UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Ever feel like doing a Punk-like shoot?

11/28/12 6:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Son of a bitch!  I just typed out a nice fantasy shoot that could be used in the work place.

The thought crossed my mind when re watching the Punk DVD.  What if you were given the chance, or just felt like airing it all out in a meeting, or one on one to your boss?

"I have expressed concern about this before and it obviously means nothing because nothing has been done.  That's fine really, but it SHOULD be important.  Because while you may have X, Y, and Z, that means you are missing A and B and that just isn't good for anyone even if you think it is.

I also understand that you like to mention _______ when this comes up.  I appreciate your comments about that, but I really don't care.  _____ has nothing to go with ..........  Also just because you have always ______ doesn't mean that it's a good idea and to be honest, it really is a pretty stupid concept."

Then for like five more minutes.  I am not going to do the above, but the thought did cross my mind.  More of like a WHAT IF I decided to actually do that. 

11/28/12 6:43 PM
pointfighter23

I have indeed done the punk promo on my boss I stole line. I understand that I am just a spoke on the wheel and that with or without me the wheel will keep turning. Which then Caused him to flip out and I started laughing then he screamed at me " what's so funny". As I had a out of body experience and saw my self slap him in a RNC then I thought of my Wife house etc. and just shook my head and said nothing which made him look more like a goon Phone Post
11/28/12 6:45 PM
Kingofny23
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've did it back in 2006 with my feet on my VP's desk. It was pretty glorious... Phone Post
11/28/12 7:00 PM
ArtMinaj

Edited: 11/28/12 7:01 PM

That's awesome guys!  I was really just using his shoot as somewhat of a template and the spoke on the wheel thing crossed my mind.

Also when Punk said "I don't hate you John, in fact I like you.  I hate this idea that you're the best.  Cause you are not."

I was thinking more of something like

"I don't have a problem with ____ as a person and I understand that _____ knows  their stuff.   At the same though, it really makes no sense for __________ to have XXXXXX like ......."

The thing is, it's not a matter of quitting and I am happy.  Just saying that I have some strong opinions on the way some things should be as Punk did.  I truly feel that I am right about it and have brought it up.  It did change a bit, but it still isn't where is should be and there is no reason that it shouldn't.  It's not just me thinking about myself. In fact, I am really thinking about everyone involved and the end result.

Sorry to rant, long day and I thought of this as I was driving home. 

11/28/12 7:12 PM
bigironmike79
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArtMinaj -

That's awesome guys!  I was really just using his shoot as somewhat of a template and the spoke on the wheel thing crossed my mind.

Also when Punk said "I don't hate you John, in fact I like you.  I hate this idea that you're the best.  Cause you are not."

"I don't have a problem with ____ as a person and I understand that _____ knows  their stuff.   At the same though, it really makes no sense for __________ to have XXXXXX like ......."

The thing is, it's not a matter of quitting and I am happy.  Just saying that I have some strong opinions on the way some things should be as Punk did.  I truly feel that I am right about it and have brought it up.  It did change a bit, but it still isn't where is should be and there is no reason that it shouldn't.  It's not just me thinking about myself. In fact, I am really thinking about everyone involved and the end result.

Ugh!! It's simple Art. I don't know what u do for a living, but u should just follow punks lead. Whoever is the #1 guy in ur company, whether it be the top salesman, or the best nail hammerer at ur company, kick his ass and steal his title. Then u quit ur job and hold out for ur own jet and ice cream bars. So easy. Duh!! Phone Post
11/28/12 7:19 PM
ArtMinaj

bigironmike79 - 
ArtMinaj -

Ugh!! It's simple Art. I don't know what u do for a living, but u should just follow punks lead. Whoever is the #1 guy in ur company, whether it be the top salesman, or the best nail hammerer at ur company, kick his ass and steal his title. Then u quit ur job and hold out for ur own jet and ice cream bars. So easy. Duh!! Phone Post

The beating his ass thing is kind of attitude era!  I do like the guy too.  Not just as a boss, but as a person.

I think Punk's shoot was 10 times more badass than Stone Cold asking for Hell Yeahs, beating ass, and then drinking beer. 

11/28/12 9:03 PM
bigironmike79
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArtMinaj -
bigironmike79 - 
ArtMinaj -

The beating his ass thing is kind of attitude era!  I do like the guy too.  Not just as a boss, but as a person.

I think Punk's shoot was 10 times more badass than Stone Cold asking for Hell Yeahs, beating ass, and then drinking beer. 

Well don't go old school on em then. Sux that u like the guy. Be way easier to stun the guy if u hated the SOB. Gonna have to take him out for some stevewiesers and layeth the truth down on him. Always easier speaking ur mind while drunk. Phone Post
11/28/12 9:45 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went full shoot on a lady and got fired years ago.

11/28/12 9:53 PM
roninthebox
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you dont got it get it!

If you dont get it........

Figure it out Phone Post
12/10/12 1:04 AM
Stone17Wolf

I've only "felt like shooting Punk" with a gun.

Call me crazy but that is how I feel about Punk.
12/10/12 3:22 AM
UGCTT_OBEY
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stone17Wolf - I've only "felt like shooting Punk" with a gun.

Call me crazy but that is how I feel about Punk.
Looks like Gino changed his name lol Phone Post
12/11/12 1:25 AM
Stone17Wolf

Don't know who Gino is but I've been a member on this site since 2006 so I haven't been changing my name at any time.

If you are referring me as somebody who doesn't like CM Punk, then I'm sure there are plenty of OG'ers who you'd think changed their name if you are basing your response off of that.

As a former pro myself, I rarely post on this forum anymore especially since trolls always try to stir shit up thinking I probably didn't really "wrestle". I was in the business only a couple years (long enough to see that behind the bizness and promoter's are bullshit). 99 percent of the business is a kiss-ass affair and I never kissed anyone's ass anywhere. Only guys like Ric Flair made it the hard way through perseverance, talent, and patience over a long period of time. He still saw and had to put up with gay bullshit backstage but was above most of it and came out a champion. It only took me 2 yrs to see enough and get out while able.
12/11/12 3:42 AM
UGCTT_OBEY
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stone17Wolf - Don't know who Gino is but I've been a member on this site since 2006 so I haven't been changing my name at any time.

If you are referring me as somebody who doesn't like CM Punk, then I'm sure there are plenty of OG'ers who you'd think changed their name if you are basing your response off of that.

As a former pro myself, I rarely post on this forum anymore especially since trolls always try to stir shit up thinking I probably didn't really "wrestle". I was in the business only a couple years (long enough to see that behind the bizness and promoter's are bullshit). 99 percent of the business is a kiss-ass affair and I never kissed anyone's ass anywhere. Only guys like Ric Flair made it the hard way through perseverance, talent, and patience over a long period of time. He still saw and had to put up with gay bullshit backstage but was above most of it and came out a champion. It only took me 2 yrs to see enough and get out while able.
I didn't think u were Gino just saying it as a joke because the only time I've ever seen him post is to say something bad about punk he never has anything positive to say about anything
(Which I have no prob with everyone is untitled to an opinion)
It was just a harmless joke no disrespect intended

At 18yo I'm training to get into the business as well
I'm getting in shape and getting some money together and will be training at rusty brooks school in south FL
And by the way it sounds you understand far more than I do on how hard it will be for me to make anything of it and tho you feel like it wasn't for you I still want to go for it
So with that in mind I made a thread (it should only be a few down) called recommend me matches to study
So as someone with experience in the business would you mind sharing some tips it would be appreciated thanks for the time Phone Post
12/11/12 4:14 AM
Stone17Wolf

My best advice is to try something else.

Assuming you are not a homosexual that is.

Pretty much all promoter's at pretty much every level is either straight-up gay or bi-curious on some level.

Like I said it is a kiss ass business, literally and figuratively.

I had someone recommend I not "give it a try" either but he would not tell me as to why or his reason for recommending that. So being hard-headed I tried it anyway and found out what he meant during the process.

I first started training with Lou Thesz....dropped out...then later on went back and trained with Ivan Koloff. I wrestled probably 2 dozen matches and 3 times on tv (UWF and Georgia Championship wrestling).

Learning how to present a match to an audience was a fun process, but having to deal with bookers and owner's was not fun. If you do go, you will enjoy the training process but not the later stuff after you are a pro. Sounds weird but the training will be the highlight of your experiences not the actual matches.

Good luck with it.
12/11/12 1:29 PM
ArtMinaj

Stone17Wolf - Don't know who Gino is but I've been a member on this site since 2006 so I haven't been changing my name at any time.

That's nice.  So have you ever felt like going off on your boss?

Like not telling them to F off, just venting frustrations?

Maybe you are self employed, then can you remember a time when you were younger and your boss at the movie theatre pissed you off?

12/12/12 1:32 AM
Stone17Wolf

ArtMinaj - 
Stone17Wolf - Don't know who Gino is but I've been a member on this site since 2006 so I haven't been changing my name at any time.

That's nice.  So have you ever felt like going off on your boss?

Like not telling them to F off, just venting frustrations?

Maybe you are self employed, then can you remember a time when you were younger and your boss at the movie theatre pissed you off?

Last job I worked where I had a boss to respect in some way was 1985 working as a dock worker for a trucking company. I had a foreman try to blame me for a mix-up on shipping to wrong city, but it was totally his fault and I called him out on it....got in his face and dared him take a swing at me. He got scared and told me I was fired, which he had no right to do. Long story short....I later sued the company and won a wrongful firing lawsuit I was their number#1 employee for moving freight.

Since then I have been self-imployed and work for nobody or have no boss try and tell me what to do. 27 yrs of not kissing anyone's ass on any type job has suited me fine. So that is why I gave pro wrestling a try to have some sort of job that seemed relatively easy but I failed to realize all the promoter's are scheming homosexuals. Therefore later on I quit wrestling.
12/16/12 6:10 AM
Ryan Black
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_OBEY -
Stone17Wolf - Don't know who Gino is but I've been a member on this site since 2006 so I haven't been changing my name at any time.

I didn't think u were Gino just saying it as a joke because the only time I've ever seen him post is to say something bad about punk he never has anything positive to say about anything
(Which I have no prob with everyone is untitled to an opinion)
It was just a harmless joke no disrespect intended

At 18yo I'm training to get into the business as well
I'm getting in shape and getting some money together and will be training at rusty brooks school in south FL
And by the way it sounds you understand far more than I do on how hard it will be for me to make anything of it and tho you feel like it wasn't for you I still want to go for it
So with that in mind I made a thread (it should only be a few down) called recommend me matches to study
So as someone with experience in the business would you mind sharing some tips it would be appreciated thanks for the time Phone Post
Speaking from experience... a bit of advice...

Don't go to Rusty Brooks 'school.' It is actually his son Jeff "J-Dawg" Brooks' "school," and he runs it out of his backyard; in a really shitty area. Thinking about it, there are a lot of things I experienced in my time there, and I've been dying to get this off of my chest. To be perfectly honest, that place is a shithole.

Coming out of practice at 10 o'clock at night in that neighborhood felt like being lost at 4AM in the heart of crack-town. Drug dealers on their front porches, kids riding bikes throwing up gang symbols trying to flag you down to buy crack. It's a shit area that you don't really want to be in; even in the daytime, you turn down that street and into that neighborhood, the only thing that you're constantly reminded of are reoccurring thoughts like "Dear God... don't ever let me turn out like this" or, "Holy Shit- I hope I die before it ever comes to this..."

Let "J-Dawg" promise you everything- from helping setup and breakdown rings for a couple indy feds (if you can call them that... pretty sure FOW's been off-the-grid since about 2002-03?) to introducing you to 'promoters,' to getting you booked... all while he takes your money, turns around and spends every penny of it on dirt-weed (I mean fuckin' SHWAG... seriously? The motherfucker's right outside of Hollywood, FL- home to some of the nicest homegrown in South FL), then pulls you aside at the end of practice to ask you if you can pay him upfront for the next couple sessions, "because a few of the other guys can't pay up right now..." It's bullshit. The guy's a fuckin' loser; he had thirty bucks a week from a class of anywhere from eleven to twenty people. He never had a fuckin' penny. No car, no job, no responsibilities.

That kid is fuckin' whitetrash, if I've ever seen it- and I don't know why I'm calling him a kid. He's a 36-year-old man. He's ten years older than me, and twenty years older than my best friend's sister- whom he drove himself INSANE trying to fuck. SO desperate...

The best was probably the night he asked me for money and a ride to Little Caesar's so he could impress this girl. Yeah! $3.99 Pepperoni CheeseBread! You're really treating that sixteen-year-old to a five-star meal! Impressive stuff!

If you don't believe me, when you get together with him, mention 'Christine.' "Oh, by the way, Jay- how's Christine?" If you've never seen a thirty-six-year-old, wannabe-gangsta, thug-life-white-boy cry before... you will the day you dare to bring up "the one that got away."

That sneaky little sixteen-year-old vixen that wouldn't put out- just smoked his shit weed, ate his Little Caesar's Pizza... and walked off into the sunset.

The ONE highschool girl that wasn't impressed by his backyard wrestling school, his dirt-weed, his lack of both a CAR & A JOB, and his thug-life behavior...

You wanna kill every dream you ever had of working in the business? It starts in Rusty Brooks' backyard. Rusty Brooks is a good guy- it's a shame his son is such a white trash piece of shit, who will likely leech off him; with no car, no income, and no job... for a loooooong time.

...That was my CM Punk shoot. Thanks for giving me the platform and the motivational content! And seriously, you won't learn a fucking THING from J-Dawg's "school." If you seriously want to become a pro-wrestler, you're gonna have to move a few hours North of here to Tampa or Orlando. You have been warned. Don't waste your money, kid. Phone Post
12/16/12 4:17 PM
Beezulbubba
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did once. Worked at a high end furniture factory. Like $1500 for four dining room chairs high end. Place was going to shit, because they dumped a few million in a new building and hi-tech machines and systems they never got to work correctly, and management were a bunch of idiots.

I built tables and it was set up from a low base pay to earn more the faster you worked. I had to build anywhere from 4-6 tables an hour to double my pay. Anyways with the new "system" we were only getting out about five a day, dealing with scrap parts, machine and finish mess ups, etc.

Well, the management for my plant would go to the daily morning meetings with the other two buildings and paint a rosy picture. Even though nothing was going out the door. And then they promoted a guy to foreman who had only a few months in, because he would kiss ass, and when he break bell rang, if any bosses were around, he'd start working like a race horse, just to get noticed. Not a problem, but he also didn't care for me.

Well, after a few months of shrinking pay and shitty product, I came in fed up and pissed off one morning as the tables I was to build were pre-sorted by the foreman and plant supervisor and were "ready to build, so get right on it". Seems corporate was coming in to see how the new system was doing. It was a big U-shaped conveyor belt with an oven at the center. Tables then went from there to a system of rollers topped with pine slats for the tables where they packed them in shipping boxes.

Well, this model consisted off a small round drop leaf table with one center leaf. Went to put it together and it was five different colors. I refused to build it because it was garbage. Finally after an hour or two my boss came back and told me it had to be built. I built it and wrote down the barcode number as I knew it would not pass final inspection.

Later in the day the suits come through, see this pile of shit on the packing line and throw it out. The plant manager comes, back chews me out for building it. I explained that was his table he inspected from the morning that I refused to build. "I'd never" he grumbles and walks off. So now I have to take the table apart and try to find shades that match and rebuild them.

Now I'm superpissed. So my partner, who was kinda quiet, we go to get the table which I didn't want to build in the first place to now take apart after getting an ass reaming for building it.
I tell him to back off, I'll get it myself. So I yank the table of the slats so hard the slat tips up and crashes down on the rollers, making a huge dinging noise. Then I take it back to my bench and slam it on the work table, which makes a huge echoing boom. After staring at it and getting more and more angry my partner asks me if we should start taking it apart. I say I'll take it apart. I pick it up and discus toss it towards the robot belt.

What I didn't know at the time was that the overseer for all three buildings was in the robot area checking things out. he was running out to see what the the noise was about and hit the bottom step the same time the table did. This guy was always considered unapproachable by the common worker and when he walked in to a place it was always like Darth Vader on the Death Star and everyone was quiet and head down hoping to just get by without being seen.

So as he comes swaggering over, everyone else in the entire plant is petrified and anticipating the worst. The kiss-ass foreman is all smiles because he thinks I've finally gone too far. So the big boss gets right up close face to face with me, and say "Is there a problem here?" The entire place is on edge, anticipation thick in the air. Blood vessels in my neck and temples ready to burst.

I lean right into his face, and yell "Fucking right there is a problem here!" spittle flying in his face. He goes ghost white, but to his credit recovers quickly and says "Would you like to talk about it?" "I'd fucking love to."

So off we go to the office and I did my "shoot". After I leave his office, he pages the plant supervisor over the PA, then the supe pages my boss (who was actually cool), then minutes later my boss comes and gets me to go to the office. All the other workers are all very quiet since this went down. The foreman is grinning ear to ear. On the way up the stairs my boss says "WTF did you tell the big manager?" "I told him the truth."

When I walk in the office the supe has a Pepsi on his desk, asks me to have a seat, but I stood. Then say "You like pepsi, right? That's for you!" Then goes on in a roundabout way that he didn't want that table built, it wasn't the same we fought over in the morning, it was all a misunderstanding, etc. What can we do to move past it, etc. I tell him he can start by apologizing not just to me, but to all the other builders for the bullshit they put as through. "Ok, OK, sure."

When I went back to my work area the foreman was hoping I would be packing up. He says, with a smirk, "You get fired?"
"Nope."
"Three days off?"
"Nope."
"Then what did you get?"
" I got a Pepsi and an apology, because you guys are idiots. The rest of you guys (the builders) have to go to the office for your apologies."

Things went well after that, but the problems still persisted and they shut that plant shortly thereafter and shipped some work to china.

But yeah, "shooting" felt great.
12/16/12 10:02 PM
Ryan Black
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats on the free Pepsi and the apology, bro. Phone Post
12/16/12 11:20 PM
Beezulbubba
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Black -  Congrats on the free Pepsi and the apology, bro. Phone Post

No frat?!

Thanks. ;-)
12/17/12 7:12 AM
Ryan Black

Lol, not a frat to me. I enjoyed reading it, and loved the end result, haha. Plus, I just posted a pretty long frat myself. Glad to read someone elses story with a positive ending. Would love to hear more people's stories! Phone Post
12/20/12 4:19 PM
Ryan Black

TTT for more stories... and hopefully UGCTT_OBEY's response... Phone Post
12/20/12 4:32 PM
UGCTT_OBEY

Ryan Black - TTT for more stories... and hopefully UGCTT_OBEY's response... Phone Post
Don't worry I'm here lol

That sucks to here but I really don't have many options at the moment to go anywhere else
My plan is to go there just to learn the basics like how to take bumps etc.
But I'm looking for a cheap place to stay in Ocala so I can go to dory funks place or maybe the wild samoan school but that one is more expensive

Thank you for the info and I will be very attentive to j dawgs scamming

Btw when I was first looking up the school I seen his pic in the roster page and thought to myself wow this guy is prob a bitch lol glad to know I was right Phone Post
12/21/12 2:14 AM
Ryan Black

Haha, yup, that's one pathetic dude right there.

Bro, you're still very young. Work out, train your body, train cardio. Give yourself some time to get everything together, keep that goal in mind, and more options will come. I'm sure you know, everyone has a 'bump card,' you don't want to waste your bumps in that bullshit excuse for a backyard ring.

My boys and I left for all of the reasons I mentioned; but also because the ring was unbearable & unfixable. It is covered in layers of mold-infested carpet for padding, and underneath that is rotted wood and steel, there are holes all over the place.

A kid sprained his ankle and was out for two weeks because he stepped down and the ring floor caved in. Every night we'd battle with it- finding and identifying the spots that were completely unlevel and unforgiving to bump on, to be careful running the ropes in certain places.

It was bullshit, man. Not worth the money and not worth the wear on your body at all. It's fun and all- but that ring needs some serious work... and that's why we left. Jay was begging us to buy him a new ring because we told him our plans to pool our funds & buy a ring from Highspots. One day, everybody came to practice, and it was so bad that we couldn't make it work, so we didn't practice. So... that's when we quit.

Best of luck bro, but my advice- don't waste your time or your body in the backyard of a neighborhood in the ghetto... busting your shoulderblade open on the jagged edge of a piece of rotting plywood is no fun, and likely to happen there. Phone Post
12/21/12 2:38 AM
UGCTT_OBEY

I guess I got some more planing to do lol

I'm looking into getting into acting school to help me and I'm hitting the gym everyday and doing college football cardio drills with my boy who played for eastern Kentucky
I also roll with a buddy of mine and get some cardio in that way

I'm getting some money together to start my training elsewhere

The only thing is I look at kids like Adam cole and I'm like damn he's only like 3 years older then me and I feel like I'm waiting time I haven't even stepped in a ring and this guy is an roh and pwg champ
But I know I have a lot of time ahead of me I'm just anxious to get in there and do it

Once you left did you end up going anywhere else Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.