UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: The king of PPV is back

11/27/12 11:39 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

...according to White at today's UFC on FOX 5 press conference earlier today, it was great for business to have the French-Canadian holding down another money-making main event.

He remarked:

"[St. Pierre] delivered again. It was awesome, it was a great weekend for us.... It was a good show. The king of pay-per-view is back ... let's put it that way."

Historically, UFC holds its PPV numbers close to its vest. But, it's no industry secret that UFC 100, which featured St. Pierre in the co-main event and Lesnar in the marquee match, registered a record-setting 1.6 million PPV buys back in 2009 that still stands as the high water mark to this day.

read entire article...

11/28/12 12:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
God Bless Tim Tebow
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, I thought Lesnar was coming back. :(
11/28/12 12:21 AM
Poindexter
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God Bless Tim Tebow - Wow, I thought Lesnar was coming back. :(

Haha. That's what I thought as well.

11/28/12 12:40 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

x Anchor x - I'd like to know how well this card did in terms of buys relative to the other cards in the past 18 months. Phone Post
My guess is the second most of any this year, only to Silva vs Sonnen 2 Phone Post
11/28/12 2:23 PM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mainstream fans adore GSP...The bar I usually frequent for UFC events was as packed as I have ever seen it within the almost 2 years I have been going there.
11/28/12 2:54 PM
Tad Ghostal
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayweather is back?
11/28/12 3:05 PM
Clarence Parents
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goeb - Mainstream fans adore GSP...The bar I usually frequent for UFC events was as packed as I have ever seen it within the almost 2 years I have been going there.

GSP even turned my parents from horrified MMA detractors to truly diehard fans. The guy is a PR magician.

When I would come to visit them before and put on UFC they thought it was barbaric and had no interest whatsoever until I brought them up to speed on GSP (Canadians). Now they don't miss an event even without GSP.

Also people rarely bring up UFC/MMA at my workplace but UFC 154 was a way different story because of Georges.

11/28/12 4:15 PM
Jetster

Hate on Fuckers! he is the king ! :)
11/28/12 11:26 PM
kelby

my wife hates mma, but when george is on. all her friends waatch it. she tells me she will watch it alone when i ask her to watch it with us.
it's the spandex man, chicks really dig it.
11/28/12 11:31 PM
Bat21
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kelby - my wife hates mma, but when george is on. all her friends waatch it. she tells me she will watch it alone when i ask her to watch it with us.

Keep kidding yourself. What they all want lies behind the spandex.

11/28/12 11:35 PM
dogfb
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a guy tell me he doesn't ever watch UFC and he only knows who GSP is, and was extremely excited when I told him GSP won the fight.

Weird. 

12/1/12 1:28 PM
Bat21
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AvoidantMan - 
Bat21 - 
kelby - my wife hates mma, but when george is on. all her friends waatch it. she tells me she will watch it alone when i ask her to watch it with us.

Keep kidding yourself. What they all want lies behind the spandex.

too bad he bats for the other team I hear

Your girlfriend strongly denies it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.