UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> **Seattle UG Meet & Greet w/ Dana White Dec. 7**

12/8/12 1:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TommyRSU
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also a big shout out to The Geek for taking all of those pictures. That was super cool man for you to hang around and take pictures for everyone. Another badass!

Thank you.

Tommy. Phone Post
12/8/12 1:10 PM
ALAR88
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like an amazing gathering. Props to DFW and crew!
12/8/12 1:14 PM
the geek
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TommyRSU -  Also a big shout out to The Geek for taking all of those pictures. That was super cool man for you to hang around and take pictures for everyone. Another badass!

Thank you.

Tommy. Phone Post

It was my pleasure bro. I can't wait to get home and get a good look at all the pics.
12/8/12 1:21 PM
BrewBarry
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supersonic - 
I basically just banged out an email to my brothers and thought it may provide a quick summary and perspective for people who didn’t make it. Cut and pasted below.

Thanks to Matt again for setting it up, The geek, et al

Was an awesome time and appreciated.

UFC Report: Day before the fights.

Attended the weigh-ins today and there was a UG gathering brewing and a potential Dana White meet and greet right afterwards. Weigh-ins are a vital part of the fight world and attending live was worth it.

At least a few thousand people. It happens quickly, going from an empty stage with a scale and some video on loop to Rogan shouting, Arianny looking fine, Dana et all gather and the weigh-ins begin.

BJ gets a huge ovation, tomorrows entrance is going to blow the roof of the place. Rory is definitely wearing the black hat for this one and is showered with boos. Capped with Rory telling Penn to "get the fuck out of my face"

Henderson came out with some pretty good swagger capitalized with a sweatshirt removal to display a Gary Payton Sonics jersey. The crowd loved it.

Diaz missed weight but it wasn't announced. It wasn't until the place emptied (which happens quickly) that he came back out to try again. Missed by .2 and made it the third time with basically only the UG to witness. Got to love Nate. Still got his most-muscular pose in even though i dont think it was even being video'd at that point. Gave a few high waves and many "good job"s and "Yeah Nate"s were shouted.

A line is formed and we go through the arena and fill a small area of about maybe 125 people. Everyone is chilling and Dana comes out and basically a quasi press conference breaks out for the next 1.5hrs.

Lots of F bombs were dropped, laughs had, and a variety of subjects were discussed very candidly.

some highlights...

Nick Diaz hasn't returned one of Dana's over 8 texts he has sent this week. Thought this was just classic

They were really close to signing Fedor v Brock. Fell apart last minute partly due to Fedors personal family matters.

Anderson says he will basically fight anybody at the end of the day and may have inked a long term deal.

To put it mildly Frank Shamrock isnt Dana's favorite guy but his skills and place in the UFC still seems to be some-what acknowledged and recognized. And he never cross-faced that chick in the BJJ class Frank, he never did it!!!!

There may be a potential killer in the current TUF house.

The Culinary Union sucks and is commonly told to F off

Dominick Cruz is a good dude and missed out on potentially his only shot at a 1m payday.

Knees to the head banishment was essential to break into mainstream although he misses them.

Fight day/night Weigh-Ins would be hard to implement for a variety of reasons

International shows for 2013? Usual suspects, They killed in China, Bangkok no. India yes

He is picking Marquez against Manny but thinks there may be some..um…post fight news

During contract negotiations with Josh Barnett, Matt Humme asked Dana how he would like it if he flew to Las Vegas and kick his ass.

After a brief hybrid crowd surf/Lambough Leap we headed in phases to the Octagon, entering in small groups, to get some pics with the Boss.

The stairs to the cage are surprisingly unimpressive and not as sturdy as I imagined and the lights are very bright

Shoes off and it was good to feel the actual mat under my feet. I little bit of a pad and the canvas is very tightly woven. Under close inspection there is some dirt, hair, etc...

So literally everyone got a pic with Dana. I dont consider myself too much a picture guy but really how can you pass up a chance to get in the cage for a pretty damn solid pic with the Baldfather himself.

The only other pic i have taken with a celebrity was with Jenna Jameson at her birthday party.

So thats a good few exceptions in my opinion.

All and all it was very cool to a get backstage look

And it should be noted that such an interaction is very unique in the sports world and basically unheard of. It is one variable that has always seperated MMA from other sports and its nice to see that even with the current level of popularity the grassroots fabric still exists

The night before a sick fight card and White took about 2.5hrs to mingle with a group of internet forum members and the guy literally talked to everyone independently, smiled the whole time, signed anything people gave him, goofed off, got dry humped, etc...

So take that for what its worth.

Definitely good vibe in Seattle right now. People are fired up for these fights. Cant wait.

VTFU for the write up, thanks for posting that!

12/8/12 1:50 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

A W E S O M E

12/8/12 2:37 PM
Matt Phillips
831 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eating breakfast and Ben Henderson shows up with his whole crew. I brought him some 100% kona coffee from Hawaii and got to hand it to him myself :) Phone Post
12/8/12 2:48 PM
JoeMimic
677 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips - Eating breakfast and Ben Henderson shows up with his whole crew. I brought him some 100% kona coffee from Hawaii and got to hand it to him myself :) Phone Post
Hell yeah! I'm still in bed lol Phone Post
12/8/12 5:35 PM
Quik
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Six Deuce Clothing, Owner
What did dana say about the pacquiao fight???? Phone Post
12/8/12 5:45 PM
Matt Phillips
831 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quik - What did dana say about the pacquiao fight???? Phone Post
We've been sworn to secrecy. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.