UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Not Chuck, Couture, Anderson, Fedor, Wanderlei....

11/29/12 11:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_SMASHED BY A BIG RIG!
809 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/29/12 12:05 PM
Tom Lawlor
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FlaccidJoe Isn't Elite - 
Stu Cazzo - Did you type this in the OP?

"or ANY MMA Legend/Champion/contender/Gatekeeper/fighter except for"

Time to change the tampon D241 - Orcus is right

Yup, OP left the door open for any fighter to be discussed in this thread.

yeah I technically haven't been either.

I got ko'd on the ground by Bader on TUF but I've never been wobbled and knocked down from standing in training or a fight. 

11/29/12 12:32 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knuckleballs - Did machida take him down? I remember BJ being on the ground, but can't remember how...

11/29/12 12:36 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Stu Cazzo - 
D241 - 
Stu Cazzo - Did you type this in the OP?

"or ANY MMA Legend/Champion/contender/Gatekeeper/fighter except for"

Time to change the tampon D241 - Orcus is right

I know you have a strong dislike for me Stu, but I know you are smart enough to know that there is a point in this thread, and I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out what it is. It will be a treat when I can get your thoughts and opinions regardless of what they are instead of trying to just make negative comments regarding me. At least I get to read your opinions on other peoples threads though :)

I gave my thoughts when I mentioned JDS and JBJ on page one.

I don't dislike you....who the hell are you?  I hang on the OG and just happend to notice that you're blasting another member here for no reason at all.

Tone down the temper...it's the fucking internet and we're talking about people getting punched in the face.

Serious business indeed.

OP has a seriously strange and somewhat concerning obsession with Orcus. Seriously. It's bad.

;)

11/29/12 12:40 PM
Stu Cazzo

/\

Now I remember.  Isn't the OP the guy who made that thread dedicated to orcus with a shitload of his quotes?

That was some Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs shit...

11/29/12 12:58 PM
Lazer MMA

Huh, well done D2
11/29/12 1:00 PM
Stu Cazzo

Sal Penis - 

We are talking about Legends here people. And yes out of all the legends, BJ has NEVER been dropped. Which is why Fedor considers him the P4P best.

WAR BJ PENN

MAHALO!!!!

Roy Nelson was mentioned in the OP too -

He's a legend now?

11/29/12 1:02 PM
D241
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Correct Sal Penis. 

All I'm trying to do, is point out an interesting not much talked about stat regarding BJ Penn. I'm giving a bad ass fighter some props, and BJ apparently is a little frustrated people don't discuss his name regarding Goat. 

You guys can try to sidetrack the thread all you want, but from the outside it only appears that you're wanting to do anything than give BJ props in this thread.  

I wouldn't even have BJ in my top 5 of favorite fighters, but I absolutely have to give respect where respect is due.

11/29/12 1:05 PM
D241
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stu Cazzo, since you are wanting to stay on point regarding the premise of this thread, obviously you're wanting to nitpick about specifics of what justifies legend/respect status tells us that you are not impressed with BJ Penn or this statistic.

I ask you, can you give me examples of fighters who have never been dropped in their career, and how their career and opponents who haven't dropped them compares to BJ's? I'm genuinely interested to see a few of the examples you provide.

11/29/12 1:16 PM
Stu Cazzo

1st off - BJ is one of my favorite fighters - so get this not impressed shit out of here.

2nd - I mentioned JBJ and JDS very early in this thread.

JBJ has fought many knockout artists - Shogun, Rampage, Vitor, Machida, Evans - and was never in trouble except for an armbar attempt

JDS - Carwin, Cain, Yvel, Nelson, Mir, Mirko - never in trouble

I think it's pretty fair to say that both have fought heavy hitters.

11/29/12 1:28 PM
Doc T
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ is going to destroy rory unfortunately :( Phone Post
11/29/12 1:39 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Stu Cazzo - 

/\

Now I remember.  Isn't the OP the guy who made that thread dedicated to orcus with a shitload of his quotes?

That was some Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs shit...

Yes, yes. That's the poster. Stalking posts from 3-5 years ago to make threads and point out "contradictions" and "hypocricy" :)

Either way this IS a great thread premise, and BJ Penn is my #1 favorite fighter of all time!!! WAR PENN:

11/29/12 1:41 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

I would think that Anderson should be removed from the OP and what not. I don't ever recall him being "dropped" even in the Chael fight.

11/29/12 1:43 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knuckleballs -
Huningtonbbb -  For anyone debating if Anderson OR fedor really got dropped- your a fucking moron, fedor got flat out ko'd bisping style and Anderson got dropped 3 times by Chael for Christ sake Phone Post

When you call people fucking morons, make sure you know what the fuck you are talking about, as you look like a fucking moron.
This. Dipshit. Phone Post
11/29/12 1:47 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Seriously, does ANYONE really consider this being "dropped"?

Rocked a little maybe. Stunned. Wobbled. But not dropped.

11/29/12 1:51 PM
Lazer MMA

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Seriously, does ANYONE really consider this being "dropped"?

Rocked a little maybe. Stunned. Wobbled. But not dropped.

Show other GIF's too. He did drop him 1 time as I recall.
11/29/12 1:54 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

^^^^ The other one was the 5th round, where both Anderson AND Sonnen said was a slip. I'll find it...

11/29/12 1:55 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Watch the punch MISS over the top/back of Anderson's neck.

11/29/12 2:04 PM
R00STER
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My God, the technicalities. The point of the thread is clear and it really is amazing when you think how BJ has fought out of his weight class etc. He really seems to never get "hurt" in that sense (virtually never shows any visual signs of damage either). Phone Post
11/29/12 2:33 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

R00STER -  My God, the technicalities. The point of the thread is clear and it really is amazing when you think how BJ has fought out of his weight class etc. He really seems to never get "hurt" in that sense (virtually never shows any visual signs of damage either). Phone Post

I would say that BJ and Anderson hands down have shown the best "chins" of any of the Legends of the sport over their entire career.

11/29/12 2:33 PM
MadmanGadman
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

I think this is Anderson getting dropped although he gets hit in the back of the head. I think most people would go down from a hit in the back of the head. I don't think the punch misses like you think. And I also think you would be surprised on how much a glancing blow can still hurt. Phone Post
11/29/12 2:36 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

^^^ Dude watch it slower. The blue tape on Sonnen's glove goes all the way past teh center of Anderson's neck. Anderson's head does not move at all when the fist gets parallel to his head. It does not connect.

Sonnen himself said that it did not connect and that Anderson slipped.

11/29/12 2:49 PM
Lazer MMA

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

That's it? There was no other time? This is the one I was thinking of though. Ty

Well AS 'reacted' as though he was hit (dropped). It's possible some slight contact did drop AS (because it effected his balance, getting hit in the back of the head can have a strange effect on the inner ear). I think per his reaction that indeed is what happened.

One must admit though it ain't like a real punch!
11/29/12 2:56 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

^^^^ I am totally shocked and flabergasted that you would feel that was "dropped".....lmfao

Even when the people there LIVE including his opponent say it was a slip....haters gonna hate.

11/29/12 3:00 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - Personally I think BJ's chin is ridiculously overrated.

I don't doubt that he has a good chin, but the fact that he's never been knocked down is due more to the fact that he's very good at not getting hit then having some sort of supernatural iron chin.

How many times can you think of that BJ has been hit with a flush shot to the chin by a really hard puncher?

I can't think of a single time.

jens hit him flush in their first fight..and bjs been cracked many times afer that

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.