UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Win your MMA gear and apparel wish list!

12/10/12 10:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Edelweiss
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pimptasticsig -  Yes, I actually do. I train at the SSF Submission Academy in Clarksville TN. Ammy fighter (0-1) and not that great, but I'm not that bad either. Mixed martial arts has been something in which to immerse myself since I left rehab for alcoholism and drug addiction and it has really and truly helped me stay clean and sober.

I do want to express my sincere gratitude for MMA.TV doing a giveaway like this. For me it was a ray of sunshine in what could've been a very dark day. I got the email a few hours before the memorial service for my (only) sister. She was killed Friday in a single car accident and was actually 4 1/2 months pregnant. She is survived by 4 children (13,6,3, and 1) an her husband, who was my best man when I got married last May.

Thanks Kirik, Chris and all the staff here. You guys really blessed me today and you didn't even realize it. Phone Post

Dang, man. I wish you all the best during this hard time. I hope you enjoy your new gear! Congratulations!!

12/11/12 12:25 AM
scrapdo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad you won, man. Hope you got some great gear to work through some emotions.

Take care

12/11/12 12:30 AM
Leghound
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pimptasticsig -  Yes, I actually do. I train at the SSF Submission Academy in Clarksville TN. Ammy fighter (0-1) and not that great, but I'm not that bad either. Mixed martial arts has been something in which to immerse myself since I left rehab for alcoholism and drug addiction and it has really and truly helped me stay clean and sober.

I do want to express my sincere gratitude for MMA.TV doing a giveaway like this. For me it was a ray of sunshine in what could've been a very dark day. I got the email a few hours before the memorial service for my (only) sister. She was killed Friday in a single car accident and was actually 4 1/2 months pregnant. She is survived by 4 children (13,6,3, and 1) an her husband, who was my best man when I got married last May.

Thanks Kirik, Chris and all the staff here. You guys really blessed me today and you didn't even realize it. Phone Post

Holy shit, this post was something else. I was stoked at the part about training and the line about not being the best nor the worst, and the part about MMA helping you turn your life around. Then I got to the next paragraph, ugh. Best of luck in your training and with everything you're going through, not that there is ever a good time to lose a family member but the holidays are the absolute worst.
12/11/12 8:23 AM
discodrew
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pimptasticsig - Yes, I actually do. I train at the SSF Submission Academy in Clarksville TN. Ammy fighter (0-1) and not that great, but I'm not that bad either. Mixed martial arts has been something in which to immerse myself since I left rehab for alcoholism and drug addiction and it has really and truly helped me stay clean and sober.

that's good man.

good luck with everything and enjoy your gifts Phone Post
12/11/12 9:35 AM
pimptasticsig
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks guys. Got a great pair of BadBoy shin pads that will replace my completely thrashed (second) set of Combat Sports shins and a great grappling dummy that will help me take my cardio to the next level for sure. And a hoodie for good measure, although I'll admit that at first I didn't see the $200 limit and had absolutely loaded up. I probably had two grand worth of stuff. But, I've got a great wife and family and I already have most of what I want and need. Again, thanks for everything Kirik and Chris and the rest of the MMA. TV staff and the rest of my UG brethren and sisteren. Phone Post
12/11/12 11:05 PM
X_Rated
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm happy this turned out well. :) Phone Post
12/12/12 3:29 AM
KrisDonahoo
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leghound -

Holy shit, this post was something else. I was stoked at the part about training and the line about not being the best nor the worst, and the part about MMA helping you turn your life around. Then I got to the next paragraph, ugh. Best of luck in your training and with everything you're going through, not that there is ever a good time to lose a family member but the holidays are the absolute worst.
This. Phone Post
12/12/12 9:08 AM
Quik
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Six Deuce Clothing, Owner

Congrats man!!!
12/12/12 9:22 AM
Stephen Eakin
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pimptasticsig - Thanks guys. Got a great pair of BadBoy shin pads that will replace my completely thrashed (second) set of Combat Sports shins and a great grappling dummy that will help me take my cardio to the next level for sure. And a hoodie for good measure, although I'll admit that at first I didn't see the $200 limit and had absolutely loaded up. I probably had two grand worth of stuff. But, I've got a great wife and family and I already have most of what I want and need. Again, thanks for everything Kirik and Chris and the rest of the MMA. TV staff and the rest of my UG brethren and sisteren. Phone Post
Awesome, thoughts and prayers for your family sir. Phone Post
12/12/12 11:34 AM
cWa
340 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's fucking dusty in here!!! Phone Post
12/12/12 5:40 PM
bravo13
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow... I came in to say congrats pimptasticsig. Now I'm saying holy crap. Condolences and prayers on the loss of your sister. I pray that you stay clean and sober through th is rough time. I myself am clean and sober for a while now, so if you need someone to talk to, please reach out. I will send you my cell number if you need it.

God bless.
12/12/12 11:56 PM
pimptasticsig
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you guys. It truly means a lot. This has all been such a blessing. Phone Post
12/17/12 5:52 AM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just saw your post... Didn't come back to this thread cuz I thought it would die after they announced the winner. Now I see why it keeps being bumped

Best wishes to you and your family. I sincerely hope everything goes well for you going forward, I can't imagine being in your situation. Thoughts and prayers with you, bro Phone Post
12/23/12 1:17 PM
kubzilla
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pimptasticsig - Yes, I actually do. I train at the SSF Submission Academy in Clarksville TN. Ammy fighter (0-1) and not that great, but I'm not that bad either. Mixed martial arts has been something in which to immerse myself since I left rehab for alcoholism and drug addiction and it has really and truly helped me stay clean and sober.

Congrats for winning and especially for getting clean! Not an easy thing to do man, big props, good luck with your future fights and continue kicking butt Phone Post
12/25/12 11:27 PM
pimptasticsig

Thanks again guys. Today could've been a desperately difficult day, but I truly believe that all the prayers, well-wishes and good vibes sent my/our way have resulted in great joy, peace and gratitude. Humbled and thankful, brothers and sisters. Hope your day was as fantastic as mine! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.