/2012/11/30/slamm-1-quick-results/

11/30/12 6:53 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this card streaming anywhere ? Phone Post
11/30/12 6:54 PM
MM-eh

Nope.

11/30/12 7:00 PM
MMARAIDER
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not being televised or streamed anywhere?

Bah..... I should of went Phone Post
11/30/12 7:07 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MM-eh -

Nope.

Damn :( Phone Post
11/30/12 8:17 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

results ttt

11/30/12 8:22 PM
jazzfan

ttt
11/30/12 8:27 PM
TheBulgarianAssassin
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MM-eh - 

Weigh-In Results

Alex Garcia (170.5) vs. Stéphan Lamarche (169.1)

Olivier Aubin-Mercier (156.0) vs. Jordan Jewell (154.8)

Aiemann Zahabi (134.9) vs. Kyle Vivian (135.4)

Dominic Trépanier (170.8) vs. Jordan Turcotte (169.7)

Mic Dufort (145.2) vs. Mario Pereira (145.9)

Phillip Deschambeault (141.1) vs. Ryan Hall (144.7)

Robin Black (135.2) vs. Derek Charbonneau (134.5)

Mandel Nallo (155.1) vs. Joseph Latour (155.8)

LOL at Hall's opponent weighing in at 141.1 lbs for a featherweight fight.
11/30/12 8:36 PM
youarewhatiswrong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MM-eh - 

Ryan Hall (left) today with Aiemann Zahabi.

Results will be posted here after each round tonight.

http://mm-eh.ca/2012/11/30/slamm-1-quick-results/

I've never seen Ariel Helwani neglect his grooming in such a way. Looks like he's been working out, though.
11/30/12 8:40 PM
Caught_clean
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there any possible way to watch this? I know its cutting it close.
11/30/12 8:46 PM
Larry Appleton

hall by leg-lock Phone Post
11/30/12 8:58 PM
MM-eh

Hall wins via TKO quickly in the first...still waiting for my guys to tell me more.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.