UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BAN Clay Guida from UFC? Yes or No?

11/29/12 10:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RickStorm
1630 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

It appears OP has been iced from vote downs

11/29/12 10:37 AM
mmavixen
1110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've always been a huge Guida fan.  Was I disappointed watching the Maynard fight?  Of course.  Do I miss the Clay of old, the Diego vs Guida Clay? Hell yes.  But to call for a ban of the guy, essentially as him to be fired, is downright insane (or just another day in the UG).

11/29/12 10:44 AM
caseharts
405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ken Wayne Shamrock - Watching Clay Guida RUN FROM Gray Maynard THE ENTIRE FIGHT influenced me to feel extremely disturbed and sick to my stomach. Why? Clay WAS my favorite fighter to watch until Greg Jackson turned him into an Ultimate Runner worse than Kalib Starnes. I'm curious what the rest of you MMA fans think: Should Clay Guida be banned from the UFC for running away all 5 rounds of a Championship-style fight? Yes or No. Also, please feel free to share your opinions on why you think Clay Guida SHOULD or shouldn't be banned from UFC. Afterall, sharing is caring. ^_^
Phone Post
11/29/12 10:58 AM
ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/29/12 11:05 AM
RickStorm
1630 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
mmavixen - 

I've always been a huge Guida fan.  Was I disappointed watching the Maynard fight?  Of course.  Do I miss the Clay of old, the Diego vs Guida Clay? Hell yes.  But to call for a ban of the guy, essentially as him to be fired, is downright insane (or just another day in the UG).

Yep.. This is how I feel as well, and it's both insane and another day on the UG =)

11/29/12 11:44 AM
jimbonice

Archer0545 -
JakeTheMuss - Ban Ken Wayne Shamrock from the UG? Yes or No?

This Phone Post
I'm in. Phone Post
11/29/12 11:46 AM
Broder

Not no, but hell no.
11/29/12 11:55 AM
sitchpack

Condit also ran. Phone Post
11/29/12 12:18 PM
Balance

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
DreamerMMA -

It was an unusual style for Clay Guida to be sure but his normal come at you and brawl style would have been a terrible mistake against Gray Maynard who is a better striker and a better wrestler IMO.

Clay Guida was getting in, getting off some shots, then getting back out which was smart.

Maybe not the most exciting style, and it certainly pissed of Maynard who was expecting an all out war, but effective nonetheless.

I was actually impressed with Guida's patience and gameplan.  He actually frustrated and confused Gray Maynard and that's not easy to do.

Disagree, his best chance was to make it a bit of a brawl, push the pace, force Maynard to work and then use his superior cardio to win the fight in the later rounds. Phone Post

I agree with your disagreement. I don't understand the game plan. If Clay could have pushed the pace and managed to keep the wrestling and striking exchanges at close to neutral for the first round and a half (guess they were afraid he couldn't keep it neutral?), his cardio would have made the difference.
11/29/12 1:20 PM
Knuckle Punch
327 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy crap, 1 less than entertaining fight after how many good fights and you're calling for a ban. Gtfo

Lets see how is next fight goes before we label him a bore Phone Post
11/29/12 1:22 PM
Knuckle Punch
327 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knuckle Punch - Holy crap, 1 less than entertaining fight after how many good fights and you're calling for a ban. Gtfo

And also if you think that was worse than the Kalib Started fight you need to give your head a shake Phone Post
11/29/12 1:36 PM
HandyDarsh
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm -
mmavixen - 

Yep.. This is how I feel as well, and it's both insane and another day on the UG =)

. Phone Post
11/29/12 4:38 PM
Son of Neckbone
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knuckle Punch - 
Knuckle Punch - Holy crap, 1 less than entertaining fight after how many good fights and you're calling for a ban. Gtfo

And also if you think that was worse than the Kalib Started fight you need to give your head a shake Phone Post

I agree, but to call that fight less than entertaining is by far the kindest way to put him avoiding all conflict for the duration of what was supposed to be a fight.

I think his next fight vs Hioki (sp?) in a month or so has got to be an improvement, and he has taken so much flack that he'll let his nuts hang a bit.
11/29/12 6:41 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Archer0545 - 
UGCTT_mousetrap -
ChaosOverkill -
Archer0545 - 

This Phone Post

this

This Phone Post
This again! Phone Post

this.
11/29/12 6:44 PM
DreamerMMA
435 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator
Balance - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
DreamerMMA -

It was an unusual style for Clay Guida to be sure but his normal come at you and brawl style would have been a terrible mistake against Gray Maynard who is a better striker and a better wrestler IMO.

Clay Guida was getting in, getting off some shots, then getting back out which was smart.

Maybe not the most exciting style, and it certainly pissed of Maynard who was expecting an all out war, but effective nonetheless.

I was actually impressed with Guida's patience and gameplan.  He actually frustrated and confused Gray Maynard and that's not easy to do.

Disagree, his best chance was to make it a bit of a brawl, push the pace, force Maynard to work and then use his superior cardio to win the fight in the later rounds. Phone Post

I agree with your disagreement. I don't understand the game plan. If Clay could have pushed the pace and managed to keep the wrestling and striking exchanges at close to neutral for the first round and a half (guess they were afraid he couldn't keep it neutral?), his cardio would have made the difference.

I totally see where you guys are coming from with the out brawl and out cardio style Guida usually has.

I just feel that Maynard can brawl as good as anyone plus I think he has more KO power in his hands than Guida so a brawl would have favored Maynard.  Plus, Maynard is likely the better wrestler and brawling leaves you open to takedowns more.  Guida did not want a bigger, stronger Maynard putting him on his back and chipping away at him.

While not terribly exciting, Guida's strategy did make a kind of sense even if it didn't play out the way he wanted it to.  Maynard wanted the brawl and was looking forward to it....expecting it even so it was a surprise to everyone that Guida didn't want to play that way for this round.

I think calling for a ban/cut of Guida is harsh though.  That man has put out some amazing fights in his career and Maynard can make anyone look bad on any given day. 

I just think it's back to the drawing board for Guida.  I'm honestly excited to see how he adjusts for his next fight.

11/29/12 7:30 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Archer0545 - 
UGCTT_mousetrap -
ChaosOverkill -
Archer0545 - 

This Phone Post

this

This Phone Post
This again! Phone Post

I say don't ban Ken Wayne Shamrock from the UG... but V him TFD to the red worse than CRE.

11/29/12 7:30 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Archer0545 - 
UGCTT_mousetrap -
ChaosOverkill -
Archer0545 - 

This Phone Post

this

This Phone Post
This again! Phone Post

I say don't ban Ken Wayne Shamrock from the UG... but V him TFD to the red worse than CRE.

11/29/12 7:54 PM
omlet de fromage

Nothing! Was worse than Kalib Starnes. Phone Post
11/29/12 8:35 PM
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it was clearly a game plan - his balls to the wall scrap till you drop style may be great for us fans, but that wont do him any good when he gets "Cut"... he has to make a living

it seems to me that someone pulled him aside and said something like "a couple of those fights were real close, you could have got the W if you just played it a little bit smarter"

better to play smarter and squeeze out a couple of wins, than get cut and it's over..

didnt quiet work out as he got the fans upset and STILL didn't get the win... but my guess is he will stick with this new game plan for a while
11/30/12 8:29 PM
leifdawg
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ken Wayne Shamrock - Watching Clay Guida RUN FROM Gray Maynard THE ENTIRE FIGHT influenced me to feel extremely disturbed and sick to my stomach. Why? Clay WAS my favorite fighter to watch until Greg Jackson turned him into an Ultimate Runner worse than Kalib Starnes. I'm curious what the rest of you MMA fans think: Should Clay Guida be banned from the UFC for running away all 5 rounds of a Championship-style fight? Yes or No. Also, please feel free to share your opinions on why you think Clay Guida SHOULD or shouldn't be banned from UFC. Afterall, sharing is caring. ^_^

That fight was pretty annoying, but I don't understand why it took people so long to see that Guida is a boring point fighter.
11/30/12 8:36 PM
RKing85
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never been a fan of Clay. Even back when a lot of people though he was super exciting, I just didn't see it.
11/30/12 8:39 PM
UGCTT croy_00
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache -
Archer0545 - 
UGCTT_mousetrap -
ChaosOverkill -
Archer0545 - 

This Phone Post

this

This Phone Post
This again! Phone Post

this.
This. Phone Post
11/30/12 8:53 PM
leifdawg
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RKing85 - Never been a fan of Clay. Even back when a lot of people though he was super exciting, I just didn't see it.

Glad I'm not the only one.

I don't expect fighters to finish in every fight, but I would like to see them at least trying to.
11/30/12 8:56 PM
Masakyst
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh wow, I actually forgot that fight happened. Some people still whine about it?
12/1/12 12:51 AM
stonepony

No you shouldn't ban a fighter for having a brain. Maybe you need to watch retards hit each other with folding chairs in fake-wrestling?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.