UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ONE FC says they own 90%+ of Asian market

11/28/12 1:48 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

ONE FC says that through a partnership with Glory, they have captured over 90% of the market share in Asia.

ONE FC and Glory have joined forces with an exclusive partnership, further enhancing the power of the ONE FC Network.

ONE FC fighters will now be able to compete in Glory and DREAM events.

Glory fighters will now be able to compete in all events in the ONE FC Network.

Through the combination of the ONE FC Network and exclusive contracts with ONE FC fighters, ONE FC has a 90%+ market share in Asia.

Read entire Twittter...

The organizations will begin their partnership immediately, with ONE FC fighters performing in Glory and DREAM’s New Year’s Eve extravaganza. Former DREAM champions Shinya Aoki and Bibiano Fernandes are expected to appear in the show.

Glory will take care of the kickboxing side of the hybrid event, as they will be hosting their 16-man heavyweight tournament on December 31st inside Saitama Super Arena in Japan.

Read entire article...

11/28/12 4:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chris curry
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad Asia mma market is doing better. Unfortunately until there is a promoter putting on constant fights then it will be in the same position as it has been for years. When the UFC full on invades Asian mma scene with its well known fighters I think it will start the revival hopefully. I honestly think there needs to just be a non corrupt promoter pushing the fights
11/28/12 5:10 PM
dingdong_malice
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stupid question but what exactly do they mean by "asia"? are they including india + the middle east, or is it just China,Japan, indonesia, malaysia, phillipines etc
11/28/12 5:52 PM
Chromium
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

90% market share by what measure? Revenue? That's usually what is meant by that, and that'd be saying they are making over 9 times as much money out of Asia as every other MMA promotion combined including the UFC. I find that extremely difficult to believe. An alternative interpretation that they get 90+% of television viewers is almost as dubious. 90% of live gate attendance is not possible.

So what the hell are they talking about exactly?
11/28/12 5:59 PM
parker2004

Chromium - 90% market share by what measure? Revenue? That's usually what is meant by that, and that'd be saying they are making over 9 times as much money out of Asia as every other MMA promotion combined including the UFC. I find that extremely difficult to believe. An alternative interpretation that they get 90+% of television viewers is almost as dubious. 90% of live gate attendance is not possible.

Probably means that there are numerous promotions in Asia and the rest of the world, that they have a affiliation with, so I'm guessing maybe a talent exchange as well.

Might have to read the One Asia MMA Summit or something.
http://www.onefc.com/events/12-one-asia-mma-summit-2012.html
11/28/12 11:16 PM
CODELMJVG

Good one ONEFC bravo!! keep on.
11/28/12 11:24 PM
OSUkinkledmyBEAVERhole

I for one welcome our new Asian overlords, ONEFC!
11/28/12 11:55 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Fun Fact - I was in the NCR for their last card in the PI (Phillipines) - tickets were $5-20 USD a piece

They did have a good local promotional effort (bus wraps, billboards, etc.) but that $ aint gonna work internationally

12/2/12 9:44 AM
Chromium
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

parker2004 - 
Chromium - 90% market share by what measure? Revenue? That's usually what is meant by that, and that'd be saying they are making over 9 times as much money out of Asia as every other MMA promotion combined including the UFC. I find that extremely difficult to believe. An alternative interpretation that they get 90+% of television viewers is almost as dubious. 90% of live gate attendance is not possible.

Probably means that there are numerous promotions in Asia and the rest of the world, that they have a affiliation with, so I'm guessing maybe a talent exchange as well.

Might have to read the One Asia MMA Summit or something.
http://www.onefc.com/events/12-one-asia-mma-summit-2012.html

Networking with smaller shares means networking with the supplier, not the market (and even then I don't see where the fuck "90%" could come from). Nothing against OneFC but I'm pretty sure this is just a bullshit promotional thing.
12/2/12 11:36 AM
Ray Elbe
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone watch One FC star Eduard Folayang get beat last night in URCC? Wonder if he's still next in line for the LW title shot?

While Eric Kelly won in overtime, he certainly didn't look like the guy who Ko'd Jens Pulver against his opponent who was 0-1 going into the fight and was ruled a draw at the end of regulation.

URCC with 10 years of shows seems to be the premier show in Asia, while they don't have former UFC stars headlining events---they have secured most of the regions top talent--often loaning their guys to One FC events.

Will be interesting to see of Eric Kelly and Eduardo Folayang get their title shots after the lackluster performances last night.

Legends FC just announced a huge tv deal---

And the RUFF promotion in China seems to be attracting most of the top Chinese fighters not currently signed to the UFC.

Asia is on the cusp of an mma revolution--and while One FC is able to share fighters, the fact that URCC has the ability to pull fighters from announced title fights for the One FC...prolly proves more than 10% of the market is still available. Phone Post
12/2/12 11:38 AM
Ray Elbe
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PXC has also greatly improved their stock putting two of their top contenders into the UFC in recent months while expanding their TV deals.

Literally mma events every weekend in Asia nowadays. Phone Post
12/2/12 11:44 AM
smoogy
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe if sites stop running these promoter fibs without any kind of fact-checking, the promoters will stop lying to them? Just a thought
12/2/12 1:22 PM
fightsfan
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CHINA

JAPAN

KOREA

phillipines

macau

hong kong

INDONESIA

is India considered Asian market?

that a pretty significant market
12/2/12 1:47 PM
the_fight_observer
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One FC has been a welcome addition to the asian MMA scene but they should settle down with their ridiculous claims. The have held all of 6 events and are hardly the UFC East at this point.

I mean think about what Cui is saying. 90%?

Until they regularily hold major events in China, Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Phiillipines and Macau I don't consider them to be this huge pan-asian MMA powerhouse.

They have a long way to go before they can claim to be as dominant as they think they are. The UFC has been slowly building business in China and India, have just returned successfully to Japan and broke into Macau this year.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.