UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Skyrim vs Witcher 2

11/27/12 4:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gord96
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys. I picked up The Witcher 2 and Skyrim this week during the Steam Autumn Sale. Hard to resist with them being 50-75% off.

Trying Skyrim first and I think it's awesome. The open world is crazy. Haven't installed Witcher 2 yet but curious what the differences are in the game. What one did you guys (who played both) prefer? Is Witcher 2 open world like Skyrim or more 'focused'?

Thanks for any info!
11/27/12 4:55 PM
Harlow's Rhesus
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Witcher 2 is largely linear and story based, moving through chapters that take you to the next town you can complete subquests, acquire/craft new gear, etc, then you finish the story to be whisked off to the next. It is very easy to get caught up in the story quests and not explore, but really that just made it worth multiple playthroughs for me, the second time picking up side quests, trying to craft the best lewt and of course picking the opposite side.

11/27/12 5:04 PM
gord96
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the info! I have heard the Witcher 2 story is much better from what I read in a few reviews. In truth, Skyrim's main story isn't really that appealing so far, but the setting (the civil war in Skyrim) and the open world make up for that.
11/27/12 10:22 PM
Mikusoraiden
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both are must-play titles. I knew i'd like skyrim but Witcher 2 was a very pleasant surprise and I played through it twice. Phone Post
11/27/12 10:23 PM
Mikusoraiden
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont be turned off by The Witcher's difficulty, it gets easier but definitely has a learning curve. Phone Post
11/28/12 3:51 PM
gord96

Thanks Mikusoraiden! Much appreciated. I will give Witcher 2 a try once Skyrim gets a bit stale (which I can't see it doing anytime soon!).
11/28/12 4:57 PM
Mikusoraiden

I usually need a break from a Bethesda game around the 60 hr mark lol. I'll end up putting at least 100+ into a playthrough but it gets to be a chore if you don't break some of the monotony. Phone Post
11/28/12 5:33 PM
Sam Lowry
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how does witcher 1 compare?
11/30/12 12:55 PM
NHBDaddy
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sweet. I bought Witcher 2 on Black Friday for $9.99. Haven't played it yet
12/1/12 8:38 PM
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a hell of a deal. I bought it for 40 and it was worth every cent.

Now i just need to get to Dragon's Dogma. Phone Post
12/2/12 12:18 PM
Alumatine

Loved them both. Witcher 2 was much more of a surprise to me than skyrim. I knew what to expect with skyrim but didn't with witcher. Great storyline and fun challenging gameplay. The graphics on pc are awesome. Phone Post
12/3/12 11:01 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought witcher 2 sucked balls the 1st time I played it . Maybe I'll give it anonther bash soon.
12/5/12 10:12 AM
Harlow's Rhesus
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/05/12 10:21 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars - I thought witcher 2 sucked balls the 1st time I played it . Maybe I'll give it anonther bash soon.

... If you thought it sucked balls, don't bother, work on yourself first!!

The Witcher 1 i can understand, the first Act/city is slowww and confusing, but still worth it. Witcher 2 had my dick hard after the prologue.

12/5/12 10:35 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Harlow's Rhesus - 
MysteriousNinjaFromMars - I thought witcher 2 sucked balls the 1st time I played it . Maybe I'll give it anonther bash soon.

... If you thought it sucked balls, don't bother, work on yourself first!!

The Witcher 1 i can understand, the first Act/city is slowww and confusing, but still worth it. Witcher 2 had my dick hard after the prologue.

Dont get me wrong I liked it at 1st, it just sort of fizzled out for me and I lost interest. I will give it another go though because I was really looking forward to playing it. Maybe I hyped it up too much in my mind and thats why it disappointed .
12/5/12 10:36 AM
Tidbits

Witcher 2 is one of the best games I have ever played. It ranks up there with Deus Ex, Baldur's gate and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
12/11/12 4:10 AM
easedel

Witcher 2.
Skyrim is overhyped as hell. Game is hollow, doesn't feel like your character is even in the game world at all.
12/12/12 6:32 PM
Silhouette
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i just got witcher 2 towards the end of the act II now, i just cant get into to it. The story is great but the gameplay just kinda kills it for me

I hate the map system, waypoints are all over the place, too many loading screens

The combat is good though
12/13/12 12:41 AM
shootfighterbull

jv209 -
easedel - Witcher 2.
Skyrim is overhyped as hell. Game is hollow, doesn't feel like your character is even in the game world at all.

this. i haven't even made it through a full playthrough of skyrim, but as soon as i beat the witcher 2, i still wanted to know more about geralt and what would happen in the second playthrough.
I found the opposite to be true. Phone Post
12/15/12 4:27 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Skyrim is the best game I have ever played. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.