UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Career earnings of 772 UFC fighters

11/30/12 1:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Il Duce
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

193 Dominick Cruz* $ 155,000

Wow…division champ, on top 10 P4P lists with 2 title defenses and awesome win streak, that low even on "disclosed" salary numbers, is heinous. Embarrassing. I know he does waaaaay better numbers, but this shows his perceived value when he was signed. No wonder he's so bitter. Phone Post
11/30/12 1:04 PM
BaraoKix
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Il Duce -  193 Dominick Cruz* $ 155,000

Wow…division champ, on top 10 P4P lists with 2 title defenses and awesome win streak, that low even on "disclosed" salary numbers, is heinous. Embarrassing. I know he does waaaaay better numbers, but this shows his perceived value when he was signed. No wonder he's so bitter. Phone Post

How many fights has he had under the UFC banner?

Think about it...
11/30/12 1:21 PM
Ezekiel Stane

Filo_Beto -
Ezekiel Stane - 
Filo_Beto -
Ezekiel Stane -  Geez.. People saying fighters need to get paid more are ignorant. This isn't fucking aerospace engineering or something you need an MBA for.
I love MMA but that argument is silly. The fighters know that making a living off fighting is difficult, and you morans trying to get them more money need to know that too. Phone Post

This is such an ignorant comment.
Care to explain? Phone Post

It would be more obvious to you if you had actually trained. It would be even more obvious to you if you actually had a masters degree and have studied bjj. They both take a lot of work and studying.

I don't think it's bad for a person that is a huge fan of the sport want to see some of their favorite fighters being compensated. If you are going to risk your brain cells for the pleasure of your fans then sure they all need to get compensated that is commensurate with their experience.

That being said the top fighters are now making millions regardless of what this study has showed because this article is only showing money payed via what is disclosed to the athletic commission. There are obvious loopholes here that prevent the fans from knowing their true earnings. And it's done purposely by the ufc management to give them en edge when negotiating fighter contracts.
Well, one semester away from the masters, and that doesn't change the fact that some fighters make great money and apparently manage it poorly.
Ignoring that fact, not every fighter should make bank, just like every NFL player should make bank. Phone Post
11/30/12 2:00 PM
Filo_Beto

Ezekiel Stane - 
Filo_Beto -
Ezekiel Stane - 
Filo_Beto -
Ezekiel Stane -  Geez.. People saying fighters need to get paid more are ignorant. This isn't fucking aerospace engineering or something you need an MBA for.
I love MMA but that argument is silly. The fighters know that making a living off fighting is difficult, and you morans trying to get them more money need to know that too. Phone Post

This is such an ignorant comment.
Care to explain? Phone Post

It would be more obvious to you if you had actually trained. It would be even more obvious to you if you actually had a masters degree and have studied bjj. They both take a lot of work and studying.

I don't think it's bad for a person that is a huge fan of the sport want to see some of their favorite fighters being compensated. If you are going to risk your brain cells for the pleasure of your fans then sure they all need to get compensated that is commensurate with their experience.

That being said the top fighters are now making millions regardless of what this study has showed because this article is only showing money payed via what is disclosed to the athletic commission. There are obvious loopholes here that prevent the fans from knowing their true earnings. And it's done purposely by the ufc management to give them en edge when negotiating fighter contracts.
Well, one semester away from the masters, and that doesn't change the fact that some fighters make great money and apparently manage it poorly.
Ignoring that fact, not every fighter should make bank, just like every NFL player should make bank. Phone Post

Every nfl player makes bank based on the league minimum. I never mentioned anything about how fighters manage their money to which I agree with you on.
I agree that every fighter should not make bank and they don't unless you rate very high among your peers and are bringing in revenue and fans to the ufc.
11/30/12 2:30 PM
UK Rampage
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar -
UK Rampage - 
crowbar - I wonder what happened to Alistar Overeem?

95 Alistair Overeem $ 385,714
That's pretty good going if you ask me considering he's only had 1 UFC fight. Phone Post

I was referring to the odd amount of $714.00.

I see. My bad. Phone Post
11/30/12 2:44 PM
slimline
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In very impressed at where Paul Kelly comes out... I always think he should have had one more fight before the cut Phone Post
11/30/12 4:36 PM
Enemies

I'd bet more than 100 people on that list are millionaires.
11/30/12 4:50 PM
JerseyShoreTapTeam

This obviously doesn't include PPV %, which is astronomical for guys like Anderson and GSP. They've both easily earned over $10 mil in their careers from the UFC.

That's just the tip of the iceberg, ever heard of sponsors? Ya know, the guys who pay you more the higher up you are on the card?
11/30/12 4:53 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

759 Solomon Hutcherson* $ 3,000
DAGGER

11/30/12 5:02 PM
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OmgItsTheWams - Matt riddle 52,000? Didn't he receive a bonus of 60,000 for the clements fight and he said he made 100,000 for that fight Phone Post
Anyone else notice this? Phone Post
11/30/12 5:05 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool thrad Rowbar

11/30/12 5:14 PM
Samoa
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OmgItsTheWams -
OmgItsTheWams - Matt riddle 52,000? Didn't he receive a bonus of 60,000 for the clements fight and he said he made 100,000 for that fight Phone Post
Anyone else notice this? Phone Post
The list doesn't include bonuses and PPV % shares does it? Phone Post
11/30/12 5:17 PM
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It does include fight night bonuses he has won fotn and sotn Phone Post
11/30/12 6:11 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Impressive thread to put together.
11/30/12 6:26 PM
Mmanizzle

Regarding what was reported, Chuck averaged about $617,142.86 annually over the span of 7 years. Of course this doesn't include PPV percentages and undisclosed amounts of winnings and bonuses.

Someone with CPA experience can clarify this better but, are the disclosed amounts all that the fighters have to pay taxes on? Just curious.

11/30/12 6:29 PM
BaraoKix

Enemies - I'd bet more than 100 people on that list are millionaires.

LOL, how much do you want to bet?

11/30/12 6:54 PM
Il Duce
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BaraoKix -
Il Duce -  193 Dominick Cruz* $ 155,000

How many fights has he had under the UFC banner?

Think about it...
"Dominick Cruz avenged his only career loss, going the distance with Urijah Faber and defending his bantamweight title at UFC 132 on Saturday night. The back-and-forth main event, which had scores all over the map from the judges, earned Cruz and Faber $75,000 bonus checks for Fight of the Night."

$155,000
$80,000

$40,000 for a SUCCESSFUL title defense.

Think about it...

$155,000 for ONE title defense, without a FOTN bonus, ain't shit. In a world where a life's worth of training can end in an instant, at the top of the heap that is a lousy contract. Phone Post
11/30/12 7:01 PM
PrettyBoy
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental - In 2012, boxer Floyd Mayweather had only two fights, totalling less than one hour in the ring and earned $85 million. Phone Post
That's true but we all know Floyd is king if the hill.

I'd like to see a comparison of the top 50 boxers vs top 50 UFC fighters. If someone gets the data I'll do the math on averages, avg pay per annum, avg pay per fight etc Phone Post
Top 50 boxers would crush UFC's top 50.
Floyd Mayweather and Manny were the top two highest paid athletes last year.

I don't even have any data but I'll list off 50 boxers that were active within the last year and a half off the top of my head and you will find there is no comparison.

1.Floyd Mayweather
2. Manny Paquiao
3. Miguel Cotto
4. Amir Kahn
5. Victor Ortiz
6. Andre Berto
7. Ricky Hatton
8. Sergio Martinez
9. Andre Ward
10. Timothy Bradley
11. Saul Alverez
12. Chad Dawson
13. Vitali Klitchko
14. Wladimair Klitchko
15. Lucian Bute
16. Antonio Margarito
17. Brandon Rios
18. Nonito Donair
19. Juan Manuel Marquez
20. Adrian Broner
21. Yuriokis Gamboa
22. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
23. Jean Pascal
24. Carl Frotch
25. Devon Alexander
26. Chris John
27. Lamont Peterson
28. Marcos Miadana
29. Lucas Matthysse
30. Josesito Lopez
31. Danny Garcia
32. Juan Manuel Lopez
33. David Haye
34. Andre Dirrell
35. Kelly Pavlik
36. Arthur Abraham
37. Shane Mosley
38. Pauli Malignaggi
39. Ricky Burns
40. Joshua Clottey
41. Bernard Hopkins
42. Orlando Salido
43. Cornelius Bundrage
44. Zab Judah
45. James Kirkland
46. Antonio Tarver
47. Mikkel Kessler
48. Sakio Bika
49. Sergio Moya
50. Peter Manfredo Jr.

I even threw in a couple reality TV stars. I'd bet my ass this 50 does better than the UFC's current top 50 earners all day every day. And I have no clue who the top 59 earners in boxing are. Phone Post
11/30/12 7:03 PM
T Bag

Mmanizzle - Regarding what was reported, Chuck averaged about $617,142.86 annually over the span of 7 years. Of course this doesn't include PPV percentages and undisclosed amounts of winnings and bonuses.

Someone with CPA experience can clarify this better but, are the disclosed amounts all that the fighters have to pay taxes on? Just curious.

No. Fighters have to pay taxes on all the income, not just disclosed amounts. Just like Zuffa deducts all fighter pay to get to taxable income.
11/30/12 7:13 PM
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SupesUp -  I don't wanna be negative because this list obviously took a long time to compile and I appreciate the work but it's so misleading and 90%of people are making comments that are completely untrue.
Bisping is that high because he's probably never carried a ppv% where all the guys around him do and get a very small purse shown with not even a win bonus.
Every single one of those guys, not just the top guys get extra cash. Remember creepy saying he got 80k for that fight with mm and he was disclosed something like 8 or 16k.
McCorkle mentioned having gone 1-2 he never made less than double his shown purse.
But this isn't an argument about fighter pat its just to show that we actually have no clue what these guys are getting. Phone Post

so dbl it,big deal.gsp fight just grossed 40 million

11/30/12 7:15 PM
yellow wrkahlc
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BaraoKix - 
Enemies - I'd bet more than 100 people on that list are millionaires.

LOL, how much do you want to bet?

He probably wants to bet a million, fren.

11/30/12 8:19 PM
Doem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea kind of worthless

Dana reported that chuck was pulling in 4million a year when he was champ
11/30/12 10:42 PM
EdTheGreat

I thought James Toney got 1 million for his fight with Couture
12/1/12 12:22 AM
Letibleu
1666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP currently makes 15 million a year + fight money + fight bonus + PPV cut. Its guestimated he makes up to 25 million/year.
12/1/12 1:00 AM
Skilf
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/01/12 1:03 AM
<blockquote>OmgItsTheWams - 
Matt riddle 52,000? Didn't he receive a bonus of 60,000 for the clements fight and he said he made 100,000 for that fight

</blockquote>

haha Riddle is listed twice: once at
138 Matt Riddle* $ 248,000

and once at
342 Matthew Riddle* $ 52,000

I was getting confused by the reported number as well

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.