UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gustafsson wants Jon Jones after he beats Rua

11/28/12 2:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source: Alexander Gustafsson wants Jon Jones after he beats Mauricio Rua

I'm a huge Gustafsson fan, and I do think he will beat Shogun easily on FOX, but I don't like his chances against Jones.

What u guys think?

11/28/12 2:40 AM
PTSDNA

I think most of what you say is correct.
11/28/12 2:57 AM
Strykr619

Grimreapers - 

Source: Alexander Gustafsson wants Jon Jones after he beats Mauricio Rua

I'm a huge Gustafsson fan, and I do think he will beat Shogun easily on FOX, but I don't like his chances against Jones.

What u guys think?

I think Shogun will win due to experience but if Gustafsson wins how will he deal with JBJ wrestling? 

11/28/12 3:02 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BoilerBrawnByBeatdown - well at least Jones will fight a legit LHW, but I predict after Jones beats Chael he gets another MW.
Agree with this, probably gets Machida or Hendo next. I'd love to see him compete with another lhw that's both highly skilled and big like Jones is Phone Post
11/28/12 3:10 AM
French Fries Malone
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And I want a Twinkie when I'm done cuddling with ms. Rousey Phone Post
11/28/12 3:26 AM
UK Rampage
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gustafsson is making a big mistake if he is looking past Shogun already..... Phone Post
11/28/12 3:28 AM
ender852
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gus is gonna pick Shogun apart from distance, Shogun is gonna shoot for takedowns and get stuffed, Shogun starts to huff and puff, Gus gets the TKO in round three or scores an easy decision.
11/28/12 4:49 AM
ender852
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nucky - 
BoilerBrawnByBeatdown - well at least Jones will fight a legit LHW, but I predict after Jones beats Chael he gets another MW.

bonnar 6'4, Bader 6'2 rampage and the rest 6'1 these are middleweights now?

pretty sure he means Hendo(who fought at middleweight) and Machida(who doesn't really cut weight at all for 205)
11/28/12 5:28 AM
simonpe

runster - Is that the same Gustafsson that got submitted by Phil Davis in the first round just 1.5 years ago?
Alex is a totally different fighter now (after joining Phil at Alliance). Fighting was just a hobby for him back then. Phone Post
11/28/12 6:40 AM
nobigdeal

Shogun is a shell of his former self. That being said. He beats Gus. Phone Post
11/28/12 6:49 AM
dingdong_malice

UFC on Fox 5 is going to see the return of one legend and the final fall of another, whether thats Penn or Shogun is yet to be seen.

if Gus wins hed have to wait until mid-late 2013 to fight for the title, hell have another fight until then. Jones may even have moved up by then.
11/28/12 6:50 AM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imo Gus is the current hype train. I don't see him ever beating Jones and i don't think he will be able to get past Shogun
11/28/12 6:53 AM
TheHaunted2

To be honest gustafsson took a few big bombs against thiago silva, and it only takes one from shogun, and even with fucked knees he covers distance well.

If he can steer clear gus can either decision shogun or 3rd round tko Phone Post
11/28/12 8:34 AM
gw99
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good. it looks like he might be overlooking shogun and thinking it will be an easy fight. might be putting some $ on shogun in this fight.
11/28/12 8:48 AM
simonpe

TheHaunted2 - To be honest gustafsson took a few big bombs against thiago silva, and it only takes one from shogun, and even with fucked knees he covers distance well.

If he can steer clear gus can either decision shogun or 3rd round tko Phone Post
He took one "big bomb" in that fight. Gave about 30 himself... Phone Post
11/28/12 8:52 AM
Lazer MMA

Well if Hendo wins he will not wait long so if JBJ won't fight in AUG at the latest we may well see Gus VS Hendo or Shogun VS Hendo 2.
11/28/12 9:12 AM
Phisher

WWETopTeam - Jon Jones will get embarrassed standing with. the Dutch K-1 Kickboxing Champ.

Jon Jones has Winkeljohn level Kickboxing, great for the Rashard Enanses of the UFC, but that Winkeljohn stuff , like Tiger Schulman`s kick the knee out, will not work against K-1 level kickboxers

?

11/28/12 9:16 AM
TheHaunted2

simonpe -
TheHaunted2 - To be honest gustafsson took a few big bombs against thiago silva, and it only takes one from shogun, and even with fucked knees he covers distance well.

He took one "big bomb" in that fight. Gave about 30 himself... Phone Post
No doubt about that, and you said he took 1 'big bomb' and I said it only takes one from shogun.

So whats the argument Phone Post
11/28/12 9:48 AM
cool hand Ed
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cart before the horse, IMO

Shogun is no can
11/28/12 1:05 PM
Whiskey Please

the battle of short shorts. Nair by TKO
11/28/12 1:07 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So hes gonna jab and jog? Phone Post
11/28/12 1:09 PM
shaqitup
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he wins within the distance (man i wish this fight was 5 rounds...) then i would agree.

Maybe regardless, but it depends on how impressive he looks.
11/28/12 1:57 PM
Woodford Mike
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, Shogun is FAR from a gimme.

But I would like to see Gustaffson vs JBJ. I think Jones gets a lot of mileage out of that ridiculous reach advantage and id be interested in seeing how he handles another long, lanky fighter with good standup. Suspect it might be one of his toughest fights. Phone Post
11/28/12 4:27 PM
iodio

Gustafsson won't be able to knock Rua out, he can win by decision, he's the most accurate striker, has a longer reach, but once Rua lands his hand on his face the fight is over. Test his chin, Shogun.
11/28/12 5:29 PM
dmoralesf
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who wants a name change bet? I got Gustaffson. 30, 60 or 90 days. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.