UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Not Chuck, Couture, Anderson, Fedor, Wanderlei....

11/29/12 3:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Seriously, does ANYONE really consider this being "dropped"?

Rocked a little maybe. Stunned. Wobbled. But not dropped.

hand on ground = knockdown

11/29/12 3:13 PM
Son of Neckbone
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lots of semantics in this thread here.

To summarize, BJ has an excellent chin and never been dropped.

Several other mma fighters also meet this criteria.

Then end.
11/29/12 3:18 PM
Lazer MMA

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

^^^^ I am totally shocked and flabergasted that you would feel that was "dropped".....lmfao

Even when the people there LIVE including his opponent say it was a slip....haters gonna hate.

Now your just being silly again. Sonnen knew the punch missed but the glaze of AS's head seems to have effected him (per the gif) as I said.

You really think I really care one way or the other? Dude start thinking.
11/29/12 3:22 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

desperate to troll = Goku

11/29/12 3:23 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Lazer MMA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

^^^^ I am totally shocked and flabergasted that you would feel that was "dropped".....lmfao

Even when the people there LIVE including his opponent say it was a slip....haters gonna hate.

Now your just being silly again. Sonnen knew the punch missed but the glaze of AS's head seems to have effected him (per the gif) as I said.

Riiiiiight. Anderson can take 6-8 full shots directly to the face from Jorge but a barely glancing blow is what cause that....not the obvious slipping of his rear foot....lol

Keep being "silly"

11/29/12 3:32 PM
Lazer MMA

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Lazer MMA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Riiiiiight. Anderson can take 6-8 full shots directly to the face from Jorge but a barely glancing blow is what cause that....not the obvious slipping of his rear foot....lol

Keep being "silly"

Actually as I recall we showed AS never even took a real punch (not counting any mere 'arm punches' which you posted) after you supplied other GIF's. We agreed he was the ULTIMATE master of defense. You are the former LnP correct?

The issue is as far as his reaction you are ignoring the video evidence. I've been hit via a glancing blow in a similar place and I can tell you that shit has a strange effect on the inner ear. You can lose balance or worse.

We can feel free to disgree, minor point IMO

11/29/12 4:01 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 11/29/12 4:02 PM

Anyone who thinks a "hand on ground = knockdown" is trolling. That is not "dropped" nor is it a "knockdown". This isn't boxing, but even in boxing that would rarely if ever get an 8 count.

Especially in this case, where Anderson looked fine once he took a few steps. Let's not pretend he was punch drunk wobbling all over the place.

11/29/12 4:15 PM
Lazer MMA

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Anyone who thinks a "hand on ground = knockdown" is trolling. That is not "dropped" nor is it a "knockdown". This isn't boxing, but even in boxing that would rarely if ever get an 8 count.

Especially in this case, where Anderson looked fine once he took a few steps. Let's not pretend he was punch drunk wobbling all over the place.

"A knockdown occurs when a boxer, after being hit by his opponent: 1) touches the ring floor with some part of his body other than the feet; 2) has any part of his body outside the ropes; 3) is hanging on the ropes helplessly; or 4) is judged to be in a semi-conscious state and unable to continue fighting.
A slip or fall on the canvas by a boxer, resulting in any of the above conditions, is not a knockdown.
Note: You will often see the referee wipe the gloves of a knockdowned boxer on the front of his shirt, once the boxer regains his feet. This is to remove any resin from the canvas floor that may have gotten on the gloves. If resin is left on a glove, it can damage the opponent's eyes during continued fighting.'

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Knockdown
11/29/12 4:34 PM

Lazer MMA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

"A knockdown occurs when a boxer, after being hit by his opponent: 1) touches the ring floor with some part of his body other than the feet; 2) has any part of his body outside the ropes; 3) is hanging on the ropes helplessly; or 4) is judged to be in a semi-conscious state and unable to continue fighting.
A slip or fall on the canvas by a boxer, resulting in any of the above conditions, is not a knockdown.
Note: You will often see the referee wipe the gloves of a knockdowned boxer on the front of his shirt, once the boxer regains his feet. This is to remove any resin from the canvas floor that may have gotten on the gloves. If resin is left on a glove, it can damage the opponent's eyes during continued fighting.'

LOL....u really are clueless arent u? even in boxing rarely if ever get an 8 count? touching hand on the ground after getting hit = knockdown 100% of the time in boxing...

11/29/12 4:34 PM

Joshua J King - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

desperate to troll = Goku

Now you're reaching.

You disagree with my view = troll?

Weak. Even if it is goku,you're better than that. Phone Post

believe me..hes not better than that

11/29/12 4:35 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

^^^^^ Cool. Let me know when Anderson Silva starts professional boxing again. Many Refs in boxing have called similar actions a slip in boxing matches btw.

11/29/12 4:35 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Lazer MMA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

LOL....u really are clueless arent u? even in boxing rarely if ever get an 8 count? touching hand on the ground after getting hit = knockdown 100% of the time in boxing...

If I show you proof you are wrong will you stop trolling about Anderson so much?

11/29/12 4:41 PM
Lazer MMA

After I produced a source, you question it? His hand prevented his body from hitting the deck. LOL at slip!

How can there be proof when I have the source (as usual) supplying the proof?
11/29/12 4:43 PM
Malvert the Janitor
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knuckleballs - Did machida take him down? I remember BJ being on the ground, but can't remember how...
Leg sweep. Phone Post
11/29/12 4:50 PM
kevsh
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Son of Neckbone - Lots of semantics in this thread here.

To summarize, BJ has an excellent chin and never been dropped.

Several other mma fighters also meet this criteria.

Then end.

Thank you.
11/29/12 4:56 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Lazer MMA - 
After I produced a source, you question it? His hand prevented his body from hitting the deck. LOL at slip!

How can there be proof when I have the source (as usual) supplying the proof?

1. I wasn't talking to you.

2. This isn't boxing.

11/29/12 5:12 PM
Lazer MMA

You said boxing, that it was a no KD. LMFAO

ok goodnight then
11/29/12 5:26 PM
Purgey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor never got dropped. Phone Post
11/29/12 5:40 PM
Lazer MMA

Purgey -  Fedor never got dropped. Phone Post

Um ok Hendo ONLY KHTFO COLD.

Some one show gif of him trying to stand pls. TY
11/30/12 8:41 AM
D241
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stu Cazzo - 

1st off - BJ is one of my favorite fighters - so get this not impressed shit out of here.

2nd - I mentioned JBJ and JDS very early in this thread.

JBJ has fought many knockout artists - Shogun, Rampage, Vitor, Machida, Evans - and was never in trouble except for an armbar attempt

JDS - Carwin, Cain, Yvel, Nelson, Mir, Mirko - never in trouble

I think it's pretty fair to say that both have fought heavy hitters.

See, when you're not coming to just flame or have personal attacks on me, you can add to the discussion.

I agree with you Stu in that both have fought heavy hitters. And obviously the ones you have mentioned, JDS and JBJ, have never been dropped. The thing is though, the premise of this thread, is when you compare BJ against ANYone, I don't see anyone topping BJ, at least yet. JBJ and JDS of course have time to prove themselves in a lengthy career of getting tested as BJ has, and as you said it's "fair" to say they have both fought heavy hitters, however I ask you this....

Do you compare BJ's career accomplishment of never getting dropped to JDS and JBJ never being dropped?

B/c I think the 2 you mentioned, may be next in line as far as who is next to compare to BJ, however I don't think they are there yet.

11/30/12 2:20 PM
Purgey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -

Yet he was not dropped. Phone Post
11/30/12 2:27 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 11/30/12 2:27 PM
Purgey - 
Lazer MMA -

Yet he was not dropped. Phone Post

Sorry brah. He sure as fuck was dropped. If the haters are going to argue that Anderson setting a few fingers on the ground, yet walking away and not showing any signs of being wobbly = dropped... then a dude FACE PLANTING and going out cold from a half standing position sure as hell counts as "dropped"

Notice at the point of the KO blast he is NOT on his knees. He only has a hand on the ground, and his feet. DROPPED

11/30/12 3:36 PM
WatchinMMA

Damn I love that gif. Fedor got blasted so hard he thought he was back in Russia eating alphabet soup at the playground Phone Post
12/13/12 12:26 AM
D241
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FlaccidJoe Isn't Elite -  Nasty trip right there.

Also, OP has jinxed BJ with this thread. Phone Post

I almost did and I was thinking that when BJ was taking those body shots. 

BJ is so fucking tough. I've never said this about any fighter, but bj in a loss is like Mel Gibson in Braveheart in the end scene. So admirable and tough. A greater man than I know I could ever be. War BJ Penn!!!

12/13/12 4:17 AM
GarlicSauce

Wow, I didn't know this before. BJ, what a legend.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.