UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gracie: Diaz up for Silva fight if GSP isn't

11/27/12 11:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
wrx08sti
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell get the fight and then leave silva in the cage waiting for 45 minutes. Its a business, you dont get fights by bitching, you get fights by winning. Phone Post
11/27/12 12:05 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Personally....I dont think Nick could beat Nate......bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Silva rapes Nick in the cage! Phone Post
11/27/12 12:11 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Shouldn't Caesar have said 'we'll take any big money fight.....for the pay check' ?  Wouldn't that be more honest ??

11/27/12 1:52 PM
lookoutawhale
1011 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if both Nick and Anderson want the fight then why not. Dana should put it together. Anderson doesnt want to fight Weidman or Jones and wants to fight guys from a smaller division like Nick and GSP so might as well put it together.

11/27/12 2:22 PM
TartanTopTeamSextoy#2

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

Shouldn't Caesar have said 'we'll take any big money fight.....for the pay check' ?  Wouldn't that be more honest ??

Well that's actually what he said later on in the interview that nick just wants a big fight no more people trying to make there name of a Diaz brother Phone Post
11/27/12 2:25 PM
Leck Brosnar

Haha, Nick should've just accepted Mayhem @ 185 so he would've actually had a chance to win
11/27/12 2:39 PM
Gullivers Travels
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at coming off a loss and positive drug test/suspension and being picky.
11/27/12 2:43 PM
Ocean6

cool papa - Diaz's slowly plodding forward boxing would be his undoing in that fight. Easy win for Silva. Id still watch it.

agreed
11/27/12 2:52 PM
Ryan Warren

Haha i bet he'd move up to 185 to actually fight Anderson. When is his suspension up?
11/27/12 4:22 PM
KingOfFighters

1000 years ago nick would be darting at the enemy with an axe, gsp would be a scared conquered slave Phone Post
11/27/12 7:35 PM
nni
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love Nick Diaz but he has no business being in the cage with Anderson.
11/27/12 8:04 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Desperate for attention.
11/27/12 8:11 PM
Jaybrone
438 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nix1331 -
Damaynevent - 
BigEyedFish - 
Arecsa - Diaz is a part of a dying breed of fighters, too many athletes running around pretending to be fighters today. Let him have it, George is obviously too scared to fight Anderson.

lol @ scared. The guy just came off a horrible injury that usually takes well over 1 year to come back from 100% and beat an animal in Condit.

He obviously has ring rust and because he doesnt want to fight a much bigger fighter, who happens to be the GOAT, with really nothing to gain from a win and evverything to risk/lose, he is scared? lol gtfo with that shit.

Condit is no animal. Natural Born Killer is now and will forever be known as a the Natural Born Sprinter. He got lucky throwing that fancy shit against GSP and rocked him, but his punk ass was just trying to survive in that fight. It would've have went down as the worst performance of his career had it not been for that running shit he pulled against Diaz. I'd be surprised if Condit beats another top 10 WW.

As for Diaz fighting Anderson. I'd watch just to see if Diaz could somehow pull it off. I think his style is perfect for Anderson and fear he might get finished in horrible fashion, but Diaz is as game as they come and AS would have to all but kill him to end the fight. Not a superfight at all, but definitely a very intriguing fight for us Diaz. AS fans may not want the fight or thinks Diaz deserves the fight, but they would tune in anyway.

So why does it kinda make sense for Diaz to fight AS when he's back from suspension?

-Because GSP has no interest in the fight anytime soon.

-Jon Jones is busy with TUF and will be fighting Sonnen in April.

-Diaz has a very strong following and would boost PPV numbers, which is all Silva cares about anyway.

-Weidman is on the shelf with an injury and the other top MW contenders have fights booked.

lol u sir are an idiot condit has one less fight than diaz has more wins, more submission wins and just as many knockout wins....diaz has more decision wins.....so really cany say condit's not an animal without saying it about ur lover nick
Damaynevent dont be ridiculous. you Carlos a punk ass. First that's fighter bashing. Second Carlos would surely be able to kick his ass.

Also you said Diaz would boost ppv numbers funny since his last two UFC fighters have proven he doesn't really boost the buy rate by any discernible measure. In fact the last two times he headlined he did subpar numbers even against a fan favorite BJ Penn who has always drawn well. Phone Post
11/27/12 8:13 PM
SickEyeDiaz
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters -  1000 years ago nick would be darting at the enemy with an axe, gsp would be a scared conquered slave Phone Post

10/10
11/27/12 8:15 PM
SickEyeDiaz
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishman84 - 
nick diaz nut hugger - 
Nucky -
Enemies - Geeze, Diaz can't hold a candle to GSP, nevermind Anderson.

Cesar's delusional if he really thinks Nick stands a chance against P4P#1.

And now time for me to get voted down by the Diaz fanboys. :P

GSP Face looked like he got into a car accident with a brick wall after the condit fight whereas Condit ran from nick.  Don't sleep on Nick Diaz if Takase and Chonan subbed him out i don't see why nick doesn't have a shot.

That's crazy talk mostly, but not entirely. I'm not going to get into the whole nick vs anderson argument, but yeah, anderson Silva was submitted twice. He tapped twice. May have been. A long time ago and a lot of things have changed and I know Nick was legit put on his ass and on queer street in the first jeremy Jackson fight, but he never tapped. Tibau was maybe the closest. God damn it I'm in the discussion.

Ok, Nick's jiu jitsu is a lot better than Anderson's. Anderson will not intimidate Nick striking and even though I think Silva has better footwork, Nick has better hands. Disagree with me all you want, and I've gotten into many arguments with friends about this, but yes, Nick Diaz would beat Silva. Standing up, on the mat.

Nick doesn't deserve a shot at Silva now, I just think he would beat him. That's all Phone Post

Diaz doesnt deserve this fight Hugger? All the work he's put into this sport? Diaz years are like fucking dog years. He says fuck my body and fuck winning judges approval I'm beating the fuck out of this dude if i have to take his best shots doing it! He was promised a shot at GSP to come over and yeah, it was his own fault he lost it, but George should have spoken up and insisted on fighting who he himself said was the legitimate #1 contender. While GSP is exploiting flaws in the unified rules to win fights with the least amount of fighting, Nick Diaz is walking guys down to throw combinations from the pocket. Oh my eyes are so busted up and scarred they are getting in the way of me fucking more people up? Shave some of my skull off my fucking face and let me bang! You wont't let Nick bang Hugger?

Probably the best post I've ever read on here!!!
11/27/12 8:17 PM
bigJ6464
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick goes down in an even more violent way than Rich did. Phone Post
11/27/12 8:19 PM
Mdson
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would first like to see how Nick can handle a welterweight who can wrestle (Fitch, for example). It's hard to market a title fight where the guy is coming off a loss and doesn't have that big UFC exposure yet.
11/27/12 8:35 PM
Vril

If Diaz is this carless with his striking Anderson will win.

11/28/12 3:33 AM
RonFoster77

Edited: 11/28/12 3:34 AM

deleted

11/28/12 6:54 AM
Entreri

It will be an entertaining fight.

Anderson is going to mess him up bad, but Diaz will get a great payday.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.