UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mainstream Coverage of WMMA In Australia

11/27/12 8:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RowdyBec
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/27/12 8:10 PM

This is super rare to have a mainstream news outlet covering MMA like this down under!! Positive segment even tho they didn't have an idea about the sport LOL :) Looking forward to being the first Aussie to represent in Invicta & don't forget to follow me on Twitter @RowdyBec :) I hope you all tune in to watch, whether you want to see me win or lose :) <3

11/27/12 8:13 PM
RowdyBec
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/27/12 8:15 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rowdy, this was awesome. You have such a great story...I can't wait to root for you!!!

Nice to see MMA described as art form.  The Aussies got it right!

WAR ROWDY!

11/27/12 8:16 PM
Boofhead3
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome to have you repping Aus!! When is your first fight?? I dont have twitter but ill watch your fights for sure Phone Post
11/27/12 8:18 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

female mma seems to get way more pr than Male MMA.

lol at:

"mma is great to protect you from sexual assault becuase nobody will wanna play in your gaurd if you can arm bar them".

11/27/12 8:20 PM
crowbar
751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/27/12 8:20 PM
RowdyBec

Boofhead3 -  Awesome to have you repping Aus!! When is your first fight?? I dont have twitter but ill watch your fights for sure Phone Post

January 5th in Kansas City against Joanne Calderwood :) <3

11/27/12 8:22 PM
crowbar
751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like it`s going to be a step up since your opponent is 4-0 and beat Ashley Cummins.

11/27/12 8:23 PM
RowdyBec

mmavixen - 

Rowdy, this was awesome. You have such a great story...I can't wait to root for you!!!

Nice to see MMA described as art form.  The Aussies got it right!

WAR ROWDY!

Thanks yoooou :) All 3 major news outlets in Australia down... more to come though!! :) <3

11/27/12 8:25 PM
RowdyBec

crowbar - 

Looks like it`s going to be a step up since your opponent is 4-0 and beat Ashley Cummins.

Yup... Joanne is going to be my biggest test by a country mile & I can't wait to test myself against her quality :) She said I need to prove I belong in Invicta in an interview & I couldn't agree any more :) Defeating her on January 5th will be a bigger statement than my words could ever be & I'm counting down the days :) <3

11/27/12 8:35 PM
RowdyBec

Tappinlikeshirleytemple -  Bec, did u read the article about Rousey in Sundays telegraph? Phone Post

Yup... sure did :) WMMA starting to kick off in Australia!!

11/27/12 8:36 PM
RowdyBec

Edited: 11/27/12 8:41 PM

http://youtu.be/nTocu_iwuvQ < Channel 10

http://youtu.be/aeHlES_roVs < Channel 9

http://youtu.be/nJFwPrdqB8I < Channel 7

Links to the three major news networks I've done interviews for :) Any sponsors keen?? <3

11/27/12 8:54 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sponsors need to step up and support Bec, she isn't just an awesome MMA fighter, but seems to be an all around phenomenal gal. Phone Post
11/27/12 9:09 PM
RowdyBec

UGCTT_sakurabas ear -  Sponsors need to step up and support Bec, she isn't just an awesome MMA fighter, but seems to be an all around phenomenal gal. Phone Post

Yoooou knoooow it :) I promise ridiculously stylish violence by the bucket loads!!

11/27/12 9:12 PM
crowbar

well rounded poster - Well done Bec! I'm a journo here in Perth and I know how hard it is to get mainstream coverage for MMA. Hopefully that's changing. For now, a 'cage fighting milf-of-two' will do just fine lol! Seriously though, you're doing great things for MMA in Australia and good luck for January 5!! UG will be watching

I think she`s married bro.

11/27/12 9:12 PM
RowdyBec

well rounded poster - Well done Bec! I'm a journo here in Perth and I know how hard it is to get mainstream coverage for MMA. Hopefully that's changing. For now, a 'cage fighting milf-of-two' will do just fine lol! Seriously though, you're doing great things for MMA in Australia and good luck for January 5!! UG will be watching

Yup... male MMA is hard enough to get into the mainstream in Australia so its awesome sauce that they're giving female MMA a chance :) The fact that I have so many supporters & haters in the country alike helps me out I guess :) More media apperances coming up which I'm sure all my haters will love seeing LOLBURGER :) <3

11/27/12 9:13 PM
RowdyBec

crowbar - 

LOLBURGER!! :) Spanx for all your support everyone :) FUCK THE UG <3

11/27/12 9:13 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell yah cutie... That's tremendous!

War Bec Phone Post
11/27/12 9:19 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How's the little hound doing? Phone Post
11/27/12 9:29 PM
RowdyBec

Meaty is just killin, chillin, hundred dollar billin :) <3

11/27/12 9:31 PM
RowdyBec

well rounded poster - 
crowbar - 

lol :| out of all the filth on the UG/OG this post came across creepy?

just let me bang bro, let me bang

Kicking myself I didn't blurt out JUST LET ME BANG BRO in the interview!! :) <3

11/28/12 2:15 AM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it just me, but Meisha and Rowdy Bec are both gorgeous girls who can actually fight?  I'm jelly.

11/28/12 2:17 AM
Boofhead3
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec -
Boofhead3 -  Awesome to have you repping Aus!! When is your first fight?? I dont have twitter but ill watch your fights for sure Phone Post

January 5th in Kansas City against Joanne Calderwood :) <3

Coolbeans ill definately tune into watch it!! Good luck! Phone Post
11/28/12 2:33 AM
BrunoMcGyver
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who do u write for man?

I'm from Perth, studied journalism at ECU few years ago. Used to work for the rag in Carnarvon before deciding 'fuck this!' and become a policy advisor instead!
11/28/12 2:43 AM
RowdyBec

mmavixen - 

Is it just me, but Meisha and Rowdy Bec are both gorgeous girls who can actually fight?  I'm jelly.

I wish I was as gorgeous & skillful as Tate!! :) She is awesome :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.