UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Question: Lifting and cutting weight

11/29/12 6:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am starting my weight loss phase, have about 22.5 to go. I am assuming that I should do more circuit style of lifting along with timed sets and such. I researched this topic a bit and I get alot of different answer, some even suggesting to quit lifting all together. (which I am not going to do) But I was thinking of focusing more on muscular endurance and maybe explosiveness. Thoughts?
11/30/12 4:16 AM
Leigh
827 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I keep my lifting the same - short and heavy. We all have our preferred methods of lifting to get stronger and you should stick to it. Drop weight with diet and maybe cardio. Accept you might lose some strength Phone Post
11/30/12 6:56 AM
glass neck
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i had good strength gains going from 240 - 190 years ago using a modified bill star's 5 x 5

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Bill_Starr_5x5

calories were around 2000/day and i did zero cardio, weight gain was about 1 lb/week

imo, its important to lift heavy when you're losing weight to maximize strength retention...or gain
11/30/12 7:50 AM
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok sounds good. I think I will do light cardio at the ends of my lifts on the bikes or row machine etc. Phone Post
11/30/12 9:20 AM
Sequoyah Sandford

glass neck - i had good strength gains going from 240 - 190 years ago using a modified bill star's 5 x 5

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Bill_Starr_5x5

calories were around 2000/day and i did zero cardio, weight gain was about 1 lb/week

imo, its important to lift heavy when you're losing weight to maximize strength retention...or gain
Ill check it out. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.