UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nate Diaz: I'll never get a decision vs. Benson

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/28/12 11:32 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1433 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Nate Diaz recently appeared on Inside MMA, ahead of his title fight with Lightweight Champion Benson Henderson at UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Diaz on December 8, 2012 at KeyArena in Seattle, Washington, live on FOX.

Diaz believes he cannot leave it to the judges.

“I don’t think I’ve got a chance of winning any type of decision," said Diaz. "So I gotta go out there and do what I can do to try and finish my opponent, try to be the better fighter and win the fight. Either way, if it goes to a decision, I’m going to try to be the one outscoring, outpointing and outdoing him.”

Diaz's trainer, manager, and mentor Cesar Gracie echoed the remarks.

“I’ve never really seen a close decision where the nod is given to the Diaz (brothers)," said Grace. "If it’s close, they’re going to lose. “I don’t know why, maybe the judges don’t really care for them much that much; they’re brash.”

Read entire article...

11/28/12 11:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if Ben can survive a Diaz guillotine.

Hmm...

11/28/12 11:36 AM
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thsi is going to be fun regardless

11/28/12 11:39 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
1377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix - Didn't Lupo post this yesterday?

yessir and this was from early this past week on weekly. LOL.

11/28/12 11:41 AM
Mdson
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cesar rarely comes out with any smart comments, and this was not an exception. I love watching Diaz bothers fight, though and this fight is gonna be fun!
11/28/12 11:51 AM
zebers3
704 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I enjoy the Diaz bros, Nate more than Nick, but Cesar really just needs to shut it, everything that dude says is just sour immature garbage. He is the main reason people like to hate on the whole Cesar Gracie camp.
11/28/12 11:55 AM
CNDMMAFan
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed with above, that Cesar really needs to shut his mouth, he is doing his fighters no favors when it comes to PR. I mean, if you want them to be looked like just brash thug type guys great, but all the whining doesnt suit that image
11/28/12 11:59 AM
The Overseer
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate by TKO in... 3rd round. Phone Post
11/28/12 12:03 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's got probably the worst takedown defense of anyone in the top 5 LWs. Takedowns score points, I'm not sure the Diaz brothers got the memo. Jake Shields certainly did Phone Post
11/28/12 12:09 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't Noons vs Diaz 2 a close decision? Phone Post
11/28/12 12:12 PM
HogWatcher
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Wasn't Noons vs Diaz 2 a close decision? Phone Post
No. But Mike Aina was. Phone Post
11/28/12 12:23 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HogWatcher -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Wasn't Noons vs Diaz 2 a close decision? Phone Post
No. But Mike Aina was. Phone Post
I know one judge had it 48-47, and I remember it being pretty close. Phone Post
11/28/12 12:25 PM
SignsOfChaos
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody new to MMA and Cesar Gracie quickly learn why the media stick mics in his face at every chance......it's almost guaranteed he'll say something stupid regarding a Diaz. Phone Post
11/28/12 12:51 PM
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest -

Nate can't win ANY TYPE of decision?  Funny, 2 of his last 7 wins in the UFC are by decision and 1 was a 'split decision' over Neer.  So not only does he win decisions, he wins closes decisions too.

And Cesar is such an enabler.  'Oh those poor Diaz brothers just can't catch a break.'  It's great how he doesn't bring up any of Nicks 5 decisions wins, especially the Aina 1 where many think Nick lost.  Hey Cesar, when they get taken down and controlled at will, they are going to lose a decision.  Throwing their arms in the air and calling their opponents a bitch does not win fights.  Maybe bring in some wrestlers to your school.

This Phone Post
11/28/12 1:04 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SignsOfChaos - Anybody new to MMA and Cesar Gracie quickly learn why the media stick mics in his face at every chance......it's almost guaranteed he'll say something stupid regarding a Diaz. Phone Post
Yeah, I don't think the Diaz bros struggle with judges any more than everyone else. They win some close ones, they lose some close ones. Phone Post
11/28/12 1:06 PM
McBottery

Nate got screwed on the MacDonald decision.

-Cesar

11/28/12 1:07 PM
MMALOGIC

too bad Benson is planning on winning a decision against you.

11/28/12 1:13 PM
jasonhightower
799 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's just an "underdog" mentality to help keep the camp motivated. Phone Post
11/28/12 2:02 PM
SOO72

I believe Nate wins this fight. Bendo will try to wrestle control him but Nate is extremely dangerous with submissions from just about anywhere. Standup Bendo will try to use plenty of leg kicks but Diaz reach may negate their effectiveness.

This next fight card lined up for FOX is one of the better ones I've seen in a while.
11/28/12 2:10 PM
knuckleballs

I never thought the Diaz bros. were robbed by any decision; all those loses were legit loses, to me, and i am a huge Diaz bros. fan.
11/28/12 2:45 PM
kevsh
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cesar really does talk too much.

Just the other day he's saying Nick should get GSP or Silva next. Hey, Mr. Gracie, how about getting Nick off the weed and getting him to show up for press conferences before you start pushing for a huge payday?

If I'm the UFC I'd never trust this guy to show up clean and/or show up at all to put him into a main event again -- unless he seriously grows up and gets his act together.

11/28/12 6:05 PM
jack_wilshere
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest -

Nate can't win ANY TYPE of decision?  Funny, 2 of his last 7 wins in the UFC are by decision and 1 was a 'split decision' over Neer.  So not only does he win decisions, he wins closes decisions too.

And Cesar is such an enabler.  'Oh those poor Diaz brothers just can't catch a break.'  It's great how he doesn't bring up any of Nicks 5 decisions wins, especially the Aina 1 where many think Nick lost.  Hey Cesar, when they get taken down and controlled at will, they are going to lose a decision.  Throwing their arms in the air and calling their opponents a bitch does not win fights.  Maybe bring in some wrestlers to your school.

Powerful Phone Post
11/28/12 6:30 PM
SamboMMA

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Wasn't Noons vs Diaz 2 a close decision? Phone Post

Yes, with the deck incredibly stacked in Diaz' favor.
11/28/12 6:33 PM
yellow wrkahlc

circa305 - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

I wonder if Ben can survive a Diaz guillotine.

Hmm...

IDK but I cant wait to find out.

What happens if we find out, and don't like what we just saw?

Do we quit life?

11/28/12 6:39 PM
E55 Pilot
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate will stop him by the 4th.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.