UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Did you play Okami?

11/30/12 9:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DMC
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just bought the HD version. I always meant to get it on PS2 but never got around to it. All I know is that it got great reviews and is supposed to be pretty original.

Well after playing it for an hour I have to say it does look amazing (even now). I can certainly appreciate that.

But the sound of the 'alien' language is pretty irritating to my ears and the little bug is also annoying me with all his dialogue. Plus the gameplay so far...eh is it just a stylish, 3-D platform game?

Should I stick with it?
12/3/12 6:30 AM
DMC
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one? I guess I'm a few years too late with this thread.

Anyway I played a couple of more hours over the weekend and am going to sick with it.

It's definitley not just another generic adventure game (it's not a 'platform' game at all) and the gameplay is kinda reminiscent of Zelda but with some unique aspects.
12/3/12 11:59 AM
None So Blind
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely in the Zelda camp.

I had gotten it for PS2 back in the day, based on all the rave reviews and the unique art style, but wound up only getting ~1-2 hours into it before my PS2 bit the dust.

May get it for PS3 once I plow through the backlog I have.

Curious to see how you like it once you're done with it.
12/4/12 8:04 AM
TX_432
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great game! Keep playing its a highly underrated gem imo. Phone Post
12/4/12 9:08 AM
DMC

It's getting better and better.

I'll definitely report back when I finish it.
12/4/12 1:15 PM
killerkadoogin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolutely loved this game back when it first came out. Definitely stick with it. Thanks for reminding me the remake came out... Phone Post
12/4/12 3:11 PM
TheBearStare
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

About 12 hours in and enjoying. Ive had it in storage for a few years with my ps2 Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.