UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Turtle Beach Gaming Headphones

11/27/12 6:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Donkeypuncher
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've never had a gaming headset, and I'm ready to jump in for a good wireless set. And my philosophy is to go big with things or don't go at all.

So I'm looking at the Turtle Beach Ear Force X42. They run about $159. Looking at Bestbuy.com and it looks like the Turtle Beach XP400's are on sale for $169 (normally $219). I've been researching all day and I can't find any good reason to not go with the 400's. Anyone have experience with either?

I want a good chat experience, but moreso I'm concerned with the game sound. I'll primarily use these when I don't want to disturb others and I want some good sound.

Thoughts?
11/27/12 10:02 PM
AbbeyRoadMe
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well. I've only used the 60 dollar models of Turtle Beach so I can't speak much to the higher end.

However, another consideration for the money you're looking to spend is Sennheiser. They're known for their audiophile quality headphones, but also make some kickass gaming headsets for console and PC. Phone Post
11/27/12 10:24 PM
andyman011
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got a pair of 100 dollar one and the sound distorts when it processes too many sounds. Gears of war 3 brumaks are a good example Phone Post
11/28/12 10:36 AM
PepperUK
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try tritton warheads. 100% wireless, swappable battery and quality 7.1 surround sound for gaming or films. Phone Post
12/6/12 3:23 AM
Br0ckFnSams0n
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XP 500s, they changed my life. Phone Post
12/7/12 12:41 AM
Heywood Jablowme
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If u r gonna buy a headset either buy a cheap one that u wont care if its breaks or save $ and buy astro.Dont waste $ on any expensive turtle beach or tritton they will break within a few months and u will be stuck dealing with bullshit support.Astro has better sound quality(not by much),comfort,and build quality compaired to TB and tritton.
12/7/12 4:04 AM
PepperUK
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heywood Jablowme - If u r gonna buy a headset either buy a cheap one that u wont care if its breaks or save $ and buy astro.Dont waste $ on any expensive turtle beach or tritton they will break within a few months and u will be stuck dealing with bullshit support.Astro has better sound quality(not by much),comfort,and build quality compaired to TB and tritton.
I have had a set of tritton AC pros for a year and they still work perfectly. I recently wanted a wireless headset and bought the astro a50's. since that I found out they are not comparable with scuf controllers and dealt with the worst customer support I have ever had. They were terrible. It took me 3 months to get a refund.

I went with tritton warheads. Sound just as good. Completely wireless (something which the a50's are not). Excellent build quality, will not just fall apart as you say.

I will never buy astro again. £200 for a faulty headset and 10's of emails and phone calls and money delayed an delayed.

Also a50's when the battery need replacing you have to send the whole set back to astro so will be without a headset for a few weeks. Tritton warheads had a spare swappable battery. Phone Post
12/7/12 5:34 PM
Heywood Jablowme
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess u had the same kind of bad experience with astro that I had with tritton.Between me and my son we had 6 different trittons 2 ax720,3 720+ and 1 pro+ and everyone of them broke with in 2 months.If it wasnt speakers going out it was in line controls breaking or optical ports plastic flap falling off.Trittons r very nice and sound great when they work which for me wasnt very often.So I said screw it and bought the astro a40 2013 and I couldnt be happier.Its louder,it sounds better,its more comfortable,it can be used on basically anything and its built better than any tritton or TB I have tried.The only thing I dont like is it doesnt have SVM which tritton does.So I cant tell if im yelling when the game volume is loud.
12/7/12 8:08 PM
Bananatoles
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i bought the x41s about 3 years ago, great sound, and still works today which is a plus

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.