UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Jimi would have been 70 today...

11/27/12 8:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Racer X
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what do you think he would be doing, musically speaking. had he not passed when he did?

I think the guitar would be just one thing he was remembered for. I think we would have heard his musical vision spread in many directions.

11/27/12 10:44 PM
Ali
666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Happy Birthday, Jimi!
11/29/12 3:48 PM
Racer X
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn! You and me in a ghost town,Ali.

11/29/12 5:39 PM
hugomma
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nah, I'm here too.  Happy Belated, Jimi!

11/29/12 11:37 PM
jman
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It would have been interesting to see where he went with music.

Some guys like Yngwie, basically blow away everyone with the first release and the paradimn shifts (as did with Hendrix) but I can't say that after the first 1 or 2 records, there wasn't anything new with Yngwie.

EVH for many years kept coming up with new incredible stuff.

Satriani and Vai, basically the same records over and over again IMO.

Hendrix was such a pioneer and went against the norm at the time, it would have been fun to see if he continued to get more into new sounds or just kind of kept up the incredible blues/rock thing.
11/30/12 10:38 AM
hugomma
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jman - It would have been interesting to see where he went with music.

Some guys like Yngwie, basically blow away everyone with the first release and the paradimn shifts (as did with Hendrix) but I can't say that after the first 1 or 2 records, there wasn't anything new with Yngwie.

EVH for many years kept coming up with new incredible stuff.

Satriani and Vai, basically the same records over and over again IMO.

Hendrix was such a pioneer and went against the norm at the time, it would have been fun to see if he continued to get more into new sounds or just kind of kept up the incredible blues/rock thing.

I think Jimi would've moved more towards jazz fusion.  If you haven't heard it before, check out "South Southern Delta".

11/30/12 6:29 PM
Racer X

I agree with hugomma, I think he would have gotten restless staying in the same groove.

12/2/12 9:46 PM
hugomma

Just to drive my point home: Jimi with John McLaughlin (on acoustic, which is kind of weird), Dave Holland on bass, & Buddy Miles on drums. 

12/3/12 2:44 PM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree that he would have kept moving ahead and finding new plateaus and incorporate them into his unique genius. It's really sad to think what could have been, it felt like he was just beginning to find his groove when he died.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.