UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Reem: JDS is going to lose to Cain

11/30/12 8:51 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

When Alistair Overeem joined the Blackzilians, everyone was happy, except Antonio Silva. 'Bigfoot' did not want to be training shoulder to shoulder with someone he would likely fight, and he was right. Silva and Overeem are scheduled to fight in the co-main event of UFC 156 on Feb. 2 in Las Vegas.

The move 15 miles away to the Coconut Creek-based ATT proved to be a sound one. Following a full training camp with ATT, Silva TKOed Travis Browne in the first round at UFC on FX 5.

Overeem could have waited for an eventual fight with the winner of Champion Junior Dos Santos vs. Challenger Cain Velasquez, but instead opted to stay busy, in this case vs. Bigfoot.

In an interview with the Las Vegas Sun, Overeem offered his opinions on his once and future opponents.

“I think it was the stupidest thing on his part,” Overeem said of Silva's move to ATT. “This is a really good team with a really strong manager backing it and a lot of good people. I just don’t think it was a clever thing to do. I don’t even know where he’s training now.”

“I believe he left because he wanted to fight me first or something like that. Fine by me.”

“I just see him as a big guy who behaves in a certain way. I’m going to hit him as hard as I can.”

Overeem also discussed the decision to fight rather than wait.

“If I waited for Cain vs. JDS, it would probably be next summer already,” Overeem said. “It’s been a year since I fought, so you’ve got to consider ring rust. You need to have the experience to use fighting as much as possible. Being out for 18 months would not have been positive.”

“I want dos Santos to win so I can beat him, but I think Cain is going to take care of him for me, unfortunately. Junior is going to get taken down. He’s going to get ground-and-pounded.”

“(Junior’s) been doing the zig-zag. He wants to fight me then he doesn’t, so then he fights Cain. I think he’s going to have his hands full with Cain. He’s going to lose.”

Read entire article...

11/30/12 8:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BaraoKix
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The next contender always picks the easier style matchup for him...
11/30/12 9:16 AM
aolo

If Cain stick with the gameplan so i wont be surprised at all if he's winning this one... Phone Post
11/30/12 9:41 AM
RayRaysFunhouse
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis - JDS needs to be humbled imo. Cain is going to humble him. Phone Post
I don't understand when people say this. I am, by no stretch of the imagination, a JDS bandwagon fan, he's not even my favorite in the division, but he seems like the most humble guy in the division.
The UG hates on JDS for not being humble enough but petitions behind Mark Hunt after he's cocky enough to try a "walk off KO" multiple times during one fight.
I don't root for JDS (don't think I have, ever, actually) but I don't get why people say he needs to be "humbled."
I think some UGers buy too much into what the UFC hype machine tells Junior to say. Phone Post
11/30/12 9:51 AM
Gin Tonic
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

regardless who wins...

both beat Overeem.
11/30/12 9:56 AM
mofomike
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeem > Anyone in the division.

11/30/12 9:56 AM
sunnyko
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RayRaysFunhouse -
Sal Penis - JDS needs to be humbled imo. Cain is going to humble him. Phone Post
I don't understand when people say this. I am, by no stretch of the imagination, a JDS bandwagon fan, he's not even my favorite in the division, but he seems like the most humble guy in the division.
The UG hates on JDS for not being humble enough but petitions behind Mark Hunt after he's cocky enough to try a "walk off KO" multiple times during one fight.
I don't root for JDS (don't think I have, ever, actually) but I don't get why people say he needs to be "humbled."
I think some UGers buy too much into what the UFC hype machine tells Junior to say. Phone Post
I agree 100% Phone Post
11/30/12 9:57 AM
sunnyko
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gin Tonic - regardless who wins...

both beat Overeem.
You iz hiiigh brah Phone Post
11/30/12 9:57 AM
sunnyko

mofomike -

Overeem > Anyone in the division.

This Phone Post
11/30/12 9:59 AM
maxbrothersinc
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS will destroy both with ease. Phone Post
11/30/12 10:03 AM
in_different
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maxbrothersinc -  JDS will destroy both with ease. Phone Post

^^^^ This, my friends, is a silly person
11/30/12 10:54 AM
Toquinho
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As Todd Duffy said: only way Overeem might loose is by accident Phone Post
11/30/12 11:17 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain very well may beat him. They both destroy Reem though. Phone Post
11/30/12 11:25 AM
inf0
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

\

11/30/12 11:41 AM
buckshot44
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't see the JDS / Velasquez fight ending any differently than the last time.
11/30/12 11:43 AM
UGCTT_nightkap
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS beats both. I see Cain getting hit very hard again and going night night.
And Reem..well..I see him losing to both. Phone Post
11/30/12 11:46 AM
kinson

Cain was hurt in their first match. If Cain is healthy JDS is in trouble. Phone Post
11/30/12 11:46 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_nightkap - JDS beats both. I see Cain getting hit very hard again and going night night.
And Reem..well..I see him losing to both. Phone Post
Reem has a better chance against JDS. Cain would take him down and beat him in minutes Phone Post
11/30/12 12:00 PM
shootfightermike
738 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool story

11/30/12 12:00 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain, Reem and Dos Santos are all excellent fighters. Though I will be cheering for the Reem, I'm just looking forward to some great heavyweight fights coming up!
11/30/12 12:09 PM
bknumber1
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reem is already playing the game for his fight with JDS. He knows JDS is going to win and wants to get under his skin for when they fight each other.

Roids or not, everyone will be glued to their seats for JDS v Reem when it happens. I know I will. Phone Post
11/30/12 12:15 PM
XcessiveZ

JDS will have one hell of a resume if he KOs Cain again then Overeem.I think Cain is an easier fight for the Reem than JDS. Phone Post
11/30/12 12:17 PM
Toquinho
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see Stonepony has a new account calles samod og vold and continues fighter bashing.. What a sad pos.. Get a life man. Phone Post
11/30/12 12:26 PM
UGCTT_SMASHED BY A BIG RIG!
795 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Cain very well may beat him. They both destroy Reem though. Phone Post
This Phone Post
11/30/12 12:53 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kinson -  Cain was hurt in their first match. If Cain is healthy JDS is in trouble. Phone Post

JDS was ALSO HURT in their 1st match...and he beat Cain and took his belt anyway.

If JDS is healthy Cain is in EVEN BIGGER trouble.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.