UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Next UK UFC show in London, February

12/4/12 1:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ghengiseanie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeh but sinc the wembley chagnes to teh stadium proper, people ahve consistently reported something liek 2 hours just trying to escape the fucking shit hole.. Check to see what is on at the stadium as well. If the arena and UFc is all, it may be ok, Be prepared for fucktards int eh taxi queue after all thinking they are fucking Lee Murray. Saw a few fights after 120 at O2.. faggots..

12/4/12 1:49 PM
john joe
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey
^ lol did you see the stocky white Cockney guy headbutt the black guy in the avenue bit inside where the bars are? Was after the show. Exchanged words for like two seconds and then BLAM he basically KO'd him with a butt on the bridge of the nose, the guy dropped hard and stayed down, white guy and his mates just kept walking like it was nothing. So blatant and no security or anything; mad
12/4/12 1:54 PM
NorthernIrishZombie
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is anyone going to have the Fight Club presale code to share? Pretty please?

12/4/12 1:58 PM
explodingboy

john joe - ^ lol did you see the stocky white Cockney guy headbutt the black guy in the avenue bit inside where the bars are? Was after the show. Exchanged words for like two seconds and then BLAM he basically KO'd him with a butt on the bridge of the nose, the guy dropped hard and stayed down, white guy and his mates just kept walking like it was nothing. So blatant and no security or anything; mad

Remember Bisping's after-party and the joke that was? Not that it's a big deal but it meant a fair bit to me at the time, he sent me a PM through here apologising about the fiasco and offered to send out a signed photo by way of apology. He never did but it's the thought that counts!

12/4/12 2:19 PM
UGCTT_Benwahwah
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthernIrishZombie -

Is anyone going to have the Fight Club presale code to share? Pretty please?

Totally this. It would definitely be appreciated. Phone Post
12/4/12 2:38 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evzey - Time for a Card in Cardiff I say! Might consider the travel to London depending on the card and how much the tickets are Phone Post
This!! Lots of UK folks love a good wkend in Cardiff!! Millennium stadium would be amazing .. If they put on a major card to pack it like the concerts I've been to there Phone Post
12/4/12 2:39 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've never been to a UK card only Vegas... How much were the London tix for decent seats.. ?? Phone Post
12/4/12 3:13 PM
NorthernIrishZombie
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This time they're 50, 75, 100, 150 and 200.

12/4/12 3:46 PM
spidermanik
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gunner Nelson may be fighting on this card as well Phone Post
12/4/12 3:52 PM
whitfield1234
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmmm i dunno if i should go depends on the card went to the last 2 and they where amazing

12/4/12 5:20 PM
NorthernIrishZombie

I've spent this evening working out flights/transport/accommodation to and from London as well as factoring in the price of a decent ticket and it's just too expensive. I think the fact that it's Valentine's weekend probably doesn't help matters either as a lot of hotels are booked up.

I'm going to have to pass on this one, which bums me out to no end.

12/4/12 5:41 PM
NorthernIrishZombie

The central hotels I've been looking at are all more than I'd be willing to pay. It doesn't help that there were three of us looking to go either.

Throw in the cost of flights/trains/taxi/food/drink and it becomes a pricey day out very quickly.

12/4/12 6:32 PM
NorthernIrishZombie

I think they'll definitely go to Italy and then maybe somewhere else they haven't been before. Another UK or even Dublin card would be great, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

12/4/12 6:39 PM
UGCTT_Benwahwah
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

explodingboy - 

If I can find someone who wants to go, I'll probably go to this.

UKTT should go as a group, it could be a laugh.
12/5/12 7:22 AM
El Toro UK
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobinHood - So PreSales tix sales opened this am.

Crikey, not sure I want to commit my cash on a Card that has no fights listed.

This must be a first for UFC to do this. Phone Post
They've officially announced the Japan Fuel 8 event http://uk.ufc.com/news/ufc-on-fuel-tv-8-fight-card-update
as well as one of the fights on 157 http://uk.ufc.com/news/ufc-157-fight-card-update which are both after our card lol Phone Post
12/5/12 7:43 AM
john joe
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

explodingboy - 
john joe - ^ lol did you see the stocky white Cockney guy headbutt the black guy in the avenue bit inside where the bars are? Was after the show. Exchanged words for like two seconds and then BLAM he basically KO'd him with a butt on the bridge of the nose, the guy dropped hard and stayed down, white guy and his mates just kept walking like it was nothing. So blatant and no security or anything; mad

Remember Bisping's after-party and the joke that was? Not that it's a big deal but it meant a fair bit to me at the time, he sent me a PM through here apologising about the fiasco and offered to send out a signed photo by way of apology. He never did but it's the thought that counts!

i was telling someone about this the other day, it was unbelievable. Like 500 people crammed into a tiny nightclub room, bisping sat in the corner having a bottle of beer behind a rope and ten thousand eyes following his every movement like hungry dogs watching a bone being waved through a window. Absolutely shit, and bizarrely frightening in a weird intense way

heres how it should be

- book a restaurant, 2-300 capacity

lay out a top table with Fighter(s) in pride of place

- everyone sits down at allocated place

- beers are delivered via waiters etc

- theres a Q&A with the fighters about their fights while the food orders are being taken

- this continues til the food arrives

- everyone chows down

- afterdinner speech from fighters and any other guests eg Referee, celeb name etc

- everyone raises a glass

- photo opps

- everyone goes their separate ways; 2.5 hours in a room with hundreds of people staring hard at a guy like they want to suck him off is quite enough.

it would work well i think; they get a drink and a dinner, some conversational content and a private sort of Q&A thingy; something to talk about
12/5/12 7:48 AM
El Toro UK
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon joe you heard anything on Paul Taylor lately? it's been a while since he's fought Phone Post
12/5/12 7:59 AM
UGCTT_Benwahwah

Does anyone have the fight club password they would like to share. I have a credit card that is itching to be used.

On a side note, I have decided to go for the most expensive seats for this UFC am I right in thinking that it should be fairly easy to get these? Phone Post
12/5/12 8:06 AM
Broady
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd go for lower tier seating. FAR better view. Floor seats are fun for about 5 minutes until you realise you see fuck all. I did get to sit next to Michael Essien at 105 on the floor though, that was amusing.
12/5/12 8:12 AM
Flannerz
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - 
Ghengiseanie - 

I live in London and dont want to travel ANYWHERE NEAR WEmbley. Fuckign atrocious travel links. Avoid.

its got its own tube station hasnt it?

for some reason i got off in stonebridge though, and walked miles. Wont be doing that again;

Wembley Park is the nearest tube station which is only a few mins walk. Wembley Central and Wembley Stadium are the nearest overground stations
12/5/12 8:24 AM
john joe

UGCTT_Benwahwah -  Does anyone have the fight club password they would like to share. I have a credit card that is itching to be used.

On a side note, I have decided to go for the most expensive seats for this UFC am I right in thinking that it should be fairly easy to get these? Phone Post

you want to go for seats about five rows up in the first bank, if you know what i mean. So youre about 10-12 foot above floor level. They are the best.

Floor seats are good in their own way though, very raw feel to the fight being so close
12/5/12 8:46 AM
Fight! UK Online
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Benwahwah -  Does anyone have the fight club password they would like to share. I have a credit card that is itching to be used.

I should have the newsletter one tomorrow if you haven't managed to get one by then.

12/5/12 9:35 AM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - 

you want to go for seats about five rows up in the first bank, if you know what i mean. So youre about 10-12 foot above floor level. They are the best.

Floor seats are good in their own way though, very raw feel to the fight being so close

This, defo blag floor seats.  You want to be first bank up for the best view.

NIZ - sad state of affairs and exactly what is wrong with the UFC pricing.  Genuine fans are being priced out of events and no doubt it will turn out half empty like the last one.  

I really can't believe that they're putting tickets on sale without announcing a single fight.  I'm not sure what they're trying to prove.  Are they giving UK fans a big 'fuck you' confirming that beggars can't be chosers and the UFC can do whatever they like, we just have to deal with it?  It's the first time I've genuinely been pissed off with the UFC.  They expect people to fork out £500+ on a blind card (transport, hotel, tix, beer, food)???  They're having a Steffi.

12/5/12 10:47 AM
Adam Miller

I just bought 3 tickets for my Dad and brother for Xmas but I had to join the fight club to get them and haven't got any code yet, sorry.

I think im 3rd row just off the floor in "tiered floor seating" in W1. Are those any good? Cost about £200 each after fees.

I'm also interested in any other fights rumoured for the card? John Joe..?
12/5/12 11:18 AM
RustyTrombone
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobinHood - This London card feels ill conceived. Like a last minute thought. It's so strange that not even one fight has been confirmed.

I would be happy with Pickett v Wineland to headline.

I know UFC will come good and we should trust Dana. But still I need some names to get excited.

PS. Notts wasn't half empty. There were lots of patches of empty floor seats. Phone Post
Pickett v wineland as a headliner?? I like watching them both fight but fuck paying hundreds for that. I understand we're not going to get Anderson v gsp headlining but surely if they want to sell 10,000 tickets they're gonna have to add some big names Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.