UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BAN Clay Guida from UFC? Yes or No?

12/1/12 1:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe that fight was not about a win or lose that night but part of a bigger picture.

Maybe jacksons plan was there to force guida to break some bad habits and just get him to practice certain movement in an actual fight.

The same way that someone like a silva might not finish a fight right away but rather work for the full five rounds just to grt a taste of real combat for five rounds after years of first and second round finishs.

That night might have been an intentional loss that sucks for the short tern but lobg term might reinforce whatever jackson was trying to instill in guida.

Maybe greg jackson is betting on the fights and gave guida a lemon plan ao he could make bank in vegas. Phone Post
12/1/12 1:24 AM
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gobulcoque - Guida is always terribly boring. Only time he's exciting is when he's getting beat on. Sanchez/Guida first round was awesome cause of this, then he spent the next two rounds trying to blanket Diego.

And he had no shot trying to brawl or wrestle with Maynard. How he fought was the only chance he had at winning and not getting KO'ed or laid on.
Thi. Especially the fist part, he's always been boring Phone Post
12/1/12 2:59 AM
aluminum_rooster

Ban Guida?

first, he didnt win that fight, BUT NEITHER DID GRAY.

No he shouldn't be banned but OP you are outta line.
12/1/12 3:03 AM
yellow wrkahlc

aluminum_rooster - Ban Guida?

first, he didnt win that fight, BUT NEITHER DID GRAY.

No he shouldn't be banned but OP you are outta line.

Pretty sure Gray won, fren.

Deal with it.

12/1/12 3:03 AM
yellow wrkahlc

TenOfSwords - 

Because he has moved down to 145 he shouldn't be banned.

But if he had stayed at 155, he should have been?

1/29/13 12:10 AM
Wen Sayne Khamrock

Edited: 01/29/13 12:42 AM
Happy New Year MMA UnderGround!

I hate to say I told you so, but it appears I was WAY AHEAD of the curve of haters when posting this thread about Clay Guida's run-away 'fight style,' so HA I WIN! :)

I was really looking forward to Clay Guida redeeming himself in his recent UFC fight, but after reading the fight was a Judges Decision and other fans complaining, I felt like watching another point-and-run fight would waste my time.

Those of you who saw the fight, do you think it's worth watching and what's your thoughts on fans calling for Clay Guida's "cut" or "banning" from UFC?
1/29/13 12:41 AM
DreamerMMA
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

His most recent fight wasn't bad, I enjoyed it.

I can't blame Guida for getting a lot of decisions.  He seems to get matched with some of the hardest guys to stop in the division and on the flip side people aren't stopping Guida too often either, the guy is stupidly tough.

I still enjoy his fights.

1/29/13 1:04 AM
IHangFromBJsBallSack

Shut the fuck up if you haven't seen the fight.
HiokiI'm a sucker for Japanese fighters. Phone Post
1/29/13 1:58 AM
DaddyGorg

He stopped 20 guys.
2/8/13 6:45 PM
Wen Sayne Khamrock

DaddyGorg - He stopped 20 guys.

and Clay Guida has been running ever since in the UFC Octagon. What is your point?
2/8/13 6:54 PM
Gullivers Travels
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/08/13 6:55 PM
YEP! Will never get the belt and no longer offers any entertainment. I have to hope he gets finished in every fight, otherwise we know exactly how it's going to play out.
2/10/13 12:42 PM
Wen Sayne Khamrock

Gullivers Travels - YEP! Will never get the belt and no longer offers any entertainment. I have to hope he gets finished in every fight, otherwise we know exactly how it's going to play out.

Guiilvers Travels,

I totally see your point, so it begs the question why is Clay Guida still entering the UFC Octagon cage if he is unwilling to engage his opponents for a FINISH victory?
2/10/13 1:50 PM
xXJayRobXx
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think it's fair to "ban" or fire him because he's not an exciting fighter, or because he runs away like he's got sand in his vagina. Or because the implementation of his Clay n Pray gameplan usually equates to a boring as fuck fight. I do think that he should be put on the undercard untill he can up his game. It's how he makes a living. It's how he feeds a family and he's still a really nice guy who's friendly to the fans outside the cage. Phone Post
2/10/13 2:23 PM
ShawnTheBadger
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

An emphatic "no" to banning Guida.

He had to reset and refocus in order to provide "less exciting" fights and more "wins." Come in with a better plan than just "be exciting at any cost." They guy wants a Belt, not just to be an "exciting gate-keeper."

He also had to adapt to dropping to 145.

While he was re-setting his strategy, and during his drop to 145, he fought Gomi and Pettis. Then fought Henderson (FOTN) and Maynard. Finally at 145-pounds he fought Hioki.

That is a Murderers Row Of Murderers Row line-up of fights during a transition phase of Clays career. Top-of-the-foodchain fights.

A career in which he has won FOTN five (5) times, and SOTN twice (2X).

Out of his forty (40) fights, you detractors are bitching about his performance in the his last two (2) fights?!?

Such short attention spans on display from a bunch of whining fair-weather-fans.

2/10/13 3:28 PM
Oprahs Queefs Are My Air Supply
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just put him on the first facebook prelim so we can all have a bit of a grace period to get the grub prepared, smoke break out of the way, etc.

Then if the fight is somehow exciting due to the other person bringing the fight to Guida they can show it later on.

2/10/13 4:01 PM
Lobo8

As long as he doesnt take away any ppv spots im alrite with him. Keep his boring ass on the prelims.
2/10/13 5:23 PM
Bubba Stuckey
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You want him off, you beat him off!
2/10/13 5:34 PM
3 strikes
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bubba Stuckey - You want him off, you beat him off!

Dana agrees with this.
2/10/13 5:40 PM
TheRaider
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the idea of putting him on the FB prelims against some up and coming finishers.
2/10/13 6:11 PM
Louisvillain
407 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NO

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.