UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mainstream Coverage of WMMA In Australia

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/28/12 2:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RowdyBec
642 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boofhead3 - 
RowdyBec -
Boofhead3 -  Awesome to have you repping Aus!! When is your first fight?? I dont have twitter but ill watch your fights for sure Phone Post

January 5th in Kansas City against Joanne Calderwood :) <3

Coolbeans ill definately tune into watch it!! Good luck! Phone Post

Thanks Boofhead :) I hope to entertain you :) <3

11/28/12 8:37 AM
RowdyBec
642 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/28/12 8:38 AM
auntycreepyridesthemustache - great work Bec, Aussie guys/UFC barely get a mention down here
thats a really huge get to be on the news promoting your career path, well done

Slowly kicking doors in... one at a time :) WMMA is here to stay!!

11/28/12 10:20 AM
Kirik
2504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

ttt

11/28/12 10:41 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
4689 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec -

Meaty is just killin, chillin, hundred dollar billin :) <3

Oh fuck... He's the man! Phone Post
11/28/12 10:51 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
4689 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec -
mmavixen - 

Is it just me, but Meisha and Rowdy Bec are both gorgeous girls who can actually fight?  I'm jelly.

I wish I was as gorgeous & skillful as Tate!! :) She is awesome :)

Your way hotter than her luv...IMO.. AND Vix you got nothing to be jealous about... 6 months Sprawl train and your name gets added to that list.... Would be quite a Trinity of ferocity!

War WMMA Phone Post
11/28/12 12:44 PM
7titofan7
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta support aussie talent! Good luck!! Phone Post
11/28/12 3:17 PM
ss_thai
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck Bec. TTT Phone Post
11/28/12 3:49 PM
Pro Ice
2174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

11/28/12 4:12 PM
neilzy
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still great to see you doing the media rounds. Can't wait for the fight and it will certainly get more Aussies watching Invicta.

Make sure ya tell me a week or so before you fly out so we can talk fight fight again for an article ;)

11/28/12 7:45 PM
BrunoMcGyver
327 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well rounded poster - 
BrunoMcGyver - 
well rounded poster - Well done Bec! I'm a journo here in Perth and I know how hard it is to get mainstream coverage for MMA. Hopefully that's changing. For now, a 'cage fighting milf-of-two' will do just fine lol! Seriously though, you're doing great things for MMA in Australia and good luck for January 5!! UG will be watching

Who do u write for man?

I'm from Perth, studied journalism at ECU few years ago. Used to work for the rag in Carnarvon before deciding 'fuck this!' and become a policy advisor instead!

Write for the west, i studied at ECU too. Where do you work now mate?

Yeah Carnarvon would be tough!

Nice, did ya write for 3rd Degree while ya studied bro? I did all the way back in 2nd semester 07 lol.

Yeh Carnarvon not my cup of tea haha, writing for the west would be okay though, lots of ppl to network with I bet.

I work at the Department of Water in policy now. Way more laid back and more up my alley.

Anyway, not to hijack from the thread...Go Bec!! Go WMMA!! Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11/28/12 8:49 PM
CHILLITACO
702 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec -
auntycreepyridesthemustache - great work Bec, Aussie guys/UFC barely get a mention down here
thats a really huge get to be on the news promoting your career path, well done

Slowly kicking doors in... one at a time :) WMMA is here to stay!!

Really awesome to see! Nice job on the interview too! I think thats more airtime on the news than I recall any mma at all!
Even the last 2 ufc events.

Keep on keeping on. :) Phone Post
11/28/12 9:10 PM
mmavixen
1126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_El Pescadero - 
RowdyBec -
mmavixen - 

Is it just me, but Meisha and Rowdy Bec are both gorgeous girls who can actually fight?  I'm jelly.

Your way hotter than her luv...IMO.. AND Vix you got nothing to be jealous about... 6 months Sprawl train and your name gets added to that list.... Would be quite a Trinity of ferocity!

War WMMA Phone Post

Pescy,

You're my boy, but I think the first time I got hit in the face I'd want out.  But you never know, right???

11/28/12 11:07 PM
RowdyBec

Thanks for all the support & nice words everyone :) When I started posting here though I did expect a lot more trolls as is the UG standard... the welcoming has been great!! Less than a month to go until Aussie vs Scottish female on female violence in the United States... LOLWUT?? :) <3

11/29/12 5:56 AM
RowdyBec

Tappinlikeshirleytemple - 
RowdyBec -
Tappinlikeshirleytemple -  Bec, did u read the article about Rousey in Sundays telegraph? Phone Post

Yup... sure did :) WMMA starting to kick off in Australia!!

My wife wrote that article. I'm the obsessed husband she was writing about.....haha. I'm also a TV /Film producer and have some media /corporate connections. I'd be happy to try to help u out. Good to see chicks busting thru that glass ceiling. PM to follow up. Cheers Jeff Phone Post

Thank you soooo much :) Small world for you to be on the UG... your wifes article was really good :)

Any help with sponsorship & media opportunities would be awesome sauce... gotta keep spreading the word of Aussie MMA :) <3

11/29/12 6:31 AM
tiger07
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is great. Well done, Rowdy. Hopefully aussies start to see fighters for what they really are, and it starts to covet supporters from the run of the mill footy and cricket sports.

@Jeff - Haha, I read that article. Small world.
11/29/12 10:18 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

mmavixen -
UGCTT_El Pescadero - 
RowdyBec -
mmavixen - 

War WMMA Phone Post

Pescy,

You're my boy, but I think the first time I got hit in the face I'd want out.  But you never know, right???

You never know till you Go!!

War WMMA Phone Post
11/29/12 10:28 AM
Vidz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As an Australian its honestly awesome to see you pretty much being Australians representative in Womens MMA. I believe one of my friends actually sponsored you for one of your recent fights. I don't recall your opponents name but you slipped in an absolutely brutal rear-naked choke that put the poor woman to sleep.

Anyway, the best of luck in your match with Calderwood, win, lose or draw I can be certain that you'll be doing every MMA enthusiast in Australia proud.
11/29/12 1:04 PM
KickYoNuts
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

11/29/12 4:57 PM
Son of Neckbone
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do they have high school wrestling in Oz?
11/29/12 6:28 PM
rObLoCo
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Son of Neckbone - Do they have high school wrestling in Oz?
I've never seen it in the 'public school system', no idea on private schools though. Phone Post
11/29/12 8:13 PM
GroundStPound
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did you come by the nickname Rowdy? Phone Post
11/29/12 9:28 PM
RowdyBec

Vidz - As an Australian its honestly awesome to see you pretty much being Australians representative in Womens MMA. I believe one of my friends actually sponsored you for one of your recent fights. I don't recall your opponents name but you slipped in an absolutely brutal rear-naked choke that put the poor woman to sleep.

Anyway, the best of luck in your match with Calderwood, win, lose or draw I can be certain that you'll be doing every MMA enthusiast in Australia proud.

Thanks so much for the support Vidz :) Which sponsor?? That would of been for AFC in April :)

You'd be surprised about how many MMA enthusiasts in Australia actually wanna see me lose LOL :) I get hate messages every day but as long as they watch my fights I don't care... I guess they just butt hurt I get more attention than them!! One BJJ instructor from a high profile BJJ gym last night said to me "Hope you get KO'd like in your first fight you disgusting bogan bitch" HAHAHAHAHA :) <3

11/29/12 9:30 PM
RowdyBec

Son of Neckbone - Do they have high school wrestling in Oz?

I wish jelly fish!! If there was... I would of been all over it like white on rice :)

I'm getting my wrestling in with a couple national champions & a former NCAA wrestler from the states ATM :) <3

11/29/12 9:33 PM
RowdyBec

GroundStPound -  How did you come by the nickname Rowdy? Phone Post

Just look at me LOL :) My friends gave it to me years ago... well before both myself & the most famous Rowdy were even doing MMA. I guess you have say I have a Rowdy look & personality?? The fact my maiden name before marriage was Rebecca Rawlings seemed to go well with it too :)

I won't be changing it no matter how many wussy fan boys have a cry or think I stole it LOL :) <3

11/29/12 9:34 PM
RowdyBec

Front page of the UG again?? This is getting cwazazy!! Thanks Kirik & thank you everyone for your support :) <3

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.