UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bedridden for 2 weeks with Fibromyalgia and RA

12/13/12 5:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck Phone Post
12/13/12 6:56 AM
fahker
499 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fibromyalgia

I thought this is what they said when they don't know wtf is going on?
12/13/12 6:57 AM
fahker
499 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Read wheat belly go organic too.
12/13/12 7:33 AM
Loser Born Natural
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck.
I hope you feel better! Phone Post
12/13/12 7:45 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
OP should go on a gluten free diet right away. Replace grain and milk products with green smoothies, veggies and fruit.

Doctors and medicines can help you but there's also a lot that you can do yourself to speed up the recovery.
12/13/12 1:42 PM
Vancouver BJJ
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eat marijuana, just do it. It will help you eat, rest and subdue some of the pain. Phone Post
12/13/12 1:58 PM
tourist
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My Mom has had RA for 45 years or so. She was diagnosed around age 40 and is now 85. Her poor body is twisted and gnarled at this age, but she still plugs along and is still mentally sharp.

There are some people giving advice about diet on here, and that is probably sound. I knew a guy who had been a competitive body builder and was getting a PhD in nutrition. He was in his 40's and had RA.

He had researched it and had great personal success with doing an elimination diet, which is popular RA treatment in Scandinavian countries. On this program, you basically start out with a healthy fast to give your nutritional system a reset. Once the system is reset (setting up a baseline), you then add one food type per day. It almost always starts off with simple proteins, like egg white. You keep adding a food type like this each day, until you hit something that triggers inflammation - and then you eliminate that food type from your diet forever. there are blood tests that measure the amount of inflammation in your system. If you add a food that moves your inflammation away from the baseline - then you assume you are alergic to it on some level.

According to this guy I knew who had done it, you often end up with something similar to a caveman diet. Basic proteins and vegetables, without much starch/sugar or processed foods.

Anyway, RA is a tough disease and you are in this for the long haul. Your lucky in that there is more knowledge and treatment options now than when my Mom was diagnosed.

12/13/12 2:00 PM
tourist
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vancouver BJJ -  Eat marijuana, just do it. It will help you eat, rest and subdue some of the pain. Phone Post

This is probably a good idea for many reasons.
12/13/12 2:18 PM
tourist

Here is some basic info. Notice the part in the first link about the elimination diet.

http://www.nutritionmd.org/health_care_providers/bone_joint_diseases/arthritis_nutrition.html

More on the elimination diet. I'm not recommending their book, but the info on this page is good:

http://www.nourishingmeals.com/p/elimination-diet.html
12/13/12 2:21 PM
tourist

At one point, my Mom was doing some type of treatment where they fucking injected gold into her blood. She would get shots of real metallic gold right into her arm. That freaked me out.
12/13/12 2:31 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fibromyalgia is the diagnosis they give when they don't know what's wrong with you iMO.

My MRI's show all sorts of little things (SI joint arthirtic changes, few bulges)  nobody can pinpoint wtf is wrong with my back - at least noone seems to agree. One doctor tried to call it fibro - I promptly left his practice. I dunno if fibro really exists, but it's a diagnosis I do not want associated with.

12/13/12 3:22 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like everyone's input on here.

I didn't want to share my story, but my mom was diagnosed with it when I was young and always thought it was due to her depression and other mental probs.

I personally, was bed ridden last year for about 8-10 months (8-9 learning to walk again and 9-10 walking without a walker, crutches, or wheelchair).

Oh, and it had nothing to do with said disease. Phone Post
12/13/12 3:28 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants

ConditJustGSPeedHisPants - I like everyone's input on here.

I didn't want to share my story, but my mom was diagnosed with it when I was young and always thought it was due to her depression and other mental probs.

I personally, was bed ridden last year for about 8-10 months (8-9 learning to walk again and 9-10 walking without a walker, crutches, or wheelchair).

Oh, and it had nothing to do with said disease. Phone Post
it took me months due to little $ and other probs. Mostly bi-polar, depression, and addiction which I'm still battling and can tell you OP, it's mostly all mental. Phone Post
12/13/12 3:37 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants

tourist -
Vancouver BJJ -  Eat marijuana, just do it. It will help you eat, rest and subdue some of the pain. Phone Post

This is probably a good idea for many reasons.
Yes!
Not for me anymore but does help others and support it.
I smoked it from 12-18 and it's not for me anymore.
Helps certain people in certain ways. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.