UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Next UK UFC show in London, February

11/30/12 7:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NorthernIrishZombie
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should put Ronda in the main event.

11/30/12 7:25 AM
Chimp Strength
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ I hope youre kidding.

11/30/12 7:53 AM
dingdong_malice
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobinHood -  I read on twitter that Gary Cook has said there will be 3 European events.

My guess is: London (confirmed) Milan and either Ireland or Sweden. Phone Post

London, one of Denmark,Norway, Netherlands and then probably Russia.

I dont see why theyd go to Milan.
11/30/12 8:04 AM
NorthernIrishZombie
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They've been saying that they'll be going to Italy for a while now. I'm pretty sure there was a story about them looking into booking an arena in Italy for 2013 a few months ago.

And you don't think the Fertitta brothers want to have a show in Italy?

11/30/12 8:06 AM
NorthernIrishZombie

Just before UFC on FUEL 2 in Sweden:

"I think Italy will be next," Fertitta said. "Me and Lawrence [Epstein, the UFC's general counsel] went out to Italy and met with the owners. There's really only one venue in Italy that makes sense for us. There's an arena right outside of Milan, it's owned by a family, and once again, they had these misconceptions about what this was. 'Oh my gosh, you're going to have these guys get in there and fight in a cage,' and all this other stuff. But we went out there, sat down with them, explained who we were, what our background was, safety, regulation, all those things. [We] invited them to the fight in Birmingham [for UFC 138], and they were blown away. They said, 'You guys are welcome any time you want.'

11/30/12 8:09 AM
NorthernIrishZombie

Edited: 11/30/12 8:13 AM
Chimp Strength - 

^ I hope youre kidding.

I'm not. I'm a fan!

I don't think it would happen though. FUEL isn't in enough households in the US in order for it to be a good way for the UFC to introduce Ronda to the masses.

Also, take this for what you want, but Dana tweeted to some guy on Twitter a couple of days ago:

we have some good news coming to the UK and pipe down fucker the last event over there was SICK!!!

11/30/12 8:37 AM
Darth_Vladar
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure why they chosen Wembley Arena over the O2. Wembley is a fucking terrible venue it really is, such a shame. Phone Post
11/30/12 8:41 AM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Time for a Card in Cardiff I say! Might consider the travel to London depending on the card and how much the tickets are Phone Post
11/30/12 8:55 AM
Chimp Strength
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NIZ, I agree with your reasoning of putting her on a free card to garner interest, but the main event?  I dont see how Rousey vs *enter generic female fighter soon to be armbarred name* could sit atop an event, particularly in the UK where WMMA has had close to zero coverage.

11/30/12 8:55 AM
Chimp Strength

Edited: 11/30/12 9:05 AM

Double

11/30/12 9:09 AM
NorthernIrishZombie

Chimp Strength - 

NIZ, I agree with your reasoning of putting her on a free card to garner interest, but the main event?  I dont see how Rousey vs *enter generic female fighter soon to be armbarred name* could sit atop an event, particularly in the UK where WMMA has had close to zero coverage.

I hear what you're saying, but she gets the main event by default as she's got a belt.. Obviously it would be better if we could get a stellar main event and have Rousey further down the card, but that's not an option with how things work.

Also, VTFU for someone who gives valid opinions/arguments on here rather than "UR OPINION IS WRONG! VTFD!".

12/3/12 7:05 AM
Fight! UK Online
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darth_Vladar -  Not sure why they chosen Wembley Arena over the O2. Wembley is a fucking terrible venue it really is, such a shame. Phone Post

What's so wrong with Wembley? Only been to a BAMMA event there, thought it was OK?

12/3/12 7:17 AM
Darth_Vladar
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight! UK Online -
Darth_Vladar -  Not sure why they chosen Wembley Arena over the O2. Wembley is a fucking terrible venue it really is, such a shame. Phone Post

What's so wrong with Wembley? Only been to a BAMMA event there, thought it was OK?

It's renowned as a horrible arena. It's a awful shape and the seating plan will be horrendous because of that. Unless you're paying for ringsides this will be the worst venue we have ever had yet. Phone Post
12/3/12 9:33 AM
Chimp Strength

NorthernIrishZombie - 
Chimp Strength - 

I hear what you're saying, but she gets the main event by default as she's got a belt.. Obviously it would be better if we could get a stellar main event and have Rousey further down the card, but that's not an option with how things work.

Also, VTFU for someone who gives valid opinions/arguments on here rather than "UR OPINION IS WRONG! VTFD!".

Haha, yeah I hear you on the last point!

12/4/12 4:54 AM
Fight! UK Online
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darth_Vladar - 
Fight! UK Online -

It's renowned as a horrible arena. It's a awful shape and the seating plan will be horrendous because of that. Unless you're paying for ringsides this will be the worst venue we have ever had yet. Phone Post

To be fair I was cageside as press so probably didn't get too affected by the seating plan - hope it's not too bad for paying punters.

I only walked from the tube up the main strip to the arena so no comment on the area!

12/4/12 4:54 AM
Fight! UK Online

Tickets on sale from tomorrow for Fight Club members and Friday for general public:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/2483/ticket-details-ufc-on-fuel-7-london.htm

Start at £50.

12/4/12 7:52 AM
NorthernIrishZombie

What to do, what to do...

12/4/12 8:48 AM
Fight! UK Online

NorthernIrishZombie - 

Start a blog and get a press pass.

12/4/12 8:52 AM
explodingboy

If I can find someone who wants to go, I'll probably go to this.

12/4/12 9:03 AM
john joe
371 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey
Fight! UK Online - 
NorthernIrishZombie - 

Start a blog and get a press pass.

lol

half true though; Theres so many no-name bedroom blogs there now that didn't get a look-in a few years back, and the mainstream press presence is far below what it used to be.
12/4/12 9:18 AM
NorthernIrishZombie

I wonder if it would be possible to get a block of seats for UGers like the Seattle and Chicago shows. It might be difficult at such short notice. Phone Post
12/4/12 9:56 AM
3rdLion
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just how easy is it to get a press pass? As simple as contacting them via your business to get tickets? I've always wondered about photographers too, best seats in the house.
12/4/12 11:45 AM
Ghengiseanie

I live in London and dont want to travel ANYWHERE NEAR WEmbley. Fuckign atrocious travel links. Avoid.

12/4/12 11:53 AM
NorthernIrishZombie

Ghengiseanie - 

I live in London and dont want to travel ANYWHERE NEAR WEmbley. Fuckign atrocious travel links. Avoid.

I take it I should get a hotel near to the arena then to avoid travelling too far before/after the event?

12/4/12 12:51 PM
john joe
371 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey
Ghengiseanie - 

its got its own tube station hasnt it?

for some reason i got off in stonebridge though, and walked miles. Wont be doing that again;

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.