Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
VitorSuckedBonesToes
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In to vote Ezekiel Stane the F-DOWN! !! Phone Post
11/30/12 10:57 AM
Tad Ghostal

What's the point in this list? Couldn't they have at least extrapolated the top guy's earnings from the contracts that have been seen? E.g. we know Overeem made over $3,000,000 for his fight against Lesner as the details of his contract came out during the court case with Golden Glory. Also, I've heard a few times that after every win your purse doubles (for the non-PPV% guys).
11/30/12 11:02 AM
cdmontgo
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tad Ghostal - What's the point in this list? Couldn't they have at least extrapolated the top guy's earnings from the contracts that have been seen? E.g. we know Overeem made over $3,000,000 for his fight against Lesner as the details of his contract came out during the court case with Golden Glory. Also, I've heard a few times that after every win your purse doubles (for the non-PPV% guys).

The data is obviously not right. Hell, I'm pretty sure Tiki made more than $2k. He fought it the UFC four times. All loses, but still he had to have been paid more than $500/fight.
11/30/12 11:02 AM
MattyJ
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surprising how little some title contenders got Monson/Leites compared to Lombard, good to see Chuck and Tito getting paid, didn't Tito fight for free the first couple of times? Obviously their pay went up towards the end. Phone Post
11/30/12 11:05 AM
Jaybrone
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Samoa -
JESK - Brock lesnar has made more than BJ penn. That ain't right. Phone Post
A lot of BJ's UFC fights were before the sport broke and he also fought outside of the UFC for a decent portion of his career.........but I get what you're sayin'. Phone Post
And Brock like it or not was a HUGE draw of the non hardcore mma fans. Phone Post
11/30/12 11:05 AM
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's the entertainment business the fighters who put asses in seats get more $$ period . Phone Post
11/30/12 11:14 AM
Tad Ghostal

cdmontgo - 
Tad Ghostal - What's the point in this list? Couldn't they have at least extrapolated the top guy's earnings from the contracts that have been seen? E.g. we know Overeem made over $3,000,000 for his fight against Lesner as the details of his contract came out during the court case with Golden Glory. Also, I've heard a few times that after every win your purse doubles (for the non-PPV% guys).

The data is obviously not right. Hell, I'm pretty sure Tiki made more than $2k. He fought it the UFC four times. All loses, but still he had to have been paid more than $500/fight.

Only his last UFC purse was disclosed. I wouldn't be surprised if $2,000 was accurate for one fight back then. Although they should probably list him at $8,000 if they are going to guess at the salaries after UFC 46 that took place under commissions that don't disclose purses.
11/30/12 11:21 AM
BaraoKix

Nexuscrawlers - 

Did Tiki really only average $500 a fight? thats crazy!

It is only from UFC46 til now...
11/30/12 11:33 AM
Tad Ghostal

Oops, just checked and it was just over $2,000,000 not 3.

Pursuant to the terms of Overeem's UFC contract as outlined in the complaint, he is guaranteed a "bout fee" of $264,285 on Dec. 30. Should he defeat Lesnar, Overeem would receive an additional $121,428 "win bonus." Overeem is also in line to receive a $2 pay-per-view bonus per viewer, "for all revenues received by UFC-Zuffa for telecast of the Lesnar fight in the United States, Canada or over the internet in excess of $500,000."

Terms of the contract also guarantee Zuffa would pay Overeem $1 million spread out evenly over the first three fights of his deal, which is potentially good for up to eight bouts.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/7402908/alistair-overeem-former-manager-files-suit-breach-contract
11/30/12 11:47 AM
Filo_Beto

Ezekiel Stane -  Geez.. People saying fighters need to get paid more are ignorant. This isn't fucking aerospace engineering or something you need an MBA for.
I love MMA but that argument is silly. The fighters know that making a living off fighting is difficult, and you morans trying to get them more money need to know that too. Phone Post

This is such an ignorant comment.
kill joy
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

129 Jose Aldo* $ 273,000
Filo_Beto

WhiteMustang -  This is only accurate for the lower tier fighters. Top fighters make so much more money than listed it is not even close. Phone Post

THIS!
11/30/12 11:50 AM
GelderdEnd

I want some of that Michael Bisping money

WAR The Count!! Phone Post
11/30/12 11:50 AM
Filo_Beto

zebers3 - 
victorpoprock -  Gsp makes more than that per fight. Phone Post

Really though, are people not getting this? If GSP gets even 1% of the ppv revenue from the fight he just had, thats say (55 bucks per PPV) x (700,000 buys) = 38.5 million, 1 percent of that is 3.85 million dollars for GSP which is more than whats on that list.

And I know that not all of these guys get PPV %'s, but don't forget all of the UNdisclosed bonuses they hand out at every event. Maldonado just came out and said he received a cheque that was worth more than if he had won his fight. So these numbers basically don't tell us anything close to what any of these fighters actually made, except for maybe the bottom guys who only had 3 or 4 fights.

Sorry buddy but that's not how the ppv income is distributed.
The cable provider get's half of the ppv and the ufc gets the other half.
11/30/12 11:53 AM
Ezekiel Stane

Filo_Beto -
Ezekiel Stane -  Geez.. People saying fighters need to get paid more are ignorant. This isn't fucking aerospace engineering or something you need an MBA for.
I love MMA but that argument is silly. The fighters know that making a living off fighting is difficult, and you morans trying to get them more money need to know that too. Phone Post

Care to explain? Phone Post
11/30/12 11:58 AM
shootfightermike
564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

11/30/12 12:24 PM
Silverball
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Minimum salary for a NBA rookie is $473,604

Minimum salary for a NFL rookie is $355,000

Minimum salary for a MLB rookie is $480, 000

Minimum salary for a MLS player is $33,750

Forbes ranks America's Team as America's most valuable team, estimating the Dallas Cowboys' worth at $1.81 billion.

Source: Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/1211/how-much-are-nfl-teams-really-worth.aspx#ixzz2Dj8yHdSJ

Forbes:

In 2011 the both Fertittas made Forbes Fortune 400 list of the 400 richest people in America. Forbes financial analysts valued the UFC at approx. $2B. Their share of the UFC is 80% making their 2011 UFC share value at $1.6B.

$1.6 (2011) - $600M devaluation = $1B (2012) = 38% devaluation in UFC share value from 2001-2012.

Strikeforce Top Ten Earning Fighters in 2012
(data updated to Rousey vs Kaufman)

1 Robbie Lawler $ 244,940
2 Josh Barnett $ 200,000
3 Luke Rockhold $ 189,925
4 Ronaldo Souza $ 186,000
5 Gilbert Melendez $ 175,000
6 Josh Thomson $ 170,000
7 Tyron Woodley $ 103,425
8 Daniel Cormier $ 100,000
9 Ronda Rousey $ 72,000
10 Roger Gracie $ 69,940
11/30/12 12:34 PM
7titofan7

Whoo go tito! Phone Post
11/30/12 12:39 PM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt riddle 52,000? Didn't he receive a bonus of 60,000 for the clements fight and he said he made 100,000 for that fight Phone Post
11/30/12 12:40 PM
GelderdEnd

benjitsu13 -
GelderdEnd -  I want some of that Michael Bisping money

Seeing him so high up the list reminded me just how long he has been slogging away at the near pinnacle of talent. For whatever reason I don't give him enough respect. I have long held to the conspiracy theory that the UFC is holding him back from a title shot because they see him as the key to the UK market, and are grooming him to be a steady champ/challenger after Silva moves on (like the Frank Mir of MW).
Yeah he definatly doesn't get enough respect, but I have noticed a change on here atleast, that people are sorta warming to him....and he will get his title shot in the not so distant future, he will get past Vitor I'm certain of it Phone Post
11/30/12 12:41 PM
3rdLion
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

benjitsu13 - 
GelderdEnd -  I want some of that Michael Bisping money

Seeing him so high up the list reminded me just how long he has been slogging away at the near pinnacle of talent. For whatever reason I don't give him enough respect. I have long held to the conspiracy theory that the UFC is holding him back from a title shot because they see him as the key to the UK market, and are grooming him to be a steady champ/challenger after Silva moves on (like the Frank Mir of MW).

The suggestion that he is protected is ridiculous, the UFC puts him against very dangerous guys:

Rashad
Wandy
Henderson
Stann
Belfort
Leben

Just to name a few.
11/30/12 12:44 PM
Shroom
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian J DSouza - Guys, everyone knows that all of these fighters get undisclosed bonuses, PPV splits and that they double or triple their salaries with sponsorship money.

...Right?

Nope, people still believe Bisping makes more than Silva and GSP

They call it Anderson Silva $$$ for a reason
11/30/12 12:49 PM
Filo_Beto

Ezekiel Stane - 
Filo_Beto -

Care to explain? Phone Post

It would be more obvious to you if you had actually trained. It would be even more obvious to you if you actually had a masters degree and have studied bjj. They both take a lot of work and studying.

I don't think it's bad for a person that is a huge fan of the sport want to see some of their favorite fighters being compensated. If you are going to risk your brain cells for the pleasure of your fans then sure they all need to get compensated that is commensurate with their experience.

That being said the top fighters are now making millions regardless of what this study has showed because this article is only showing money payed via what is disclosed to the athletic commission. There are obvious loopholes here that prevent the fans from knowing their true earnings. And it's done purposely by the ufc management to give them en edge when negotiating fighter contracts.
11/30/12 12:50 PM
Filo_Beto

Edited: 11/30/12 12:51 PM
repeat

11/30/12 12:51 PM
Filo_Beto

Edited: 11/30/12 12:51 PM
repeat

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.