UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Backstage News On Why CM Punk Has Kept WWE Belt

11/27/12 1:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
897 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

F4Wonline.com is reporting one major reason Vince McMahon has been supportive of CM Punk continuing to retain the WWE Championship is worry of how The Rock would react if Punk dropped the title. McMahon was said to be very supportive of CM Punk holding on to the title at Survivor Series because he's worried if the title gets put on anyone different, The Rock might have an issue with it. A match between The Rock and CM Punk at Royal Rumble has been teased since the summer and is something The Rock agreed upon. McMahon reportedly doesn't want to upset The Rock by changing things last minute regarding his creative plans for 2013.
11/27/12 2:23 PM
armbarheelhook
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

any news on when they introducing the new WWE belt? Phone Post
11/27/12 2:55 PM
bigironmike79
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

armbarheelhook - any news on when they introducing the new WWE belt? Phone Post
Probly give it to rocky when he goes over punk. Phone Post
11/27/12 4:14 PM
pointfighter23
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Screw the rock ... All about $$ what a joke Phone Post
11/27/12 5:02 PM
Sofa King Cool
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad they kept the title on him. It's not like a couple of years ago when they changed every other show.

John Cena is like a 42 time world champion. Phone Post
11/27/12 5:46 PM
bigironmike79
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sofa King Cool - I'm glad they kept the title on him. It's not like a couple of years ago when they changed every other show.

Makes flairs 13 times look meaningless in the record books. Makes me sick. Phone Post
11/27/12 6:22 PM
Festus
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bigironmike79 -
Sofa King Cool - I'm glad they kept the title on him. It's not like a couple of years ago when they changed every other show.

Makes flairs 13 times look meaningless in the record books. Makes me sick. Phone Post
16 time!

But I remember the buildup to flair chasing vaders world title (managed by harley race) and it was built around harley not wanting flair to beat his record...which was at like 9 or something like that I believe. It was such a big deal and now look at it. Made for an awesome angle feud and match. I remember the backstage celebration wuth his kid and Steamboat, which at that time I marked like crazy them being together.

Off topic a bit but did they ever tag up?

Im sure im off on that title number but just making a point. Phone Post
11/27/12 6:47 PM
ArtMinaj

Sofa King Cool -  I'm glad they kept the title on him. It's not like a couple of years ago when they changed every other show.

Agreed.  Also when it changes so much, it ends up being in the hands of people who don't deserve it or just aren't championship material.  This makes the belt mean more.

The other belts once meant something too. 

11/27/12 7:04 PM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
512 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The WWE titles are dumb nowadays. Lol @ having two world titles, and whats more important, the IC title or the US title? Phone Post
11/27/12 7:16 PM
armbarheelhook
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

everyone knows the most important title was the one they did away with.. the Hardcore Title..! ;) keke Phone Post
11/27/12 7:50 PM
UGCTT_OBEY
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - The WWE titles are dumb nowadays. Lol @ having two world titles, and whats more important, the IC title or the US title? Phone Post
The worst part about the us and ic titles are they both are smackdown belts now I feel like they hardly get any attention on raw which is absurd now that its 3hrs those belts used to mean something Phone Post
11/27/12 8:05 PM
ArtMinaj

UGCTT_OBEY - 
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - The WWE titles are dumb nowadays. Lol @ having two world titles, and whats more important, the IC title or the US title? Phone Post
The worst part about the us and ic titles are they both are smackdown belts now I feel like they hardly get any attention on raw which is absurd now that its 3hrs those belts used to mean something Phone Post

Not surprising really.  A lot of people thought that three hours would be a good thing and they could spend more time building talent and perhaps make the belts mean something.  Of course, they just drag it out longer and put more filler in.

11/27/12 8:19 PM
UGCTT_Jay Edz
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think we all know the answer is to bring back the hardcore title. Phone Post
11/28/12 2:03 AM
G-Hands
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saskatchewan Hardcore International Title
11/28/12 9:10 AM
Roy Batty
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pointfighter23 -  Screw the rock ... All about $$ what a joke Phone Post

95% of the roster who've been on the road a few years would leave WWE for an acting career given the opportunity. The other 5% will probably end up like Benoit, Dynamite, Jake the Snake, or Guerrero. Wrestling is a horrible grind, and the state of the business, Vince's fading grip on the pulse of society, the backstage politics getting worse with fewer and fewer top-paying spots, and the wellness program making it hard for talent to be what WWE wants are all factors making it even tougher.
11/28/12 9:13 AM
Roy Batty
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Also, in all honesty, I'd bet the Rock could make more with less risk shooting one of the scripts he rejected than putting in the time to look and work like the fans are going to want; I'm sure he's putting in some real time to lift and train for this.
11/28/12 9:32 AM
BigWilliam
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whatever the reason I think it's great they have given Punk this long run. It will make the eventual title change a much bigger deal.
11/28/12 9:35 AM
512 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Totally agree^

11/28/12 7:33 PM
RoyMunson
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle -  The WWE titles are dumb nowadays. Lol @ having two world titles, and whats more important, the IC title or the US title? Phone Post

This is what i can't figure out either.

11/28/12 8:11 PM
roninthebox
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you dont got it get it!

If you dont get it........

Figure it out Phone Post
11/29/12 8:01 AM
Nonlinear

Been following Rock's social media feeds definitely looks like he is putting in the time dude is jacked.

11/29/12 10:17 AM

RoyMunson -
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle -  The WWE titles are dumb nowadays. Lol @ having two world titles, and whats more important, the IC title or the US title? Phone Post

This is what i can't figure out either.

We might find out now. Kofi V Cesaro next week on Main Event lol. Phone Post
11/30/12 10:12 PM
RICKYB
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

G-Hands - Saskatchewan Hardcore International Title
Lol , this is why I lurk here . Phone Post
12/1/12 6:36 PM
SamboMMA

I don't particularly care for Punk,but I am glad that WWE is starting to show some stability with the titles instead of just hotshotting them every other week like they used to.Its crazy that Cena and Orton have been in the WWE for 10 years and already have 10 or more World Titles to them [Cena has 12 World Tiles,19 altogether. Orton has 9 world titles,3 World titles 6 WWE titles]

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.