UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Didn't like AC, should I play dishonored?

11/30/12 12:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AlexanderTheGOAT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure if I don't like AC because I don't like stealth games or if I just couldn't get into AC specifically. So you guys who have played both, is dishonored (since its a stealth game) comparable? Or would you say the experience is way different and I should give it a whirl. I keep hearing how great it is. Phone Post
11/30/12 1:17 AM
orcus

100% different imo.

11/30/12 10:34 AM
AlexanderTheGOAT

orcus -

100% different imo.

That's what I was hoping. I want to try it out it looks really good. Guess I'll put it on my X-mas list Phone Post
11/30/12 10:54 AM
BKViper
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I enjoyed Dishonored much more than AC3.

11/30/12 1:07 PM
AlexanderTheGOAT

BKViper -

If you don't mind can you highlight a major difference in the game mechanics? Phone Post
11/30/12 5:54 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes! Totally different game.

Definitely give Dishonoured a try OP. Really good fun. Phone Post
11/30/12 7:23 PM
C Willy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlexanderTheGOAT -
BKViper -

If you don't mind can you highlight a major difference in the game mechanics? Phone Post
Freeze time, fast teleport maneuver, fucking rats, it's first person. Phone Post
12/1/12 5:10 PM
AlexanderTheGOAT

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - Yes! Totally different game.

Gonna do it! Thanks Phone Post
12/1/12 5:39 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlexanderTheGOAT -

No problem man. Remember if you're having doubts you should read some reviews or watch some gameplay videos on YouTube.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by Dishonoured. It's a lot better than I thought it would be :) Phone Post
12/1/12 7:54 PM
AlexanderTheGOAT

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
AlexanderTheGOAT -

No problem man. Remember if you're having doubts you should read some reviews or watch some gameplay videos on YouTube.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by Dishonoured. It's a lot better than I thought it would be :) Phone Post
I've seen a bunch of reviews and a lot of positivity in general. It's just that I didn't know if I was adverse ti the stealth aspect of AC or the game mechanics or what. But ya if you guys think the games are totally different that's enough for me to give it a whirl. I'll post back here with my thoughts after I play it Phone Post
12/1/12 7:58 PM
BeardedLesnar
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The stealth in this game is much different. Overall I think dishonored is underrated in a world full of the same crap. Very good and very different fps. It felt a little like bio shock at first for me but that wore off very quickly Phone Post
12/1/12 8:18 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

AlexanderTheGOAT -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
AlexanderTheGOAT -

I've seen a bunch of reviews and a lot of positivity in general. It's just that I didn't know if I was adverse ti the stealth aspect of AC or the game mechanics or what. But ya if you guys think the games are totally different that's enough for me to give it a whirl. I'll post back here with my thoughts after I play it Phone Post
To be honest, there is nothing forcing you to use stealth in Dishonoured. You can run in guns blazing and murder everyone if you want to, lol. Phone Post
12/1/12 9:39 PM
Rip0ste
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dishonored is the sleeper hit of the year. You'll really enjoy it. Fantastic art style and a good plot. Lots of choices and vastly different play styles abound. Phone Post
12/2/12 2:21 AM
AlexanderTheGOAT

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
AlexanderTheGOAT -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
AlexanderTheGOAT -

To be honest, there is nothing forcing you to use stealth in Dishonoured. You can run in guns blazing and murder everyone if you want to, lol. Phone Post
That's cool. For instance, I hated the fact that you have to sneak around cities in AC without the guards seeing you. Stealth assassinations are one thing but I want to walk around freely! Phone Post
12/2/12 3:30 AM
SakuEar
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I liked both. AC3 was ridden with bugs, but it was still enjoyable. Dishonored was about 8 hours long. I am so glad I didn't buy it, and just borrowed it from a friend. Dishonored is a great game, but I wouldn't recommend buying it.
12/2/12 12:29 PM
AlexanderTheGOAT

SakuEar - I liked both. AC3 was ridden with bugs, but it was still enjoyable. Dishonored was about 8 hours long. I am so glad I didn't buy it, and just borrowed it from a friend. Dishonored is a great game, but I wouldn't recommend buying it.
8 hours? Phone Post
12/2/12 1:12 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

AlexanderTheGOAT -
SakuEar - I liked both. AC3 was ridden with bugs, but it was still enjoyable. Dishonored was about 8 hours long. I am so glad I didn't buy it, and just borrowed it from a friend. Dishonored is a great game, but I wouldn't recommend buying it.
8 hours? Phone Post
Dishonoured is pretty short but has a lot of replay value because there are tons of ways to tackle every situation.

There are also multiple endings so you will probably want to finish it a few times. Phone Post
12/13/12 8:11 PM
supersaiyan

ASSCReed 3 is collecting dust so far as i play Dishonored
12/23/12 10:02 AM
pigpen
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dishonored reminds me more of Skyrim than AC3.

Well, Skyrim with better combat.
12/23/12 2:00 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

O_o, Skyrim and Dishonored have almost nothing in common.
12/27/12 4:11 PM
AlexanderTheGOAT

pigpen - Dishonored reminds me more of Skyrim than AC3.

Well, Skyrim with better combat.
Is it the Bethesda feel? Phone Post
12/29/12 5:59 PM
AlexanderTheGOAT

Well, I've been playing Dishonored since yesterday and I'm having a blast. Fantastic game and absolutely nothing like AC3. I'm doing a stealth/kill target play through now. After im done i will try to beat it with no kills. Took me a while to get good at the stealth part but it's so much fun. I love how you can be creative with your powers. Thanks to everyone who told me to play it, it's definitely my GOTY for 2012. Phone Post
12/29/12 8:14 PM
Choochy
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Couldn't stand the AC games. Thought Dishonored was good though, could have been amazing but fell just a little short. Phone Post
12/30/12 11:05 AM
UGCTT_Jay Edz
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finished it yesterday, it's a fantastic game. I enjoyed it more than AC3 and I'm a huge AC fan.

First play through I was good and hardly killing but I'm going to be cold blooded next play through. Phone Post
12/30/12 6:42 PM
AlexanderTheGOAT

UGCTT_Jay Edz - Finished it yesterday, it's a fantastic game. I enjoyed it more than AC3 and I'm a huge AC fan.

First play through I was good and hardly killing but I'm going to be cold blooded next play through. Phone Post
I'm doing the opposite. I didn't go balls out in my first play through but I killed plenty. Now I'm going to attemp a 100% kill free play though. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.