UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rener Gracie: "Anderson Silva is such a big guy"

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/29/12 9:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
2494 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/29/12 9:25 AM

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/11/29/3702788/rener-gracie-breaks-down-gsp-vs-anderson-silva

"(Anderson)'s a tall, strong guy... (GSP vs. Anderson Silva) would have to be at a catch weight, whatever they agree on. It doesn't change the fact that Anderson is still such a naturally bigger person, and that's going to have a huge effect, I think. The last time these type of differentials were seen in the UFC was when there were no weight classes. In that regard, I think Anderson will have the advantage."

More at link...

11/29/12 9:45 AM
Son of Neckbone
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Licorice.
11/29/12 9:45 AM
Son of Neckbone
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Licorice.
11/29/12 9:49 AM
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, no, they the same size.

_The two blind mice/Orcus&LittleNinja
11/29/12 9:51 AM
Tad Ghostal
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The last time these type of differentials were seen in the UFC was when there were no weight classes."

I doubt it's that much of a difference. % wise it's probably the same as BJ vs GSP or Anderson vs Forrest, not counting HW fights like Brock vs Randy or Bigfoot vs Cain. Even Stanislav Nedkov looked tiny against Thiago Silva.
11/29/12 10:09 AM
ufc98newb
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, well Rener said it so it must be true.

some of you people are insane. one guy fights at 200, and the other fights at 190. that is 10 lbs difference. there are probably at least 2 or 3 fights on every ufc card where guys fight at a 10 lb difference (or more). that is not nuthuggery or blindness. that is as close to fact as you will get when analyzing these two guys sizes.

11/29/12 10:21 AM
Ansari
426 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/29/12 10:21 AM
11/29/12 11:07 AM
random_muppett
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bornop - But Silva should fight Jones because he needs to satisfy your imaginary rankings. And JBJ needs to fight JDS. JDS needs to fight Bob Sapp and Bob Sapp needs to fight a gorilla Phone Post
And the gorilla needs to fight an elephant! Phone Post
11/29/12 11:17 AM
Rival School

GSP would wrestlefuck Anderson plus wouldn't get submitted Phone Post
11/29/12 11:23 AM
orcus

Entreri - No, no, they the same size.

"It's TOTALLY different than GSP vs Condit"

-- every other idiot on this forum

11/29/12 11:25 AM
orcus

P.S. I like the notion that two guys can be in the ring at the same weight but it's still unfair because one is "naturally bigger".

11/29/12 11:28 AM
Lazer MMA

AS fans do no call GSP a coward or imply that as although GSP wants none (AS) neither does AS (JBJ). No fan of either but tired of GSP slurs.
11/29/12 11:40 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 11/29/12 11:44 AM

the last time we saw this differential was when GSP fought BJ Penn. 

Anderson is offering a catchweight down the middle.  Time for GSP to nut up and take his ass whoopin like a man.

11/29/12 11:42 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

"The last time these type of differentials were seen in the UFC was when there were no weight classes. In that regard, I think Anderson will have the advantage."

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

GSP's got people everywhere slanging this BS now. Awesome.

11/29/12 11:59 AM
sitchpack

This superfight frenzy fever is getting old. Phone Post
11/29/12 12:07 PM
Lazer MMA

MMALOGIC - 

Anderson is offering a catchweight down the middle.  Time for GSP to nut up and take his ass whoopin like a man.

Right after JBJ delivers his to AS at LHW where AS has fought two huge LHW's before.
11/29/12 12:18 PM
orcus

Lazer MMA - 
MMALOGIC - 

Right after JBJ delivers his to AS at LHW where AS has fought two huge LHW's before.

Two possible scenarios:

Anderson wants superfight with GSP, has never fought at 205: "Bullshit, I don't see him fighting guys in higher weightclasses, why should GSP???"

Anderson wants superfight with GSP, has fought three times at 205: "Bullshit, Anderson has fought huge LHWs, he should be fighting Jon Jones!!!! GSP has never fought anyone bigger!!!"

11/29/12 12:22 PM
Entreri

orcus - 

Dense as usual.

You are a funny though.
11/29/12 12:22 PM
guardbr8kr

GSP made BJ Penn QUIT !!
11/29/12 12:24 PM
orcus

Entreri - 
orcus - 

Dense as usual.

You are a funny though.

Unable to explain the difference as usual.

And you're not even funny.

11/29/12 12:31 PM
Raxbot
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CDO - Silva will make GSP look foolish. This is a fight that should not happen.

-CDO

CDO nails it. This fight absolutely should not happen. The UFC is dipping in numbers and wants superfights so very badly, so they're trying desperately to make a fight that is absurd. This match-up would essentially waste one of Anderson's last few fights ever in his career on a fight that is more predictable than a Tyler Perry film, derail and embarrass one of the UFC's few truly great champions in GSP, all for an event that would neither prove nor alter anything in the rankings or levels of the sport. There is a clear contender at welterweight in Hendricks, followed by a marketable contender in Diaz (just feed him a fight and let him prove he's next in line like so many people seem to think), there's a clear set-up for a number-one-contender at Middleweight (which will take some time, but in the mean-time we need to be having Anderson vs Jones, not this Sonnen crap), then Silva can defend his belt next summer.

This fight absolutely should not happen, but with the terrible decision making the UFC has been demonstrating lately, I wouldn't be surprised if it does. I'll be disgusted as a fan of MMA and annoyed as a consumer of the UFC brand, but I won't be surprised.
11/29/12 12:38 PM
charliedelta1000
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

random_muppett - 
bornop - But Silva should fight Jones because he needs to satisfy your imaginary rankings. And JBJ needs to fight JDS. JDS needs to fight Bob Sapp and Bob Sapp needs to fight a gorilla Phone Post
And the gorilla needs to fight an elephant! Phone Post

And the elephant? Huhuhuhuho...... You don't even wanna know what the elephant has to fight, kid.
11/29/12 12:39 PM
Entreri

orcus - 
Entreri - 
orcus - 

Dense as usual.

You are a funny though.

Unable to explain the difference as usual.

And you're not even funny.

I am certainly getting my daily dose of entertainment from you.

Are you going to put some pics for comparison?
11/29/12 12:40 PM
FOX Force Five
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bornop -  But Silva should fight Jones because he needs to satisfy your imaginary rankings. And JBJ needs to fight JDS. JDS needs to fight Bob Sapp and Bob Sapp needs to fight a gorilla Phone Post

I'm not sure that last fight would get sanctioned.

Serious thread is serious, right?
11/29/12 12:42 PM
charliedelta1000
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Raxbot - 
CDO - Silva will make GSP look foolish. This is a fight that should not happen.

-CDO

CDO nails it. This fight absolutely should not happen. The UFC is dipping in numbers and wants superfights so very badly, so they're trying desperately to make a fight that is absurd. This match-up would essentially waste one of Anderson's last few fights ever in his career on a fight that is more predictable than a Tyler Perry film, derail and embarrass one of the UFC's few truly great champions in GSP, all for an event that would neither prove nor alter anything in the rankings or levels of the sport. There is a clear contender at welterweight in Hendricks, followed by a marketable contender in Diaz (just feed him a fight and let him prove he's next in line like so many people seem to think), there's a clear set-up for a number-one-contender at Middleweight (which will take some time, but in the mean-time we need to be having Anderson vs Jones, not this Sonnen crap), then Silva can defend his belt next summer.

This fight absolutely should not happen, but with the terrible decision making the UFC has been demonstrating lately, I wouldn't be surprised if it does. I'll be disgusted as a fan of MMA and annoyed as a consumer of the UFC brand, but I won't be surprised.

Some great points in terms of matchups that make far more sense, but I think you folks are underestimating the little Canadian who could...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.