UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> HG Homebrewers.....

11/30/12 1:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fnunderful
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just bought a kegerator and I am getting rid of all my bottles. I have about 18 grolsch bottles and a case worth of regular and liter size bottles that I am getting rid of. If you want them they are yours! Let me know.....but I am through with cleaning and sanitizing bottles!!!
11/30/12 2:59 AM
JIMMYNAKS
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Party time!!
11/30/12 10:41 AM
fnunderful
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

give me about a month to get a beer ready...
11/30/12 2:42 PM
MOB U2
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After I got married I was gonna buy a kegerator myself, but ended up refusing to cause I was too fat to fit into my clothes. The grolsch bottles I had, I dumped b/c there were years of roach/mice, etc. shit in there (it was in my dad's storage and I never used it for a long time). My homebrewer friends never forgave me for that b/c they said I should've sterilized it. But like you, fuck taking the time to sterilize already - kegerator is where it's at!

Where'd you buy yours man?
11/30/12 9:31 PM
lets get dangerous
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll take some bottles man I'm getting ready to do another hef. I just sterilized my equipment 2 days ago. Phone Post
12/1/12 3:18 AM
JIMMYNAKS
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just got real thirsty Phone Post
12/1/12 12:32 PM
PatrickFreitas
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is it tough for homebrewers to get quality yeast? i always here stories about companies like Dogfish Head paying top dollar for exotic yeasts. do big producers own the yeast market?
12/1/12 1:14 PM
FCTV808
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

we have access to club sun. all the yeast you can get.
12/1/12 2:55 PM
fnunderful

lets get dangerous -  I'll take some bottles man I'm getting ready to do another hef. I just sterilized my equipment 2 days ago. Phone Post

Sorry bro, Sarge got to me first and I promised them to him.
12/1/12 2:58 PM
fnunderful

MOB U2 - After I got married I was gonna buy a kegerator myself, but ended up refusing to cause I was too fat to fit into my clothes. The grolsch bottles I had, I dumped b/c there were years of roach/mice, etc. shit in there (it was in my dad's storage and I never used it for a long time). My homebrewer friends never forgave me for that b/c they said I should've sterilized it. But like you, fuck taking the time to sterilize already - kegerator is where it's at!

Where'd you buy yours man?

I found it on craigslist. it needs new hoses, i'll probably get a new ball lock too. It also needs a good cleaning but other than that, it is good to go, complete with Co2 canister. I got a Monster deal on it because the woman is just divorced and it was her husbands!
12/1/12 3:12 PM
fnunderful

PatrickFreitas - is it tough for homebrewers to get quality yeast? i always here stories about companies like Dogfish Head paying top dollar for exotic yeasts. do big producers own the yeast market?

I primarily use white labs because they have a good reputation and that is what they stock at the homebrew store. You can order yeast and have it delivered but if you can't buy in bulk or store and use it fast enough it is too expensive. The owner of the store will order anything you want and include it with his bulk shipments. He gets a delivery every friday. As long as you get it in before he orders on Monday you can pick it up at the end of the week.
12/1/12 7:52 PM
JIMMYNAKS

Club Sun does have some good yeast..... and Kalbi Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.