UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Great posters in the history of the UG?

11/29/12 6:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MasterofMartialArts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA - 
MasterofMartialArts -  Any interesting stories of old UGers? Phone Post

Well, in 2007 7 of us got together and started the first UGGP.  None of us had ever fought an MMA match before and several of us had never even trained.

We started threads on the UG to get the event going and eventually ended up in Cincinnati, OH where we all fought on one of Monte Cox's cards then went out and got hammered together afterwards.

It was quite a group with a couple of stoners, a male nurse, a sherrifs deputy and a few other guys.  We had a really great time and all got along famously.  We even got kicked out of a parking lot for drunken sparring and one of the guys had a sweaty marine hanging on him for a minute.  Fucking hilarious.

We had to get Sourcheese a cab because he was just twisted by the end of the night.

I remember myself and one of the other guys lost our matches and went right to the guys car to smoke a bowl and laugh about it all.

We've had good times on the UG but we've also been plagued by tragedy, namely the suicides of some really good people like Adam From Connecticut, Sol Manilla and several others.

For me, the UG is a bittersweet place with some great memories but sometimes it just makes me want to put my head down and cry.  Still though, it's a community that's capable of amazing acts of compassion and kindness beneath the layer of sweat, blood and cynicism.

Fantastic. Ya'll really fought? Sounds like a grand time. Is Monte Cox a promoter on here or something? That would be cool to do, this place brings people together.
11/29/12 6:51 PM
MasterofMartialArts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted up for the story BTW.
11/29/12 6:51 PM
MasterofMartialArts

I'm sure more stories will follow, especially from the old schoolers.
11/29/12 6:57 PM
saucylv33
823 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Demoness! :)
11/29/12 6:58 PM
Rob_Tallow
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Croman and saucylv33 were my faves
11/29/12 7:01 PM
Cheggers
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jups lupes and Calo right now. The Adonis is my all time fav. Phone Post
11/29/12 7:19 PM
DreamerMMA
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator
MasterofMartialArts - 
DreamerMMA - 

Well, in 2007 7 of us got together and started the first UGGP.  None of us had ever fought an MMA match before and several of us had never even trained.

We started threads on the UG to get the event going and eventually ended up in Cincinnati, OH where we all fought on one of Monte Cox's cards then went out and got hammered together afterwards.

It was quite a group with a couple of stoners, a male nurse, a sherrifs deputy and a few other guys.  We had a really great time and all got along famously.  We even got kicked out of a parking lot for drunken sparring and one of the guys had a sweaty marine hanging on him for a minute.  Fucking hilarious.

We had to get Sourcheese a cab because he was just twisted by the end of the night.

I remember myself and one of the other guys lost our matches and went right to the guys car to smoke a bowl and laugh about it all.

We've had good times on the UG but we've also been plagued by tragedy, namely the suicides of some really good people like Adam From Connecticut, Sol Manilla and several others.

For me, the UG is a bittersweet place with some great memories but sometimes it just makes me want to put my head down and cry.  Still though, it's a community that's capable of amazing acts of compassion and kindness beneath the layer of sweat, blood and cynicism.

Fantastic. Ya'll really fought? Sounds like a grand time. Is Monte Cox a promoter on here or something? That would be cool to do, this place brings people together.

Yeah, we fought. 

It was all started with UGer Supercan, he started a thread called "I have a dream to fight, once..." where he expressed a desire to fight at least one amateur MMA match in his lifetime but he had no real training.  Just wanted to train for a little bit and fight someone who was in the same boat as him.  I replied and told him I'd fight him if he agreed to come to Ohio.  He agreed then others caught wind of this and began matching up with each other.  Next thing you know we had Gladiator Mouthguards sponsoring us and Monte Cox hosting us.

Monte Cox is a top promoter and he runs an amateur show in Ohio called ICE.  I haven't seen him on these forums in quite sometime but his screen name was Promoter.

The UGGP videos can be found on youtube if you search UGGP or UG Grand Prix.  There were 5 or 6 of these events over a period of about 3 years so you'll see fights in different rings and cages as they were done from Ohio to Wisconsic I believe and the last two were in Las Vegas with TUFF-N-UFF.  There is another in the works now that LoganClark is running I believe.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack.

11/29/12 7:45 PM
yellow wrkahlc

DreamerMMA gon make a grown man cry up in her.

11/29/12 7:54 PM
CLINTK9
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pro Ice
EatonBeever
Whistleblower
NHBguy
masatakifunaki (sp?)
damnsevern
crowbar
D241
Goldenboy
freakdaddy
Bobby Lupo
HammerHamil
Winston Wolf
INF0
Kneeblock
SuperCalo
Card
CindyO
Kirik
11/29/12 7:56 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
941 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 

DreamerMMA gon make a grown man cry up in her.

aint that a fact

11/29/12 9:05 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - Who was that troll dude who always used to argue with everyone on here. He even posted a video of him shirtless in his room, talking about how he is so much better and tougher then the rest of the members here. that guy was kinda funny, cant remember his user name tho.
Anyone know who I am talking about???
Beep@!!!

Cmon someone knows....
11/29/12 9:11 PM
the geek
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - 
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - Who was that troll dude who always used to argue with everyone on here. He even posted a video of him shirtless in his room, talking about how he is so much better and tougher then the rest of the members here. that guy was kinda funny, cant remember his user name tho.
Beep@!!!

Cmon someone knows....

You're not talking about Todd The Bodd who was calling out Matt Mitrione and making all those hilarious youtube vids are you?
11/29/12 9:21 PM
Neil Funk

Dreamer is an inspiring dude, for real Phone Post
11/29/12 9:49 PM
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - 
Beep@!!!

Cmon someone knows....

You're not talking about Todd The Bodd who was calling out Matt Mitrione and making all those hilarious youtube vids are you?

Dont think so, this must have taken place at least 3 years ago.
11/29/12 9:50 PM

the geek - 
Beep@!!!

Cmon someone knows....

11/29/12 9:59 PM
PrettyBoy
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache -
Beep@!!!

Cmon someone knows....
Are you talking about Dan Quinn? Phone Post
11/29/12 10:30 PM
the geek
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy - 
Beep@!!!

Cmon someone knows....

Gotta be Dan Quinn, but I don't think he actually posted much.
11/29/12 11:15 PM

the geek - 
Beep@!!!

Cmon someone knows....

11/29/12 11:15 PM
MasterofMartialArts

DreamerMMA -
MasterofMartialArts - 
DreamerMMA - 

Yeah, we fought. 

It was all started with UGer Supercan, he started a thread called "I have a dream to fight, once..." where he expressed a desire to fight at least one amateur MMA match in his lifetime but he had no real training.  Just wanted to train for a little bit and fight someone who was in the same boat as him.  I replied and told him I'd fight him if he agreed to come to Ohio.  He agreed then others caught wind of this and began matching up with each other.  Next thing you know we had Gladiator Mouthguards sponsoring us and Monte Cox hosting us.

Monte Cox is a top promoter and he runs an amateur show in Ohio called ICE.  I haven't seen him on these forums in quite sometime but his screen name was Promoter.

The UGGP videos can be found on youtube if you search UGGP or UG Grand Prix.  There were 5 or 6 of these events over a period of about 3 years so you'll see fights in different rings and cages as they were done from Ohio to Wisconsic I believe and the last two were in Las Vegas with TUFF-N-UFF.  There is another in the works now that LoganClark is running I believe.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack.

Fucking sweet. Wonder if he's still lurking. Was there one this year? How many years in a row? No hijack, this story is an important part of this thread and UG history, I hope there's more. Phone Post
11/29/12 11:16 PM
MasterofMartialArts

I would like to join the next UGGP Phone Post
11/29/12 11:17 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

has anyone mentioned asiapowa? that was a short but sweet troll spree done in haiku

11/29/12 11:23 PM

the geek - 
PrettyBoy - 
Beep@!!!

Cmon someone knows....

Gotta be Dan Quinn, but I don't think he actually posted much.

No lol I know who dan Quinn is. This dude was probably in his early 20's.
11/29/12 11:34 PM
wiggum
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judom and Sincityhussler add some real expertise.
11/29/12 11:55 PM
MasterofMartialArts

Whatever happened to evil yoshida? Phone Post
11/29/12 11:57 PM
MasterofMartialArts

Shantheman
Pernicious Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.