UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Josh Barnett Added To SF Champions Card

11/29/12 5:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dermotfix
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Barnett vs Nandrolone sounds familiar.
But a rematch w Cormier would really set this bitch on fiaaaaa. Phone Post
11/29/12 6:30 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis -

Can you imagine the UFC putting a card on like this nowadays? There is no fucking way that would happen. They would give you a top fighter and a bunch of cans to fill up the rest of the card.

Besides the UFC on Fox this is likely the last STACKED card you will ever see in MMA. It's a sad day endeed.

They're are protecting their future UFC fighters from a loss before jumping over Phone Post
11/29/12 6:40 PM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great card but seeing these warriors in the UFC excites me more.

So many amazing matchups to be made. Phone Post
11/29/12 8:40 PM
Megatherium
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zuffa (Dana White) obviously has no intention of moving Josh over to UFC, hence the nobody opponent/meaningless fight he is offered at the last minute to fulfill his contractual obligation.

And that is too bad.
11/29/12 8:43 PM
CLINTK9
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Megatherium - Zuffa (Dana White) obviously has no intention of moving Josh over to UFC, hence the nobody opponent/meaningless fight he is offered at the last minute to fulfill his contractual obligation.

And that is too bad.

Yep! they could get 25 TUFrs for his price.
11/29/12 8:52 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Megatherium - Zuffa (Dana White) obviously has no intention of moving Josh over to UFC, hence the nobody opponent/meaningless fight he is offered at the last minute to fulfill his contractual obligation.

And that is too bad.

So they offer him a fight on an already deep card that has a high payroll that means they have no interest in signing him to the UFC?

What about DC vs Staring? Does the UFC have no interest in bringing DC over? Looks like he is in a meaningless fight with a nobody opponent as well.

Or maybe its they owe him one last fight, Sf has no HW div, they arent gonna bring in a top guy for this card so they are completing his contract and when SF folds they will talk.

He might not end up in the UFC because he will want alot of money but this fight doesnt mean they dont want him.
11/29/12 8:57 PM
BrunoMcGyver
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SMASHED BY A BIG RIG! - 

Very attractive man.
11/29/12 8:59 PM
DanTheWolfman

As much as I would love Barnett/Mir or Barnett/Werdum....

Barnett getting a Spike TV Bellator/TNA Double Deal would be very interesting and big for them.
11/29/12 9:01 PM
Chris27

DanTheWolfman - As much as I would love Barnett/Mir or Barnett/Werdum....

Barnett getting a Spike TV Bellator/TNA Double Deal would be very interesting and big for them.

Barnett vs Hale or Thiago Santos or Prindle in Bellator interests you?

I guess its slightly better than fighting whoever he is fighting on this SF card but not much better.

11/29/12 9:05 PM
youarewhatiswrong
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

really hope mousoussi beats kyle convincingly, I would love to see him come into the UFC with some momentum.
11/29/12 9:08 PM
CLINTK9

I think his card is to build momentum for these guys like DC, Barnett, Mousasi, Roger, etc for when they come to UFC!
11/29/12 9:17 PM
falkofire
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why are they not having DC v Barney again? If that's the fight that was supposed to happen? What changed? If they are on the same card again ? Phone Post
11/29/12 9:20 PM
youarewhatiswrong
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

falkofire -  Why are they not having DC v Barney again? If that's the fight that was supposed to happen? What changed? If they are on the same card again ? Phone Post

DC already beat Barnette. The original fight was DC vs. Mir, but Mir pulled out with an injury.
11/30/12 12:07 AM
allforroy
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If they're picking Duffy back up after 2 fights in 2 years pretty sure signing Barnett is in the works. Not like there's a lot of depth at HW. Phone Post
11/30/12 9:21 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
Chris27 - 
Cyril Jeff - 
hubris - big step up for Ryan Couture

really big opportunity for him, but I think KJ might be too much for him at this point...

I think this is a fight to determine if they want to bring Couture into the UFC.

Maybe they dont just want to bring him in because of his name, they want to see if he really has what it takes to swim in the shark tank LW div. If he beats Noons that def tells the UFC he can be a UFC LW atleast on the lower/mid level.

If he loses would they still bring him over?

great question, I'm not sure he'd make it right in, but I could 100% see him getting highlighted on a season of TUF...

11/30/12 9:22 AM
BaraoKix

allforroy -  If they're picking Duffy back up after 2 fights in 2 years pretty sure signing Barnett is in the works. Not like there's a lot of depth at HW. Phone Post

Well $ conquers all...

Barnetts contract will be 10x that of Duffees.
11/30/12 9:23 AM
Sturky1611

I like the fact Barnett is on this card wouldn't be the same without him. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.