UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> marker help

11/28/12 1:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Royalt239
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure its been asked a million times, but... What is the best silver marker to use for a glove signing and photo signing. and then again but as far as a black marker? thanks guys.
11/28/12 3:25 PM
armbarheelhook
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use a Sharpie for gloves, posters, and 8x10 promos. However, I have found that using a Sharpie on certain baseball cards with a high gloss finish tend to smear. So you need to use a more fine point type permanent marker. Phone Post
11/28/12 6:17 PM
Royalt239

ok i didnt know if there was anything else other then a sharpie or not. but thats perfect. thank you!
11/28/12 7:52 PM
armbarheelhook
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have used a Staedtler Lumicolor pen aswell for autographs.. Phone Post
11/29/12 11:20 AM
iSsUEs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use a sharpie for gloves and belts. For round 5 figures and photos and anything else with a plastic r gloss finish I use deco paint markers. Phone Post
12/1/12 12:11 AM
JonathanJarvie

I have to say Deco's are the best for everything. You have to shake the shit out of them before you use them but they look amazing. If you dont shake them a lot before you get anything signed the signature could stay wet for a while. Got a signed glove by Jones and the sig still hasn't completely dried and I got it signed at UFC 152
12/1/12 8:07 AM
iSsUEs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's why I don't use decos on gloves. Plus if your doing multiple gloves then you have to watch where you put so they don't smear. Takes awhile to dry. Phone Post
12/1/12 2:02 PM
JonathanJarvie

I got a bunch of other guys to sign gloves with it too and they are all fine. As long as you shake it good before it will be fine. Also if you put baby powder on the gloves before you get them signed it takes all the excess oil of the gloves so the signature dries quicker. It may seem like a lot but its not and its worth it. A glove signed with a Deco just looks so much better then a sharpie. I would much rather do this then get a crappy sig with a sharpie
12/1/12 2:24 PM
iSsUEs

The sigs do look amazing but had tons of smears and alwYs check the markers for leaks. Can ruin a pair of gloves quick. I usually carry a bunch if gloves with me and get many sigs so I need sumin that dries faster and won't smear. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.