UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Recommend me matches to study

11/29/12 6:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_OBEY
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As some if you know I made a thread a few months ago about presuming a career in pro wrestling

I have had a few setbacks due to family issues over the last few months but it will not stop me from achieving my dream I am still in the process of completely changing my life around to improve my nutrition and strength also working on the 6 pac (because we all know that gets you places lol)

I have found the school I will be attending I will be going to Four Star Championship Wrestling School of Hard Knocks
With head trainer Rusty Brooks
And after the first year I'm hoping to travel a little north and maybe attend dory funk's school

But in the mean time I'm looking for your input on the best possible matches I should watch study and learn from
any recommendation will be helpful

Thank you Phone Post
11/29/12 9:54 AM
pointfighter23
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well overall I would say dig back in 80's. I know that when I wrestled for newmidwest wrestling out of Springfield il I liked to watch flair vs steamboat there is also good match with Tito Santana vs macho man. As much as I love hogan stay away from him as far as timing and wrestling ability flair. Promo work I liked old foley, raven jake the snake. The main thing is its all about the roller coaster effect and all u wanna do is take the fans for a ride. Phone Post
11/29/12 10:50 AM
Roy Batty
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How big a guy are you and what style do you see yourself wrestling? That'd help with recommendations. Having said that, watch some Volk Han and Toshiaki Kawada matches; anyone wanting to wrestle should see that stuff. Kawada's best singles stuff overall was, IMO, against Misawa, and his tags with Taue against ANY combo of Misawa, Kobashi, and Akiyama are just epic. You can't go wrong with Kawada against Kobashi, Hansen, Tsuruta, or Williams, either.
11/29/12 10:55 AM
Roy Batty
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kawada also had BADASS quasi-shoot-style matches with Takayama -- yes, the guy who fought in PRIDE -- and Albright.
11/29/12 11:10 AM
Roy Batty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4qJ-Gefqj0

Here's a fun little Kawada match. You should steal the "stretch plum" hold -- named for Plum Mariko -- which just looks agonizing.
11/29/12 11:16 AM
Roy Batty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jciBMV0Jk78

Here's another another fun short Kawada match. I love how he made EVERY match seem special. The way he works the half-crab is just art.
11/29/12 11:57 AM
TheBearStare
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benoit vs regal at the pilman memorial. Used to be shown a lot to trainees
11/29/12 2:39 PM
UGCTT_OBEY
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the help so far

Roy as for how I look I'm about 6'3 240 (getting to 220) with broad shoulders and long blind hair sort of a stocky build think mr perfect mixed with a tan sheamus

As my style I'm looking to take pieces from each school I go to and put them together
But any recommendations will be appreciated on what you guys think could be best suiting and ill try and implement it into my style Phone Post
11/29/12 2:42 PM
UGCTT_OBEY

UGCTT_OBEY - Thanks for the help so far

Roy as for how I look I'm about 6'3 240 (getting to 220) with broad shoulders and long blind hair sort of a stocky build think mr perfect mixed with a tan sheamus

As my style I'm looking to take pieces from each school I go to and put them together
But any recommendations will be appreciated on what you guys think could be best suiting and ill try and implement it into my style Phone Post
*blonde hair* Phone Post
11/29/12 4:41 PM
edward nigma
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How bout Bret hart vs Shawn michaels ironman match
11/29/12 5:13 PM
roninthebox
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you dont got it get it!

If you dont get it........

Figure it out Phone Post
11/29/12 5:54 PM
Bladefist
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If your a big dude - look at some old Razor Ramon matches. Good ones to watch are vs. Shawn Micheals and vs. Diesel for the IC title.

If your a smaller dude - Super Crazy vs. Tajiri ECW matches. Those were some of my absolete favorites
11/29/12 6:31 PM
Roy Batty

Cool, you're big enough to have Jumbo Tsuruta as an influence. Start off with his matches with guys like Flair, Brisco, and Bockwinkel -- the more old-school American-style stuff -- and then go forward chronologically; you definitely want his stuff vs. Choshu, Hansen, Brody, Misawa, and Kawada. I'm not sure Jumbo wasn't the best wrestler well over 6' ever.
11/29/12 6:48 PM
UGCTT_OBEY

Thanks for the help will vu everyone when I get to computer

Don't know much about jumbo Will look up the matches when I get home Phone Post
11/29/12 8:23 PM
TheBearStare
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What wrestlers do you currently like and want to emulate? Do you want to be a good wrestler or a wwe superstar? Makes a big difference on what stuff you should watch. Phone Post
11/29/12 8:53 PM
grizz632
364 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some good suggestions so far, especially the Jumbo suggestion. I'll try to find some good matches online. Also, if you want, I'll hook you up with some best of comps and other DVDs to get you started Phone Post
11/29/12 8:54 PM
UGCTT_OBEY

TheBearStare - What wrestlers do you currently like and want to emulate? Do you want to be a good wrestler or a wwe superstar? Makes a big difference on what stuff you should watch. Phone Post
I want to be a wwe superstar first and foremost but in doing that I want to be not just a good wrestler but one of the best I want to be a phenomenal in ring performer not a five moves of doom powerhouse

Out of current wrestlers that I would want to emulate I don't see a full wrestler I would want to see myself as
I would like to dissect a lot of top performers not just in the wwe but in other promotions roh, tna, njpw, etc

If I was to have to pick a current wrestler to emulate i couldn't I'd want some skills of steen, Ziggler, D-bry, tanahashi, but not one full person Phone Post
11/29/12 8:56 PM
UGCTT_OBEY

In other words I don't want to just fit the mold I want to have a aspect of originality Phone Post
11/29/12 9:13 PM
UGCTT_OBEY

grizz632 - Some good suggestions so far, especially the Jumbo suggestion. I'll try to find some good matches online. Also, if you want, I'll hook you up with some best of comps and other DVDs to get you started Phone Post
Ya I'm really liking jumbo seeing as I wasn't even close to being a live when he was doing his thing I never even knew who he was till now I think he could be my main influence but as said earlier I'm still looking to take pieces and make something original

Posting matches would be really helpful thank you if you find anything

And as for the DVDs that would also be helpful and appreciated are they something to download or are they your possessions Phone Post
11/29/12 9:25 PM
TheBearStare

One awesome idea u should steal is a knee drop off the top rope. Rick rude did it to chono back.in the early 90s and it was one of the most vicious things i ever saw. it was used as a match ender. So basic but so painful looking. Havent seen anyone else do it. Phone Post
11/29/12 9:33 PM
grizz632
364 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_OBEY -
grizz632 - Some good suggestions so far, especially the Jumbo suggestion. I'll try to find some good matches online. Also, if you want, I'll hook you up with some best of comps and other DVDs to get you started Phone Post
Ya I'm really liking jumbo seeing as I wasn't even close to being a live when he was doing his thing I never even knew who he was till now I think he could be my main influence but as said earlier I'm still looking to take pieces and make something original

Posting matches would be really helpful thank you if you find anything

And as for the DVDs that would also be helpful and appreciated are they something to download or are they your possessions Phone Post
I'll burn some copies for you and send them to you. I've done it for a bunch of guys on here before. I've got a shit-ton of stuff, so odds are if you're looking for something particular I've got something Phone Post
11/29/12 9:42 PM
UGCTT_OBEY

ill pm my info to you now

11/29/12 9:51 PM
Radio Raheem
1317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everybody breaking into the business should be required to watch the Ricky Morton vs Ric Flair cage match.

Not just the match itself, but the build up, the promos, attacking Morton in the back and rubbing his face in the concrete floor. One of the best heal vs babyface in peril matches, ever. IMO 

11/29/12 11:40 PM
grizz632

UGCTT_OBEY - 

ill pm my info to you now

Got it.  I'll get some stuff together for you this weekend.  In the meantime, I'd highly recommend grabbing this week's free DVD download from IVP Videos.  Mutoh in his prime was as good as they come, and the first three matches on that disc should be well worth your time

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=9570?osCsid=1b1b223ec55cc0d97d65f4c2902b7b43

Best of Great Muta V.1

• The Great Muta vs. Hiroshi Hase (9/14/90)
  • The Great Muta vs. Rick Steamboat (9/30/90)
  • The Great Muta vs. Sting (3/21/91)
  • The Great Muta/TNT (Savio Vega) vs. RW Hawk/Kensuke Sasaki (7/19/91)
  • Keiji Mutoh vs. Strong Machine (Junji Hirata) (8/25/91)
  • The Great Muta vs. Tatsumi Fujinami (9/23/91)
  • The Great Muta/Sting vs. Rick & Scott Steiner (1/4/92)
  • The Great Muta vs. Scott Norton (8/28/97)
11/30/12 12:01 AM
Bobcats On Booze
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Melina vs Alicia Fox Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.