UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> **Seattle UG Meet & Greet w/ Dana White Dec. 7**

12/7/12 10:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Leghound
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That....was seriously ridiculous. For someone that runs a company of that magnitude to take any time out of their day, let alone a ~3 hour block the day before their primetime show...ridiculous. DFW jr is the man.
12/7/12 11:03 PM
Narcolepsy
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got my Mazza Douche shirt signed, and Dana took a pic with his iphone of it. If i dont get that back from him tonight i'll post one of the sig.

When are the photos the guy with the professional camera took getting posted? And who was that? Phone Post
12/8/12 12:00 AM
JoeMimic
564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Narcolepsy - I got my Mazza Douche shirt signed, and Dana took a pic with his iphone of it. If i dont get that back from him tonight i'll post one of the sig.

When are the photos the guy with the professional camera took getting posted? And who was that? Phone Post
The geek Phone Post
12/8/12 12:00 AM
JoeMimic
564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leghound - That....was seriously ridiculous. For someone that runs a company of that magnitude to take any time out of their day, let alone a ~3 hour block the day before their primetime show...ridiculous. DFW jr is the man.
Yes sir! Phone Post
12/8/12 12:05 AM
the geek
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeMimic - 
Narcolepsy - I got my Mazza Douche shirt signed, and Dana took a pic with his iphone of it. If i dont get that back from him tonight i'll post one of the sig.

The geek Phone Post

I hope to start getting them up on Sunday/Monday. I didn't get photo's of everyone with my camera as I was taking a lot with the phones people handed me. Big up to Big EP for helping take shots. Once he starting taking pics with peoples phones I was able to get a lot more with mine.

but there's a LOT OF FUCKING PICS I have to sort through and edit haha.

Cheers
12/8/12 12:06 AM
JoeMimic

the geek -
JoeMimic - 

The geek Phone Post

I hope to start getting them up on Sunday/Monday. I didn't get photo's of everyone with my camera as I was taking a lot with the phones people handed me. Big up to Big EP for helping take shots. Once he starting taking pics with peoples phones I was able to get a lot more with mine.

Cheers
For sure you handled business man. I'm the dude with the black WWDFWD shirt that I made him sign hahahaha! Phone Post
12/8/12 12:10 AM
the geek
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeMimic - 
the geek -
JoeMimic - 

The geek Phone Post

Cheers
For sure you handled business man. I'm the dude with the black WWDFWD shirt that I made him sign hahahaha! Phone Post

Awwww dude, I might need your help. I din't know if I got a photo of you with m camera or yours. Quick tried to send me some of those shirts to get to Dana but they didn't arrive. I'm going to send them to Dana but I want to use your photo to really help Quick out so if I don't have a copy on my camera can I get a copy from you?
12/8/12 12:13 AM
the geek

Now worries actually, I just checked my camera and I got your photo Joe.
12/8/12 12:25 AM
michegre
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh man i feel sick that I'm not there til tomorrow. Looks like it was an amazing time. Cant wait to see more pics and get there for the fights !!! Phone Post
12/8/12 12:56 AM
herwil10
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/08/12 1:19 AM
Yeah this was pretty freaking incredible. Thanks again Matt and everyone that worked to set this up.
12/8/12 1:00 AM
mclay
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like a blast!! Phone Post
12/8/12 1:02 AM
Narcolepsy
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm still pissed off that I didn't feel what the actual CAGE feels like. Is it like chain link? Does it feel plastic-y? So sad...
12/8/12 1:11 AM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips -  Dana had a good conversation with Frank on the phone as well. Of all the things I planned this weekend, that was most important.

#FranksFight Phone Post

Reading this makes me very happy. I love the grassroots efforts of the UG!!!

Cindy

12/8/12 4:28 AM
Leghound
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Narcolepsy - I'm still pissed off that I didn't feel what the actual CAGE feels like. Is it like chain link? Does it feel plastic-y? So sad...

I checked it out, it's definitely different than any cages I've been around. The plastic coating was thicker and it had less give to it.
12/8/12 4:52 AM
supersonic
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I basically just banged out an email to my brothers and thought it may provide a quick summary and perspective for people who didn’t make it. Cut and pasted below.

Thanks to Matt again for setting it up, The geek, et al

Was an awesome time and appreciated.

UFC Report: Day before the fights.

Attended the weigh-ins today and there was a UG gathering brewing and a potential Dana White meet and greet right afterwards. Weigh-ins are a vital part of the fight world and attending live was worth it.

At least a few thousand people. It happens quickly, going from an empty stage with a scale and some video on loop to Rogan shouting, Arianny looking fine, Dana et all gather and the weigh-ins begin.

BJ gets a huge ovation, tomorrows entrance is going to blow the roof of the place. Rory is definitely wearing the black hat for this one and is showered with boos. Capped with Rory telling Penn to "get the fuck out of my face"

Henderson came out with some pretty good swagger capitalized with a sweatshirt removal to display a Gary Payton Sonics jersey. The crowd loved it.

Diaz missed weight but it wasn't announced. It wasn't until the place emptied (which happens quickly) that he came back out to try again. Missed by .2 and made it the third time with basically only the UG to witness. Got to love Nate. Still got his most-muscular pose in even though i dont think it was even being video'd at that point. Gave a few high waves and many "good job"s and "Yeah Nate"s were shouted.

A line is formed and we go through the arena and fill a small area of about maybe 125 people. Everyone is chilling and Dana comes out and basically a quasi press conference breaks out for the next 1.5hrs.

Lots of F bombs were dropped, laughs had, and a variety of subjects were discussed very candidly.

some highlights...

Nick Diaz hasn't returned one of Dana's over 8 texts he has sent this week. Thought this was just classic

They were really close to signing Fedor v Brock. Fell apart last minute partly due to Fedors personal family matters.

Anderson says he will basically fight anybody at the end of the day and may have inked a long term deal.

To put it mildly Frank Shamrock isnt Dana's favorite guy but his skills and place in the UFC still seems to be some-what acknowledged and recognized. And he never cross-faced that chick in the BJJ class Frank, he never did it!!!!

There may be a potential killer in the current TUF house.

The Culinary Union sucks and is commonly told to F off

Dominick Cruz is a good dude and missed out on potentially his only shot at a 1m payday.

Knees to the head banishment was essential to break into mainstream although he misses them.

Fight day/night Weigh-Ins would be hard to implement for a variety of reasons

International shows for 2013? Usual suspects, They killed in China, Bangkok no. India yes

He is picking Marquez against Manny but thinks there may be some..um…post fight news

During contract negotiations with Josh Barnett, Matt Humme asked Dana how he would like it if he flew to Las Vegas and kick his ass.

After a brief hybrid crowd surf/Lambough Leap we headed in phases to the Octagon, entering in small groups, to get some pics with the Boss.

The stairs to the cage are surprisingly unimpressive and not as sturdy as I imagined and the lights are very bright

Shoes off and it was good to feel the actual mat under my feet. I little bit of a pad and the canvas is very tightly woven. Under close inspection there is some dirt, hair, etc...

So literally everyone got a pic with Dana. I dont consider myself too much a picture guy but really how can you pass up a chance to get in the cage for a pretty damn solid pic with the Baldfather himself.

The only other pic i have taken with a celebrity was with Jenna Jameson at her birthday party.

So thats a good few exceptions in my opinion.

All and all it was very cool to a get backstage look

And it should be noted that such an interaction is very unique in the sports world and basically unheard of. It is one variable that has always seperated MMA from other sports and its nice to see that even with the current level of popularity the grassroots fabric still exists

The night before a sick fight card and White took about 2.5hrs to mingle with a group of internet forum members and the guy literally talked to everyone independently, smiled the whole time, signed anything people gave him, goofed off, got dry humped, etc...

So take that for what its worth.

Definitely good vibe in Seattle right now. People are fired up for these fights. Cant wait.

12/8/12 5:16 AM
JoeMimic

Oh also no title shot for Faber if he beats Menjivar. Phone Post
12/8/12 7:37 AM
Quik
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Six Deuce Clothing, Owner
supersonic -
I basically just banged out an email to my brothers and thought it may provide a quick summary and perspective for people who didn’t make it. Cut and pasted below.

Attended the weigh-ins today and there was a UG gathering brewing and a potential Dana White meet and greet right afterwards. Weigh-ins are a vital part of the fight world and attending live was worth it.

At least a few thousand people. It happens quickly, going from an empty stage with a scale and some video on loop to Rogan shouting, Arianny looking fine, Dana et all gather and the weigh-ins begin.

BJ gets a huge ovation, tomorrows entrance is going to blow the roof of the place. Rory is definitely wearing the black hat for this one and is showered with boos. Capped with Rory telling Penn to "get the fuck out of my face"

Henderson came out with some pretty good swagger capitalized with a sweatshirt removal to display a Gary Payton Sonics jersey. The crowd loved it.

Diaz missed weight but it wasn't announced. It wasn't until the place emptied (which happens quickly) that he came back out to try again. Missed by .2 and made it the third time with basically only the UG to witness. Got to love Nate. Still got his most-muscular pose in even though i dont think it was even being video'd at that point. Gave a few high waves and many "good job"s and "Yeah Nate"s were shouted.

A line is formed and we go through the arena and fill a small area of about maybe 125 people. Everyone is chilling and Dana comes out and basically a quasi press conference breaks out for the next 1.5hrs.

Lots of F bombs were dropped, laughs had, and a variety of subjects were discussed very candidly.

some highlights...

Nick Diaz hasn't returned one of Dana's over 8 texts he has sent this week. Thought this was just classic

They were really close to signing Fedor v Brock. Fell apart last minute partly due to Fedors personal family matters.

Anderson says he will basically fight anybody at the end of the day and may have inked a long term deal.

To put it mildly Frank Shamrock isnt Dana's favorite guy but his skills and place in the UFC still seems to be some-what acknowledged and recognized. And he never cross-faced that chick in the BJJ class Frank, he never did it!!!!

Dominick Cruz is a good dude and missed out on potentially his only shot at a 1m payday.

Knees to the head banishment was essential to break into mainstream although he misses them.

International shows for 2013? Usual suspects, They killed in China, Bangkok no. India yes

He is picking Marquez against Manny but thinks there may be some..um…post fight news

During contract negotiations with Josh Barnett, Matt Humme asked Dana how he would like it if he flew to Las Vegas and kick his ass.

After a brief hybrid crowd surf/Lambough Leap we headed in phases to the Octagon, entering in small groups, to get some pics with the Boss.

The stairs to the cage are surprisingly unimpressive and not as sturdy as I imagined and the lights are very bright

Shoes off and it was good to feel the actual mat under my feet. I little bit of a pad and the canvas is very tightly woven. Under close inspection there is some dirt, hair, etc...

So literally everyone got a pic with Dana. I dont consider myself too much a picture guy but really how can you pass up a chance to get in the cage for a pretty damn solid pic with the Baldfather himself.

The only other pic i have taken with a celebrity was with Jenna Jameson at her birthday party.

And it should be noted that such an interaction is very unique in the sports world and basically unheard of. It is one variable that has always seperated MMA from other sports and its nice to see that even with the current level of popularity the grassroots fabric still exists

The night before a sick fight card and White took about 2.5hrs to mingle with a group of internet forum members and the guy literally talked to everyone independently, smiled the whole time, signed anything people gave him, goofed off, got dry humped, etc...

Definitely good vibe in Seattle right now. People are fired up for these fights. Cant wait.

Thanks for doing that write-up, its great to hear what went down! Tell me more about what he said about pac/marquez though... Phone Post
12/8/12 9:58 AM
El Toro UK
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supersonic -

some highlights...

Glad you guys had a great time. Hopefully we can get hooked up with something similar for the Barao vs Macdonald card in the UK Phone Post
12/8/12 10:00 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -
Matt Phillips -  Dana had a good conversation with Frank on the phone as well. Of all the things I planned this weekend, that was most important.

#FranksFight Phone Post

Cindy

So fucking cool!!

War Frank Phone Post
12/8/12 12:04 PM
jayu
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like a great time for all who were involved! Way to be my buddy Matt Phillips your the man, well after Dana of course;) Out of all the times I chose to come to the Midwest for a visit, Damn! haha Enjoy- this card is going to be off the hook tonight!
12/8/12 12:31 PM
Matt Phillips
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those of you who couldn't make it, make sure you say hi today! I'll be coming by the UG section and saying hi lol Phone Post
12/8/12 12:35 PM
Strugglezworth
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It felt plastic like... I bounced off of it a few times just to test it out, it had some give and kinda sprung me back, it was cool haha
12/8/12 12:36 PM
rummy
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips -  Those of you who couldn't make it, make sure you say hi today! I'll be coming by the UG section and saying hi lol Phone Post

Will do.  Thanks for all the effort you've put into this Matt.

12/8/12 12:48 PM
the geek

CindyO - 

#FranksFight Phone Post

Cindy

I got some really great shots of Dana while he was sitting in the stands talking to Frank. I'm undecided whether or not I will post those photo's though as I don't want anyone to think this was done for publicity, it wasn't, I just happened to be there to catch the moment.

I'll certainly share the photo with a few on the UG like Cindy, Matt, saucy, Big EP and then decide if I'll post it later.

I couldn't be more proud of you Matt for getting this done. You are a great man.
12/8/12 1:04 PM
TommyRSU
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First of all mother fuckers....

Matt Phillips and Dana White are the 2 coolest people on the planet. I got rogan in 3rd currently.

The time that Matt took to set this up was awesome. A true badass.

Matt - Thanks a ton. I'll never forget this, my friends loved it, and it's all to you. I would love to buy you a beer today or something, it's the least I can do.

Dana is the man. Guys one of the most influential people on the planet with more money than God, and he takes all of that time to talk with us. I salute you sir.

Can't remember the last time I was this excited. I'm about to shit my pants.

Tommy Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.