UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Rumor on "The Shield"

11/27/12 6:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KyMart23
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

via Raj Giri of Wrestlinginc.com

Rumors are circling between creative backstage, that the leader or the one behind The Shield may not be CM Punk after all. There is a lot of speculation that Vince McMahons wants to have a surprise behind the leader and the motives of the group. There has been no time frame talked about when they will reveal this person (s) but we can only guess it will be on the road to WrestleMania.
11/27/12 7:16 PM
bigironmike79
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd've felt better if it was titled spoiler on " the shield". Vince is gonna fuck this up n make us hate Ambrose n Rollins. Phone Post
11/27/12 7:41 PM
Starship2000
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Flair is the leader Phone Post
11/27/12 8:35 PM
The Destroyer88

Brad Maddox is the leader.(makes sense)
11/27/12 8:46 PM
pointfighter23

Flair woooooooo Phone Post
11/27/12 8:48 PM
Demolition Man
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Michael Chiklis is the leader.
11/27/12 10:33 PM
imkeithhernandez
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Vic Mackey Ftw Phone Post
11/27/12 10:54 PM
nipperusa
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock because hes jealous of the time heyman is spending with punk Phone Post
11/27/12 11:15 PM
CMX
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rock is the leader, he hired them to make sure the title stays on punk till the rumble Phone Post
11/27/12 11:24 PM
UGCTT_OBEY
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CMX - Rock is the leader, he hired them to make sure the title stays on punk till the rumble Phone Post
This is what I'm thinking to

It can be brad also

I don't think it's flair because I see him returning as the gm or with Ziggler it won't make sense having him trying to take out punks opponents Phone Post
11/27/12 11:31 PM
fryabusa
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For some reason I think they will just make Heyman the leader.  Then he can tell Punk he kept him out of the loop to protect him.

11/28/12 1:37 AM
nipperusa
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fryabusa -

For some reason I think they will just make Heyman the leader.  Then he can tell Punk he kept him out of the loop to protect him.

I like it Phone Post
11/28/12 1:47 AM
G-Hands
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nipperusa - 
fryabusa -

I like it Phone Post

& then a Punk face turn (after Wrestlemania) where he battles The Shield ala Cena and Nexus?

just a thought.

however they do it, they have to be careful to not fuck up Ambrose. That dude has "it". I don't know about the other guys b/c haven't seen them, but I've been a huge Moxley/Ambrose fan since I first learned about him via that long ass promo where he came across as a piper/foley mix. twas badass. watched more of his work, and dude can become a mega star.
11/28/12 7:29 AM
Wiggy
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fryabusa - 

This is what I figured since the beginning.

"You asked us if we worked for CM Punk. We don't and never have..."

*they take off their vests and all of 'em are wearing "I'm a Paul Heyman Guy" t-shirts*
11/28/12 10:17 AM
DantheDJ
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hornswaggle is the leader Phone Post
11/28/12 10:38 AM
BigWilliam
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It will either be steph or HHH.
11/28/12 10:38 AM
The Destroyer88

DantheDJ -  Hornswaggle is the leader Phone Post

Would not shock me. First he's Vinces' son, then he's the anonymous Raw GM, now he's the leader of The Shield.
11/28/12 11:21 AM
Sofa King Cool
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It will be Michael Cole or something equally stupid. Phone Post
11/28/12 11:23 AM
triso
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a fan of the Shield gimmick.

They should have gone with an nWo themed group. They could have given them the gimmick of wrestlers who are tired of the current state of WWE and just lashing out, and Punk would have fit right in with that group. Throw Heyman into the mix because of his relationship with the McMans and ECW folding. Brock can occasionally show up as muscle since he's a brash "real" fighter.

They could have tried to turn current WWE superstars to their cause while lashing out at officials and company men.

11/28/12 11:34 AM
Tom Lawlor
462 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should just have kept them all on NXT and broadcast NXT as the 3rd hour of RAW. Phone Post
11/28/12 11:52 AM
BigWilliam
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They have to work them into the main program or noone will care about them.

I like the idea of a group that is tired of the status quo being headed by Punk and Heyman. They are not trying to take over, they just want to fuck things up and cause chaos. Use Brock as a recurrent enforcer type. That could work nicely.
11/28/12 3:04 PM
vengence
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eventually it will come that Heyman was the onebehind them, and then will eb alligned with Punk.

Ambrose will end up clashing with Punk as he is put over and thrust in to the spotlight, giving him the push to being a major name. Ambrose will essentially fill Punks 'spot' once Punk retires. He is the future of heels

This at least a year or more down the road.

Rollins will get lost in the shuffle ala John Morrison/ Marty Janetti.

Reigns will have a spot being a samoan and the family lineage, and also being a 'big guy'. But he will always be protected in a tag team or with a stable.
11/28/12 3:57 PM
Nonlinear

I was impressed with Ambrose's speaking skills during the Shield interview on RAW.  He has charisma and out of all three seemed to be the one with the "it" factor.

11/28/12 4:34 PM
BigWilliam

Watch some of his FCW stuff, Ambrose is legit. He should have a very bright future.
11/28/12 9:43 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the ideas on here.

Flair would be solid though.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.