UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 50 Cent says MMA can co-exist with Boxing and more

11/30/12 8:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AshDoherty
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

50 Cent on Promoting Boxer MMA Fighters, Yuriorkis Gamboa, Floyd Mayweather...
11/30/12 8:49 AM
AshDoherty
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quote:
"It surprises me that people are actually involved in MMA because the discipline involved in martial arts allowed parents to take their kids when they were very small, you see people that you'd actually be surprised acquired those real skills in the early part of their lives and then they add different boxing and wrestling formats and they put it on!"

11/30/12 8:52 AM
SonOfThePeepHole
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who gives a fuck what that dickhead thinks Phone Post
11/30/12 8:55 AM
KingD87
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SonOfThePeepHole - Who gives a fuck what that dickhead thinks Phone Post
Millions more than those who care about yours. Phone Post
11/30/12 9:03 AM
ender852
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boxing and mma can both coexist together Phone Post
11/30/12 9:09 AM
hugofugosev

Can someone translate this? Don't even understand the point he's making. Punctuation could help. Phone Post
11/30/12 9:20 AM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, janitor

How about we get Donald Trump's thoughts on this subject next and make that news as well.

11/30/12 9:39 AM
greentrousers
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

forget that. i'd like to see bill o'reily's thought on mma. where does bjj come from? mma? boxing? you can't explain that!
11/30/12 9:49 AM
gravedigger
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SonOfThePeepHole -  Who gives a fuck what that dickhead thinks Phone Post

Did you even watch the FULL video before you commented? Clearly you didnt because the video is 6:31 long and you posted your comments 3 minutes into it. He didnt diss MMA at all. Mostly talked about his boxers and actually gave props to MMA guys.
11/30/12 9:52 AM
stonepony

MMA and professional table-tennis can also coexist...
11/30/12 9:59 AM
Huntsman
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loving the negativity!!! Phone Post
11/30/12 10:23 AM
TKOhYeah
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was so afraid this wasn't possible for such a long time. Constantly questioning this in my head without an intelect to guide me in finding a resolution to these conficting emotions.

Thank you mister Cent for quelling my fears on this subject, such a wise man!
11/30/12 10:29 AM
TKOhYeah
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/30/12 10:29 AM
dbl
11/30/12 10:57 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingD87 - 
Millions more than those who care about yours. Phone Post

11/30/12 11:01 AM
simonpe

Good, now I will be able to sleep at night. Phone Post
11/30/12 11:16 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hugofugosev - Can someone translate this? Don't even understand the point he's making. Punctuation could help. Phone Post
This. Phone Post
11/30/12 11:26 AM
Hansumboy

"But those guys don't look like a traditional fighter. That's the guy on the train that you say the wrong thing to, and you find out you shouldn't have been talking."

What he is basically saying here is that black dudes should be careful when picking on geeky white dudes on trains. Because the geeky white kids may have had their parents pay for MMA classes.
11/30/12 12:01 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It surprises me that people are actually involved in MMA because the discipline involved in martial arts allowed parents to take their kids when they were very small, you see people that you'd actually be surprised acquired those real skills in the early part of their lives and then they add different boxing and wrestling formats and they put it on!"

I have no idea what this means or what his point is. Phone Post
11/30/12 12:43 PM
UGCTT croy_00
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The bigger question is, how the fuck am I going to clone myself before December 8th?

First world problems.
11/30/12 1:02 PM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm surprised to read where people don't like 50 cent. to me....he seems like a guy with class. (based on these interviews. i've always loved his music.
11/30/12 1:17 PM
Robert La Stella
923 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great interview, good post OP.

11/30/12 1:22 PM
MisterHawkeMMA

I'm a big 50 fan... I said even before the TMT deal that if anyone was smart and connected enough to save boxing it'd be him (he was a really good am, and used to be best friends with Floyd). Sucks that Mayweather pulled out of their deal, but my opinion hasn't changed. That he was smart enough to pick Dana's brain says a lot of good things about him as well. Most promoters seem to have so much ego that they wont take advice, let alone seek it out.

It's crazy to think that boxing felt like it was on life support a few years back, and now it's in a potentially really good place.

P.s. Am I the only one that felt like 50 was really into Karen? I almost expected another Rampage to happen when he put his arm around her.
11/30/12 1:23 PM
SonOfThePeepHole

gravedigger -

Did you even watch the FULL video before you commented? Clearly you didnt because the video is 6:31 long and you posted your comments 3 minutes into it. He didnt diss MMA at all. Mostly talked about his boxers and actually gave props to MMA guys.
Yeah and why does 50 cents opinion matter??? Phone Post
11/30/12 1:55 PM
MisterHawkeMMA

SonOfThePeepHole - 
gravedigger -

Because he made half a billion dollars in a decade after coming from nothing. And he has a martial arts background.
11/30/12 1:56 PM
Hansumboy

MisterHawkeMMA - 
SonOfThePeepHole - 
gravedigger -

Because he made half a billion dollars in a decade after coming from nothing. And he has a martial arts background.

Does taking roids and lifting weights count as a "martial arts background"?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.