UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The Truth About Lloyd Irvin Seminars/Mastermind

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/30/12 1:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Marcos Avellan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/30/12 1:07 AM

HolyAvenger is on every single Lloyd Irvin thread - it is ridiculous.  If you go to the Atama BJJ forum, there is a new thread about TLI's 2nd reality show with 6 posts... four of them are from him :)  LOL

"oh we only got 250 kimura trap dvds. then a few months later, oh we got some more. weird."

Yeah, how weird, it took a few months to order another batch of DVDs - how crazy... lol  How long is it supposed to take to get a new batch in?  A few years?  He rested for two months, put in a new order, and it took a month produce...

"so yeah, you can now just see your students as dollar signs and new cars great."

Since you post in every Lloyd Irvin thread (and I think mine too), I'm going to assume you are an obvious fan...  And since you are a fan, I'd like to share with you a few of the things I've done to help contribute to the BJJ and MMA community.

I have promoted 18 kickboxing, MMA, and grappling shows in Florida. I was the official NAGA promoter in Florida for years before giving it back to Kipp Kollar so that I could dedicate my time fully to my gyms. I have two MMA gyms that I opened up (not affiliates but schools I have lease agreements with) that together have about a thousand students (back in 2010, my Miami gym had over 1,000 students by itself). As a result, just about every single MMA and BJJ gym in south Florida has an instructor or assistant instructor that got their start at my gym.

With a thousand students and our Miami facility being open 24 hours a day, I have a staff of over 30 employees that are able to make a living by training and teaching martial arts. Those 30 people don't work side jobs - they make enough with their jobs to chase their martial arts dream full time.

My brother and I have blogs where we have been giving away free videos and emails. Outside of my gym website email list, I started a new website, MarcosAvellan.com, which I have been giving away free emails and videos since November of 2011. So far, I haven't put out any products, I've just been having fun building my list and giving free stuff. I lost count, but I think I've put out over 60 videos on that email list. On Youtube, I've put out over 400 videos sharing techniques, my experiences training abroad, martial arts philosophy, and more. All my email lists together have over 18,000 people on it that I've been sharing martial arts knowledge with for the past 11 years that I've been teaching.

I have TWO fighter houses where I currently house 10 martial artists. I pay for ALL their bills so that they can train full time. Six of them were recruited as white belts - four of them as blue belts. Not to put anybody's personal business out there - but one of them was homeless and had never done martial arts before. I saw something special about this person, took him in, and now that person has been through my instructor course, business training, internet training, and has a grappling record of 12-1, is about to get the blue belt, and will be making his ammy MMA debut soon.

I have coached literally thousands of grappling matches and hundreds of MMA fights. I've coached three grapplers into the ADCC and a FILA world champion. In MMA, I've coached guys in all the big shows (Bodogfight, EliteXC, WEC, Strikeforce, TUF, and the UFC).

For martial arts instructors, I am a business consultant. I am one of Master Lloyd Irvin's top speakers for his MMA Millionaire's group - and as of right now, I have collected literally over 300 testimonials from martial arts gym owners that have said that I have changed their lives forever with my help. I have helped gym owners go from broke with 60 students to now having over 700 students and living debt free. Not only did I help those owners - but I helped them spread their art to hundreds and thousands of students... rather than just to a garage of guys.

With my brother's first instructional DVD launch, the Kimura Trap, he sold 500 DVD sets grossing over $120,000. He has screen shots that he has shared with other school owners. Why? Because he has been helping others in our industry, that are BROKE, learn how to provide for their family by learning how to share their teachings to more people via internet marketing.

HolyAvenger, maybe my contributions don't hold a candle to the impact you have made in the martial arts community, but I wanted to let you know that the more the sport gives to me - the more I try to give back to it. But yes, I do make money and I don't apologize for that either. My brother and I offer free trials on everything we do (hence the free techniques online and the 30 day free trial at our gyms) and offer money back guarantees on all our products and services (Kimura Trap had a 30 day money back guarantee). If we are making money, it is because people are happy with the services and products they are getting - otherwise they wouldn't buy after our freebies and/or would ask for a refund. In other words, it is a win/win situation, capitalism in its finest form.

And to answer your question... I think anybody that STALKS Lloyd around on every thread relating to him, only to post smart ass comments, is a hater to me... how else would you describe such a person?  LOL

11/30/12 1:08 AM
thebasher
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't understand how this spamming is acceptable
11/30/12 1:09 AM
Marcos Avellan

By the way, my contributions to the martial arts community pales in comparison to what Master Lloyd Irvin has done...

11/30/12 2:09 AM
LiveFromThe7x7

HolyAvengerP5 got sat down.
11/30/12 6:20 AM
Adam Singer
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I no longer give you permission to use my testimonial. Not because it is not 100% true. Its because after 4 full days of grinding at these events I look like Hell.lol

Adam Singer

PS I am a proud member of the Cult of Lloyd but Marcos does a much better job on these threads than I ever could. However if anyone would ever like to discuss the merits or their worries I can be reached via private message.
11/30/12 6:48 AM
Ray Elbe
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While working at tiger muay Thai I applied many of master lloyd's strategies on an international scale.

My next project is in Kuwait and Im already hoping to schedule another master Lloyd seminar.

With any luck at all I will get an opportunity to attend this event. Phone Post
11/30/12 7:31 AM
john joe
414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey
HolyAvengerP5 - 
Marcos Avellan - 

Matt Arroyo is a BJJ Black Belt, School Owner, and UFC veteran... he drops praise for Lloyd Irvin knowing that he is promoting an event soon - and a few Lloyd haters spout garbage.

Matt isn't a current member of the mastermind, has nothing to do with Lloyd's promotions, and benefits nothing from this post.  I imagine he is posting this testimonial for the same reason many others volunteer testimonials - out of appreciation.

dude, anyone who doesn't have lloyd's balls in his mouth is a hater to you.
like you don't spout garbage and bullshit? oh we only got 250 kimura trap dvds. then a few months later, oh we got some more. weird.

matt might not be a member but he was, lloyd taught him his internet shit, and now he goes out and finds suckers er, i mean students.

here is your video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN3yqVytPZI

just basically how to make the most money off you students. i want that for an instructor, yell
let me offer all these levels of service to give the illusions that the top level that you don't need is worth $399 a month.
hey, if 15 - 20% of your students are not bitching about price you need to raise the price.

you just doing this syndicate shit marketing and you found a bunch of idiots to think you are bill gates or some shit.

you guys go around here acting like you post videos out of the kindness of you heart just for us to learn. no, it is to build up your spam list so you can sell some dvd with fake bullshit hype.

so yeah, you can now just see your students as dollar signs and new cars great.

you want to bend over, you go right ahead.

here's what i know about Irvin's method

my own coach has black belt in BJJ, kickboxing, is a certified Muay Thai instructor under Master Toddy from when Master Toddy was in England, 1980s, also has all sorts of karate belts and this and that; been a lifelong martial artist basically

until recently he was ticking over, teaching three, four classes a night plus pro-team in the morning and not really making much money at all. Then he either went to an Irvin seminar or got the DVDs or books or something, i dont know which, and implemented a few of the things. Restructured fees and timetable, he does less classes and the gym charges more. We were £55pcm unlimited, now the unlimited is at least 50% more than that

and the gym has took off big time. Numbers have rocketed, money pouring in and the attitude of the new guys who are paying the higher rate is better than the attitude of previous generations. I think a core principle of Irvin's is that people dont value that which is given away or sold too cheap, and on the basis of what i have seen thats absolutely true.

the other thing is that people seem to get pissy at the idea of an MA instructor driving a mercedes, like he should be some sort of monk figure taking vows of poverty. Fuck them. Nobody objects to lawyers driving a Mercedes and lawyers are cunts (i know, i trained to be one) but an MMA instructor driving one is the end of the world? Well guess what, if he's spent 7 years learning, he's got a Phd basically and as most of them have spent over a decade or more, they are actually some of the most highly-qualified people on the planet. Surely thats worth something? And MA makes a huge difference to people's lives. Either its valuable or its not. If its not, then dont pay for it. If it is, dont expect it to be $50 a month. You would spend that on beer on a night out without so much as blinking about it.

i dont mean MA instructors have carte blanche to take the piss and charge mystical guru rates of $500 a month or some shit, but dont begrudge earnings to someone who has devoted a serious, serious chunk of their lifetime studying knowledge then passing it on. Nobody complains about professors getting paid, or doctors.

ive seen situations where guys have acquired skills from an instructor and then made good money as a pro while the instructor carries on making chickenshit cos he's too nice to charge his students proper money. Fuck that
11/30/12 8:43 AM
No Regard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - 
HolyAvengerP5 - 
Marcos Avellan - 

Matt Arroyo is a BJJ Black Belt, School Owner, and UFC veteran... he drops praise for Lloyd Irvin knowing that he is promoting an event soon - and a few Lloyd haters spout garbage.

Matt isn't a current member of the mastermind, has nothing to do with Lloyd's promotions, and benefits nothing from this post.  I imagine he is posting this testimonial for the same reason many others volunteer testimonials - out of appreciation.

dude, anyone who doesn't have lloyd's balls in his mouth is a hater to you.
like you don't spout garbage and bullshit? oh we only got 250 kimura trap dvds. then a few months later, oh we got some more. weird.

matt might not be a member but he was, lloyd taught him his internet shit, and now he goes out and finds suckers er, i mean students.

here is your video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN3yqVytPZI

just basically how to make the most money off you students. i want that for an instructor, yell
let me offer all these levels of service to give the illusions that the top level that you don't need is worth $399 a month.
hey, if 15 - 20% of your students are not bitching about price you need to raise the price.

you just doing this syndicate shit marketing and you found a bunch of idiots to think you are bill gates or some shit.

you guys go around here acting like you post videos out of the kindness of you heart just for us to learn. no, it is to build up your spam list so you can sell some dvd with fake bullshit hype.

so yeah, you can now just see your students as dollar signs and new cars great.

you want to bend over, you go right ahead.

here's what i know about Irvin's method

my own coach has black belt in BJJ, kickboxing, is a certified Muay Thai instructor under Master Toddy from when Master Toddy was in England, 1980s, also has all sorts of karate belts and this and that; been a lifelong martial artist basically

until recently he was ticking over, teaching three, four classes a night plus pro-team in the morning and not really making much money at all. Then he either went to an Irvin seminar or got the DVDs or books or something, i dont know which, and implemented a few of the things. Restructured fees and timetable, he does less classes and the gym charges more. We were £55pcm unlimited, now the unlimited is at least 50% more than that

and the gym has took off big time. Numbers have rocketed, money pouring in and the attitude of the new guys who are paying the higher rate is better than the attitude of previous generations. I think a core principle of Irvin's is that people dont value that which is given away or sold too cheap, and on the basis of what i have seen thats absolutely true.

the other thing is that people seem to get pissy at the idea of an MA instructor driving a mercedes, like he should be some sort of monk figure taking vows of poverty. Fuck them. Nobody objects to lawyers driving a Mercedes and lawyers are cunts (i know, i trained to be one) but an MMA instructor driving one is the end of the world? Well guess what, if he's spent 7 years learning, he's got a Phd basically and as most of them have spent over a decade or more, they are actually some of the most highly-qualified people on the planet. Surely thats worth something? And MA makes a huge difference to people's lives. Either its valuable or its not. If its not, then dont pay for it. If it is, dont expect it to be $50 a month. You would spend that on beer on a night out without so much as blinking about it.

i dont mean MA instructors have carte blanche to take the piss and charge mystical guru rates of $500 a month or some shit, but dont begrudge earnings to someone who has devoted a serious, serious chunk of their lifetime studying knowledge then passing it on. Nobody complains about professors getting paid, or doctors.

ive seen situations where guys have acquired skills from an instructor and then made good money as a pro while the instructor carries on making chickenshit cos he's too nice to charge his students proper money. Fuck that

Amen!
11/30/12 9:05 AM
Seats Taken
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lloyd isn't really doing anything revolutionary, there are tons of seminars just like his that many other businesses take advantage of. LI was just smart enough to realize that many guys that are amazing in the field of Martial Arts are terrible terrible business people. Phone Post
11/30/12 9:13 AM
bhealthy

MASTER LLOYD CANNOT BE STOPPED!!

He is the best in the usa imo.
11/30/12 10:41 AM
Jsteven
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should have to buy a business account If you are going to use the forum for marketing and advertising Phone Post
11/30/12 11:15 AM
Epa
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quotes aren't working for me, but Seats Taken hit on a big part of it.

"LI was just smart enough to realize that many guys that are amazing in the field of Martial Arts are terrible terrible business people."

Some of the best martial artists I've trained with have no idea how to develop a business plan, execute that plan, or handle all of the administrative aspects that go with running a school. If LI can get those skills to school owners, he's definitely delivering a legitimate service.

He just doesn't sell that service in the humble, soft-spoken way some people associate with martial arts. He sells it aggressively.
11/30/12 4:57 PM
Marcos Avellan

"Some of the best martial artists I've trained with have no idea how to develop a business plan, execute that plan, or handle all of the administrative aspects that go with running a school. If LI can get those skills to school owners, he's definitely delivering a legitimate service."

Excactly.

12/1/12 1:53 PM
Marcos Avellan

Wow, that is an epic clip!

12/1/12 2:35 PM
acamp76144
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You got served there....

I do know what he means re LI's distinct variety of marketing cheese which I personally hate. If it means that guys that have put a lot into the mma and martial arts community (eg marcos and david) can get something back and earn a decent living then fine by me

FWIW I still would have bought the kimura trap set if it had been promoted in a 'norma'l way like Roy Deane, Kesting etc do successfully Phone Post
12/1/12 2:36 PM
AristidesBrito
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
12/1/12 2:59 PM
Joe Lauzon
807 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Twitter, Director of Awesome

Arroyo has never let me wrong before! 

12/1/12 3:06 PM
temp170618
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would Lloyds methods be applicable to someone who owns a "regular" gym/Fitness center instead of a martial arts school?
12/1/12 3:09 PM
Toquinho
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All tgese peoples opinions are great but I cant take any BJJ semimar aerious unless Renato Laranja approves ;) Phone Post
12/1/12 3:52 PM
Marcos Avellan

"Would Lloyds methods be applicable to someone who owns a "regular" gym/Fitness center instead of a martial arts school?"

Yes.  We all have women's fitness programs and what works for our gyms should work for a fitness facility as well.

12/1/12 3:57 PM
falsecrack
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm interested in this marketing strategy, not from a moneymaking standpoint, but from the position where we're just trying to get people to come in and train.

After living in a city with tons of jiu jitsu schools I moved home to a small town a couple years ago as a purple belt, and we have a Nova Uniao blackbelt running more of a club type system here - he's just charging enough to cover rent. It's difficult just to get enough momentum going just to get guys to come in and train. Would this seminar/marketing assist with something like this or would we already have to have a solid core established already (we average 10 guys at class twice a week.)

There really are no other training options within 40 miles of us.
12/1/12 5:21 PM
Marcos Avellan

falsecrack - I'm interested in this marketing strategy, not from a moneymaking standpoint, but from the position where we're just trying to get people to come in and train.

After living in a city with tons of jiu jitsu schools I moved home to a small town a couple years ago as a purple belt, and we have a Nova Uniao blackbelt running more of a club type system here - he's just charging enough to cover rent. It's difficult just to get enough momentum going just to get guys to come in and train. Would this seminar/marketing assist with something like this or would we already have to have a solid core established already (we average 10 guys at class twice a week.)

There really are no other training options within 40 miles of us.

Yes, most definitely would help.  Your situation isn't that unique, we have many people that have started out in similar situations.

12/10/12 6:45 PM
Marcos Avellan

**What is Black Belt Psychology?**, Click Here To Watch!

One more bump for the event next month!

12/10/12 6:56 PM
bhealthy

WAR Master LLoyd!!!
1/16/13 8:35 PM
Jsteven
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marcos Avellan - 

One more bump for the event next month!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.